Hate.

I don't adore you.

 Minghao was confused.

 Why, you ask?

 The answer was simple.

 Wen Junhui had dashed out of 'Animal La-La Land' after he pleaded that Minghao try on a certain panda ear headband. Which he had. Oh yes, he shamefully wore it in front of the begging brunette, and once Minghao tucked the headband behind his ears, and reluctantly faced the gleeful boy, he just stuttered and darted out of the store!

 Honestly, Minghao had been expecting him to 'coo' and 'aw' over him as he usually did, not that he enjoyed it or anything like that...but Minghao was certainly puzzled by Jun's hot and cold actions. To put it simply, he just couldn't comprehend that Jun finally left him alone. For more than two seconds.

 The perplexed male stood gaping at the empty air that once held Jun's figure, wondering where he had run off to. Remembering the situation he was in, the flushed boy ripped the headband off of his head, and discarded it in a random aisle. Sorry Animal La-La Land. Not actually that sorry though.

 He began walking to the entrance of the overly pink and blue store, bumping into a thrilled Seokmin and a laughing Soonyoung. He quietly observed the blonde male pointing out different animal themed accessories for the taller male to try on, and then laughing as soon as Seokmin turned and showed him the 'final product'.

 Amused, the silver haired boy continued his journey to the exit, also bumping into a blushing Jihoon and an also flustered Seungcheol. Peeking out from behind an aisle divider, he gazed at the bumbling couple refuse to try on any of the accessories in the store when other members were looking, and then quietly conversing to themselves about 'how that bracelet would look really cute on so-and-so', or about 'I think you should really try this on, don't worry, no ones looking'. 

 Minghao suffered from second-hand embarrassment as he watched the pair try on scarves and jumpers when they believed no one was looking at them. Everyone was looking at them. Minus the other idiotic couples.

 Sighing, he continued to the exit, pausing and surveying the whole store as he looked for Jun. Nope, no clingy brunette here.

 Spotting Joshua, he silently strolled towards the boy and reached out his hand to tap him on the shoulder. 

 "Oh hey Minghao, what's up?" The cat-eyed boy glanced up from the table of necklaces, and gave the silver haired boy a sweet smile. 

 Minghao turned his view from Joshua's kind gaze and welcoming smile, and looked down at the boys hands, inwardly smiling as he noticed Joshua holding a necklace with a set of angel wings. 

 "Is that for Jeonghan?" He asked, extending his index finger to point at the accessory.

 Joshua just laughed sheepishly as his entire face turned a light shade of red. 

 "I-err-uh-well, yo-yeah, yeah it is." The embarrassed male confessed his plans, and suddenly the cotton candy colored flooring became a lot more interesting than making eye contact with the smiling Chinese boy.

 They were silent for a moment, before Minghao added in a soft, "I'm sure he'll really like it." 

 Joshua's head snapped up, and he glanced at Minghao warily. "Do you-do you really think so?" His voice was quiet, but there was a layer of confidence behind it. He thought the necklace suited his 1004 angel perfectly.

 "Mm." 

 Joshua grinned, all anxiousness being erased from his mind. Jeonghan and Joshua had been official for five months now, they had even informed the group of their romance, and the entirety of Seventeen completely supported them. Everyone was just happy they decided to tell the group, unlike a certain couple.

 "Joshua, do you know where Jun went?" Minghao looked at Joshua with wide, hopeful eyes as he asked for the whereabouts of his Chinese friend. 

 "Oh! Yeah, he just ran out the store a few minutes ago. I'm pretty sure he went left, but I could be wrong." The raven haired boy shrugged and gestured with his hands, pointing towards the left wing of the shopping center.

 Minghao nodded and thanked him, making his way towards the exit once more, but not before accidentally hitting shoulders with Mingyu. He turned to face him, and almost rolled his eyes as he saw the infamous couple striking once more. The two giant males were wearing a matching set of cat ears. And Minghao almost burst into laughter at this part. They were wearing faux tails too. He just stood there and stared at the very, very stupid couple and chuckled. How did they not expect anyone to put two and two together when they acted like this? 

 The bemused silver haired boy just gave the pair a small smile and an even smaller 'sorry', as he continued to make his way to the left wing of the center. And he still couldn't find Jun. Weird, usually the annoyingly overbearing boy never left Minghao's side unless absolutely necessary. Maybe he had to use the restroom? 

 Minghao pushed open the bathroom door, sticking his head in and then the rest of his body. He poked his his head around the corner of the entrance, and lo and behold, there was Jun. Minghao's face instantly brightened as his eyes landed on the familiar figure, and then instantly dropped as he watched the brunette.

 Jun was leaning against the porcelain sink, staring at his reflection, as water dripped down his sharp features, landing in the sink with an almost silent splish. He was muttering something to himself, the words quietly rolling off of his tongue as he stared himself down. Almost too quiet for the peeping boy to hear, but in the empty bathroom, he could distinctly make out the same sentence Jun was mumbling to himself.

 "You do not like Minghao."

 Was Minghao hearing him correctly? So Jun really did hate him after all. The very first day when they met was all a lie, Jun's warmth and kindness as he pulled Minghao into his side and all the days after that, where he tutored Minghao to learn Korean, where he played games with him, where he practiced dancing with him at 2 am, where he ate breakfast with him, where they felt homesick together, where he called him his 'precious Minghao', where they joked and teased each other, where he said they were best friends. Everything was a lie. Jun was just pretending to get along with him for the sake of their upcoming debut.

 Minghao didn't hear the words Jun whispered to himself after that, because he ran. Minghao ran as fast as he could, and as far as he could. He ended up in the parking lot of the shopping center before falling limply to the hard concrete sidewalk, where tears began blurring his sight. Before he knew it, they began rolling down his cheeks and landing softly on the sidewalk, dampening the concrete in small circular dots. He struggled to even out his breathing, to calm himself, to stop crying for Christ's sake because he was practically a man and men shouldn't cry over such trivial matters. But he couldn't because Jun hated him. It wasn't just anyone, but Jun. The one who understood him the most, the one who always talked to him, the one who was there for him, the one who made him laugh when he felt like crying because all he wanted to do was go home and see his family. Jun.

 And it was all a lie. 

 

 


 

 

 "You do not like Minghao." 

 Jun spoke these words as if they were his lifeline. A mantra of his own. As he gazed deeply into his own dark eyes, he realized he couldn't lie to himself, not like this. But there was the fear that bellowed deep within his gut, and it scared him. He was scared that Minghao might not feel the same way. He was scared that Minghao might hate him. He was scared that Minghao might never talk to him again. But most of all, he was scared that he could ruin his friendship with Minghao by accepting such feelings. How could anyone harbor feelings towards their best friend and not ruin their friendship? 

 These thoughts paralyzed Jun, and he stood there, being devoured by his own coffee depths and he felt like crying. He loved Minghao, why couldn't he just accept it? Why shouldn't he accept it? Who cares? If he couldn't be honest with Minghao, he could at least be honest with himself. 

 His thought process was interrupted by someone's loud footsteps sprinting away from what seemed like the entrance to the public restroom, but Jun payed it no mind. 

 He stared himself down, and uttered five words that made him want to jump for joy and touch the heavens, and also made him want to crawl under his comforter and curl into fetal position and weep.

 "You're right, I love Minghao." 

 And he laughed at the pure absurdity and complex-ness that his own feelings brought him, and he was okay with it. Sure he was scared as hell that if Minghao found out he would be disgusted or even hate him. But he was okay with that, because he was at least being honest with himself. 

 And then he paused. What if Minghao doesn't even like guys? Just because he's accepting of gay relationships, that doesn't mean he wants to be in one. 

 And then Jun laughed again, because first off, Minghao would have to be accepting of his male best friend harboring romantic feelings towards him. 

 And then Jun frowned again. Should he even tell Minghao? Just a few seconds ago he was on the verge of tears because of the fact that Minghao might hate him and never talk to him again if he knew. 

 Did Jun even love him? Maybe he got too caught up in the moment and Minghao was just too adorable for his heart to handle.

 Minghao. 

 Just thinking about him made his heart speed up. 

 Conjuring mental images of him over the years didn't really help either.

 Thinking about how nice and surprisingly soft his hands were really didn't help either.

 Thinking about his dainty, chapped lips really didn't help either.

 Thinking about the boys rounded chocolate monolids realllllly didn't help either. 

 Neither did thinking about Minghao's laugh, or when he smiled and it was crooked, or when he called out Jun's name, or thinking about how cute it was that his ears stuck out, and neither did thinking about how prefect it felt to have Minghao pressed up against his body-

 Oh dear. Jun really did love him. He loved him so much it hurt. His heart felt like it was being squeezed by the hands of Cupid.

 So Jun did what he could, and he accepted it and he savored the way it felt to say, "Minghao, I love you.", or, "I really love you Minghao." He tried out all sorts of combinations of confessing his love to the subject of his affection, and it made him giddy with happiness.

 Just as he was about to go seek out his beloved, he noticed a certain something, and turned as red as a fire truck on fire, at the beach with a sunburn.

 He decided to stay in the bathroom for a few more minutes, and splashed even more ice cold water all over his face.

 He was a guy, what could he say? 

 


 

 

 I CUT IT SHORT BC WENT DOWN OK

THIS CHAP IS ONLY LIKE 1,900 AND IM SORRY BUT THAT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO STOP ;;;;;-)

IF YOU DONT GET WHAT HAPPENED WITH JUN AT THE END THEN YOU ARE TOO PURE, TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

IM HALFWAY DONE WITH CHAP 4 SO THATLL BE OUT SUNDAY OKAY

ONCE AGAIN I HALF-ASSED THE PROOF READING SO IM SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS

why am I typing in all caps??? idk I'm sorry 

thank you for reading!!!!!!!! and I'm so sorry for huRTING THE PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL OH GOD MY HEART HURTS 

until next time (⌒-⌒; )

I CHANGED THE FONT I THINK AND IM TOO LAZY TO CHANGE IT BACK ALSO I DONT REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL FONT SO IM SORRY

ALSO IN CHAP 1 AND 2 I DIDNT REALIZE I USED REAL NAMES AND STAGE NAMES LIKE I USED HOSHI AND DINO BY ACCIDENT BC THATS WHAT IM USED TO, SO FROM NOW ON ILL BE USING REAL NAMES SORRY ABOUT THAT AND SORRY THAT IM SUCH TRASH AND DONT FEEL LIKE CORRECTING IT

GUIDE:

Soonyoung - Hoshi

Seokmin - DK

Jihoon- Woozi 

S.coups - Seungcheol 

The8 - Minghao 

Dino - Chan

Hansol - Vernon

OK SORRY THANKS JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW ^^^

UPDATE: I ED UP ONE OF THE NAMES AGAIN SO I HAD TO FIX IT IM SO SORRY