Trigger

Odd Eyed
Odd eyed
Chapter 2 ; Trigger

Seut, 8th of Paril 2014 - Rosinate Square, Calaipt

 

A month later, Rosinate was in a celebratory mood. For the first time that year the Rosinate Square at the heart of the capital city, Calaipt, was decorated with beautiful streamers. The Blessed gifted with Fysi, the ability of control over nature, bloomed the budding flowers and made the grass greener than ever.

 

It was The Royal Advisor, Kim Jonghyun's birthday. Synates honor and show their endless gratitude to The Royals on each of their birthdays. They called it, 'Royals Appreciation Day'. Being taken away from their families at the tender age of one and then instantly having the weight of the planet put on their shoulders indeed deserved the respect of Synates far and wide.

 

As the afternoon of preparation went by and different shades of orange, red and purple was painted across the sky, Rosinate square started filling up with people. Synates young and old, Blessed or not, were all there to witness one of the five birthday celebrations.

 

When classes were dismissed that day, most RNU students made their way to Rosinate square. Maerin was one of them, enjoying the joyful atmosphere and the excitement in the eyes of Synates all around her as she walked along the sidewalk. Maerin smiled seeing a group children from the orphanage out with their matron. They all had bright smiles on their faces, holding little flags.

 

As she approached the square, a group of girls were gathered with placards and banners. She let out a little giggle at sight The Royals' fangirls. She found it little strange how people admired The Royals to such an extent but at the same time she also understood why and accepted it.

 

 


The Royal’s Headquarters, Rosinate Military Grounds 

The sound of glass shattering filled the Royal conference room as the five boys walked into the room one by one. A grunt escaped the Royal Advisor's mouth as he fell back into his lounge chair, running a hand through his platinum hair.

 

"We've trained all day. I just want to get some rest but now I'm forced to go on air for some celebration that I didn't even ask for," Jonghyun complained.

 

"They're just thanking you for the sacrifices you've made for their safety. Don't get upset at them for having good intentions, they mean well," Kibum, better known as Key, reasoned.

 

"I’m not mad at the people, it’s just this whole Royal thing! Just so you know, I didn't sign up for this hell of a life. I'd give up this power any day and go back to where I belong," Jonghyun states exasperatedly. Minho gave Jonghyun a light pat on the shoulder to show his empathy while Taemin sat silently on the sofa, shape shifting the ring in his hand, getting lost in his own thoughts.

 

"We all feel the same way, Jonghyun. But this is where you belong, even if you don't want it to be. Since we've all been through this for over 20 years, we'll just have to it up and keep working. If we give up, in any case of invasion, it could mean the end of the Synatic race," Jinki said before reversing the timely state of the broken glass.

 

Holding his hand out towards the broken glass, Onew's eyes turned from black to aqua and the shards began to reassemble. The perfectly mended glass then floated back to its spot on the table seeming untouched.

 

"Whatever," Jonghyun closed his eyes and tilted his head back against the headrest.

 

 


Rosinate Square, Calaipt

 

The doors of balcony on the last floor of the Town Hall opened to reveal Kim Jonghyun. The people cheered and clapped loudly as he took his place in front of the microphone that had been set up. As the huge screen behind him lit up with the image of him, so did the eyes of all the Synates at the square.

 

Maerin stood at the back of the crowd and looked up at the screen with admiration for one of the people that had been forced to give up his normal life in order to maintain peace and balance on the planet. It reminded her of the first Royal Appreciation that she had attended.

 

The Royal Anax, Lee Taemin's 18th birthday. He had inspired her with eyes that were filled with determination. He looked like he had to achieve something and ever since, Maerin had attended Royal Appreciation ceremonies.

 

"Hello people of Rosinate. I am Kim Jonghyun, the Royal Advisor. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to come out today in order to celebrate my birthday. It is truly an honor to have become an important role in the lives of the Synates. Thank you," Jonghyun gave a short speech.

 

"Today I have prepared a small gift for the Caring Orphanage," Jonghyun said and an assistant handed him a small basket. The people watched in awe as Jonghyun's eyes turned a mesmerizing admiral blue and he floated off the ground and swooped down from the building, flying at the speed of sound.

 

He made his way to the back of the crowd, landing in front of the group of children that were standing on the sidewalk. Journalists and photographers crowded the scene to get news for the next morning’s paper.

 

All the children were absolutely star struck and had no idea how to react to the Royal standing before them. Jonghyun gave a genuine smile, admiring the innocence in the eyes of the children.

 

"Hello everyone," he greeted and extended a hand to pat the head of a little boy. The children were so amazed that they almost couldn't respond.

 

"Hello Your Highness," the matron of the orphanage bowed as she greeted him, "Children, please greet the Royal Advisor."

 

Only after receiving the instruction of the matron did they grasp the mind-blowing reality and greeted Jonghyun, "Hello Your Highness," they chorused.

 

He grinned at the sight and pulled the cover off the basket in his hand. Maerin smiled at the scene taking place right before her eyes.

 

"These are for all of you," he said, personally handing out the various toys to the children.

"Please use this for any needs of the orphanage," Jonghyun said kindly as he handed an envelope to the matron.

 

"Thank you very much, Your Highness. Words cannot express my gratitude," she bowed again.

"My pleasure. Please take care," he bid, his eyes once again glowing before he took off back towards the Town Hall's balcony.

 

The moment he did, the little boy who Jonghyun had patted his head ran out onto the road in an attempt to catch him but he picked the wrong moment. The little boy tripped on his own feet and fell down. In that split second, the cyclist heading his way couldn't stop in time and ran over the little child's leg.

 

The small boy cried out in pain and sobbed uncontrollably. Maerin who was closest to the children ran over without a moment of hesitation her eyes already turning a snow white.

 

The matron and a few other people had gathered around. Maerin rushed past them with a white energy radiating from her hands. She fell to her knees and hovered her hands over the little boy's face instantly healing the bruises and scratches, same going for the wounds on his arms.

 

She put all her energy and focus on healing the little boy, without paying heed to those around her. Finally her hands moved towards his leg. She was certain that it would've have been broken or fractured at least so after healing his wound she would send him to the hospital.

 

She focused all her energy on the exceptionally large wound on the boy's leg. His crying gradually began to lessen as she healed the wound. When it had totally healed up, she carried the boy in her arms. Even as she stopped healing the child her eyes remained white.

 

Maerin spotted a taxi across at the far end of the street. It was long range but she once again invested all her concentration in using her Myalo Influence. Her left eye began to glow amethyst as she influenced the driver to stop, oblivious to all the gasps and camera shutter sounds around her.

 

The cab began to slow down although it didn’t come to a full stop.

 

Please stop! There’s an injured boy. We need to get him to the hospital,” Maerin sent the telepathic message and finally saw the driver pulling up at the side of the road.

"Madam, let's get him to the hospital, my healing only goes as far as external wounds," Maerin said to the matron. The lady just nodded vigorously in response, tears already falling from her hazel eyes.

» author's note

         

Hey! I hope that you guys like the story so far. Please drop some comments ^^ I really want to finish story, haha. The only reason I tend to abandon my stories is because I lack fuel to write which is mainly because I feel like nobody is reading my story.

I'm sure every writer feels the same way. So please be a sweetheart and leave a comment :p Maybe if you have any questions or if you're confused about something.

I know that the powers' names, degrees and such would be a bit confusing, so I've thought about making a chart for you guys to refer to in the future, that is if you guys really are confused and want / need it xD