Breaking News

Odd Eyed
Odd eyed
Chapter 3 ; Breaking News

Suet, 8th of Paril 2014 - Calaipt General Hospital

 

Maerin pushed the Emergency Room’s door open with her shoulder, the little boy still in her arms.

 

“Hyerim, please give this child a full body X-ray. There’s a possibility that he has fractured bones,” Maerin informed her co-worker.

 

Dr. Jang was just passing by the ER when she saw Maerin giving Hyerim instructions and immediately approached the girl. As she closed the distance, she saw how Maerin’s eyes were glowing white.

 

“Maerin, is someone injured?” Dr. Jang asked in curiosity as she realized Maerin’s hands were emitting their usual white energy when she healed someone.

 

“A little boy at Rosinate Square. I healed all his external wounds there and then brought him over. He’s going in for an X-ray now,” Maerin said as she finally took a deep breath after the whole ordeal.

 

“You had a breakthrough,” Dr. Jang said, pointing at Maerin’s eyes.

 

Maerin walked to the mirror behind the desk and looked at herself. She couldn’t contain her smile. She’d been trying for almost a month to attain Thera breakthrough, she finally got it. Her smile faltered and her brows furrowed when she realization finally hit her... she blatantly used both her powers in front of the entire crowd at Rosinate Square.

 

Well,

 

 


Dewsen, 9th of Paril 2014 - Ha Residence
 

Who Is The Damsel With Dual Aptitude?

Will Five Royals Become Six?

 

Is The Legend Of The Anassa True?

  
 

There was an uproar about the girl with dual aptitudes. Maerin’s pictures were all over the newspapers and the Internet. Her parents were on the verge of breaking down. They tried so hard to keep her abilities a secret for the past 21 years but it all went crashing down in a matter of a day. They had a hard time handling the endless calls and interrogation from relatives and friends that recognized their daughter from the circulating pictures of Maerin.

 

They were restless and anxious but they couldn’t blame Maerin for doing a good deed. It was what they taught their daughters to do. Even as retired Holy Blessed they still held the safety of the people as one of their top priorities.

 

However, they weren’t exactly really comforted by when knowing that there was significantly bigger problem in front of them. They knew that if she were found out, there’d be sacrifices. Not ones that they’d like to made. This was a nightmare.

 

Maerin sat up in the room she shared with her older sister, Jaelyn. She was playing with her fingers thinking so hard that her head hurt. She had so many questions running through her head. Tears welled up in her eyes thinking of all the possibilities.

 

‘Will I become a lab rat? Am going to be treated like a monster because I’m different? Will-’

 

Maerin thoughts were cut off by her sister’s glowing dark brown eyes. Iremo, the Blessed ability of the Peacemakers. Jaelyn calmed Maerin’s mind and sat on the bed across her little sister. Wiping the tears off the younger’s cheeks and brushing her hair lightly.

 

“Whatever you were thinking, you’re wrong,” Jaelyn comforted her sister, "You're going to be okay. You are my sister after all, a descendent of the Holy Ha bloodline. No matter what happens you should know that mom, dad and I would do everything in our power to protect you."

 

Maerin stared blankly at the ring on her finger, nodding almost lifelessly at her sister's words. The negative thoughts were gone but Jaelyn couldn't take away the feeling of worry and guilt in her heart. She had put a huge burden on her family.

 

 


The Royal’s Headquarters, Rosinate Military Grounds

 

“Time!” Key’s voice echoed off the walls of the training simulator. His hand was held out towards Taemin, using his telekinesis to carefully put Taemin back on the ground. The younger’s shifting out of his cheetah form as his glowing, yellow eyes reverted to their original black color.

 

A couple Thera wielders came out to Taemin’s aid as he groaned, feeling the pain run through his entire leg.

 

“My bad,” Minho said rubbing the back of his neck as his orange glow faded back to black.

 

“It’s alright, you didn’t do it intentionally,” Onew walked up behind Minho and gave him a pat on the back knowing that Minho gets clouded by competition.

 

Minho had thrown Taemin off when he hit the younger on the leg a little as he was running. With the amount of strength Minho had, that was more enough to injure Taemin. A few seconds later Jonghyun landed in front of Taemin.

 

“Are you okay, Taemin?” Jonghyun asked, worried for his teammate for that simulation.

 

“I’m fine. Accidents happen,” Taemin assured with a nod as the medics healed up the injury.

 

Just then, another voice made it’s way through the speakers of the training simulator.

 

“There will be a meeting at 7pm in the conference room,” Siwon, the Holy Blessed in charge of The Royals’ Affairs, looked down at his watch, “That’s fifteen minutes from now.”

 

No more than fifteen minutes later the doors to the conference room opened and in entered Siwon. The five Royals already took their places in their own respective seats as they were discussing matters of their training simulation from earlier.

 

Siwon made his way to the front of the room and placed a stack of newspapers down on the table with an unreadable expression on his face. He distributed the newspapers and watched as the five boys read the headlines with dumbfounded faces.

 

“Dual aptitude?” Key voiced out in confusion, “Has there been anyone like this in history?”

 

Siwon leaned on the table rubbing his forehead in disbelief, “There is a legend about the dual aptitude but nobody confirmed it as a fact. Only eminent members of the Board of Holy Blessed know of this legend but a reporter must’ve had connections to a past member of the board.”

 

Siwon pointed at the paper in Taemin’s hands, “The Legend of The Anassa.”

 

Taemin stared intently at the girl in the picture not even noticing when Minho who was seated next him leaned over to look at his paper. Taemin was almost mesmerized by her eyes.

 

“The first time The Anassa was ever seen was around the year 700. During the rule of the 7th generation Royals, Rosinate was attacked by EXO planet and at the time The Royals were already of considerably old age at the time,” Siwon took a seat before continuing his story.

 

“Both sides were steady but The Royals perished and that’s when things started going downhill for the Synates until The Anassa showed up. She fought to fend off the remaining troops of Exols. The troops that actually saw her said that they had seen her eyes glowing different colours and she was casting different abilities, but other remaining troops brushed them off saying that they could have been hallucinating.”

 

“So is she a Royal or..?” Onew asked.

 

“Well, she’s special, no doubt about it. Her Aptitude Gem has been as potent as a Holy Blessed’s since birth but still not strong enough to match up to a Royal’s. If she trains enough, her AG could match up to your gem’s current potency or possibly stronger. She’s in a league of her own,” Siwon explained.

 

“What happens to her now?” Jonghyun questioned.

 

“First, she’s moving to the Royal’s Headquarters.”

» author's note

         

Hey hey! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I hope that so far everything about the story is clear, lol~ I don't want to be doing a bad job in conveying the story with bad writing T^T

Look out for the future chapters ^^

And remember to leave some comments :D