The Girl

Going Our Own Ways

 

 

 

 

                Today is the day. I have to leave today. With no regrets... I should leave him. Let him enjoy his life with someone he loves, not someone who would become a burden... Like me... I want to be selfish. I want to hold onto him, never letting go of his hand or his lips. But reality's hard, it's cruel, and never allows for you to make everything perfect. I don't want to leave this bed, this room, or this apartment complex. It holds many memories, like our first fight, first time we made love; first break up and now our last break up as well. This bed is so warm with our shared body heat, but soon it would only carry him. It's only 5 in the morning but I guess it's time for me to leave. He's going to wake up in about 2 hours for work so... It's finally time for me to get up.

 

 

 

                I sat up on the bed, leaning against the headboard and stared at him. How handsome and flawless he looks. The way his eyes are closed so lightly that they look delicate as well. His soft lips are parted, just like how they are when we kiss. He breathes softly into the pillow that has a light scent of his shampoo that I came to love. Parts of his hair were scattered across his face so I moved them behind his ears so carefully, in fear of waking him up. I have come to think that I am grateful to meet one of God's perfect creations and wish to meet another in my life.

 

 

 

                I gently move out of the covers and lightly step onto the carpet floor. I pick up my clothes to cover my body and  make the bed on the side I slept on. I cannot say that that side of the bed was my side since it won't be anymore. I freeze by the time I get to the door to the halls due to sound of shuffling coming from the bed. As the sound stops, I turn my body to look and find that he moved to sleep on his right. A relieved sigh leaves my mouth when I feel hot liquid fall down my cold cheeks. I soon realized that those were my tears that unknowingly welled up in my eyes. Couple seconds has passed as I wiped my tears and tried to gather myself together. After a few minutes, the door was finally opened and shut very quietly behind me. I processed down the hall to the living room to write him a letter that will tell him the end of our love. But I must tell you that the walk was not easy. Each step heavier and reminded me of the time I shared with him. The times when we would just stop in the middle of the halls to start making out to the times when we fought about hating each other's guts. The tears won't stop coming to fill my eyes and cover my sight. I want to stop what I'm doing and crawl back to his side but this is for him and me, but mostly for him.

 

 

 

                The next few minutes were spent to just stare into blank space and clear my mind in order to do what I planned for the best of us. I have less than an hour and a half to do this so... Better hurry up. I grab my backpack from the coffee table and takes out a envelope and pen. I opened the envelop to take the letter paper and started to write.

 

 

 

                I wrote many things on this said letter. It includes countless amounts of apologies, memories, tear stains, and the reason I came to love a perfect guy like him. But I didn't give him the reason on why I'm leaving all of these behind. I just didn't find the courage to write since I, myself, don't know why. I love him, truly, but I don't deserve him or his love. He seems better off without me and his friends agree with me.

 

 

 

                I finish writing this breakup letter and sealed it with my kiss. I prepared a breakfast meal quickly and left it by the coffee and letter on the coffee table. I put my shoes on, as well as my coat and backpack. I take a long look around the apartment room and turned to reach for the doorknob. The door opens and then closes after I take a step out the door. As the door locks automatically, it also locks away a love forever and for eternity.