Melt The Snow

Melt The Snow
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sometimes out my window
I notice that you've been crying over him
And I wonder why you just don't
Kick him to the curb
Instead of giving in

It has passed midnight when she finds herself stumbling into the apartment again after a whole day of outdoor filming. The living room is unusually bright, signaling that either, or both, of her dorm mates is, or are, still stubbornly wasting their precious five hour sleep before a group schedule tomorrow. Well, later this morning to be exact. Because today is already Wednesday. It is now past twelve, she just checked her phone. Tuesday was yesterday, tomorrow is Wednesday. No, today, today is Wednesday, she has a group schedule today. Well all in all, it is late, probably why her head is only filled with nonsense at this moment.

Deciding that she should be sensible as she has always been lately, the dignified and eloquent Tiffany, as she would like to refer, she settles with just removing makeup and taking a quick shower before going to sleep, despite how horribly her feet need a scrubbing session right now. She was indeed on her heels all day. Man, that Cheolwoo kid is tall. Kids born in the 90s must have had incredibly innovative nutrition at their most important growing stages. Sooyoung, Yoona and Juhyun are really tall themselves, too.

As she walked pass the giant white leather sofa with all that gibberish in very passionate narration in mind, she did not see a quiet, focused lump of human being curling on it, clutching her shiny new phone in one hand, lightly scratching her scalp and holding her head up with the other – a sight at which she jumps a little on the way out of the bathroom a good fifteen minutes later.

“Taeyeon? Hi!” So this was the culprit of unnecessary excessive lighting in the middle of the night. “Why are you still up?”

She is greeted with an inaudible string of mumbles, seemingly muffled by Taeyeon’s elbow that a part of her small, soft, porcelain, edgy face is still leaning on. Tiffany always looks at Taeyeon with so much adoration it even surprises her sometimes.

“Come on, answer my question or at least welcome me properly. I said ‘Hi’, didn’t you hear?” Tiffany orders. She, out of all people in this world, hates being hung up the most.

Taeyeon seems to be bothered by her little snappy tone - it is late after all, they have an early schedule tomorrow too - as she lets her eyes travel up Tiffany’s steamy towel-clad body, a not very rare sight, but not a less magnificent one nevertheless, and lingers her line of sight on Tiffany’s puffy makeup-less face, an even more charming look in Taeyeon’s and every else’s opinions if they had the precious chance to see it themselves.

“Hi.” Taeyeon says and quickly casts her eyes down to her phone screen again, her elegant self-manicured right thumb hovering over it and incessantly swiping left and right as if looking for it to turn in to the corner of pages of a very alluring graphic novel.

“Waiting for him to call or text you back?” Tiffany sits down on the perpendicular leg of the sofa, letting herself spend an extra few minutes on the moody again Taeyeon. “He could be sleeping by now. His group has a lot of stuff to do these days too. You’ll get his text the first thing in the morning. Not like this early morning. Like morning when we wake up. Do you even remember that we have group shooting tomorrow?” She talks by herself.

She has been doing that a lot much recently. She usually talks a lot, but what makes it not talking by herself is that she has people responding to her. Taeyeon, most of the time, as many others are very much concerned by the fact that Tiffany talks too much and they choose to ignore her like that could teach her a lesson or two about receding the talk. Yeah, as if that works. Yet again she does not have Taeyeon attending to every word she speaks anymore. Taeyeon has other things, other people, other someone to attend to. That certain someone who’s the whole story with Taeyeon since becoming a public gossip has been giving her more crap than she should, that Tiffany thinks that she should, handle.

She does not know their story because she simply does not want to know, only listening to Taeyeon once in a while if she ever lets herself and trusts Tiffany enough to vent. Even then, she would not take Taeyeon’s worries by heart. There is still a special space in her soul that would ache dully should she ever let Taeyeon’s boyfriend problems in. Reasons come unknown, but they were there long ago. Yet even with her humble knowledge of their relationship, she knows that it is getting out of Taeyeon’s, and at times, her hands. She knows that love should be exhilarating. Love should make the people engaging in it feel happy about themselves and the people they dedicate it to. And, most crucially, intimate relationships should be built on love. Should any lacks it, there should be no reason for anyone to keep dwelling on. She has been there, not too long ago even. She knows the feeling. It is frustrating, she feels, to let go of something you have held dear for so long, something she thought to have grown accustomed to. But it is aggravating, this she knows, to continue to run on a thread that is thinning down to nothing more but the need for its presence. She wants to be happy. And she thinks Taeyeon does too. She thinks she wants Taeyeon to be too.

She wakes up from her thoughts only to find Taeyeon in the same position as she steered from it to the ground a long while ago. Maybe she did not zone out for that long. Maybe it only seemed long and dreadful in her head. Maybe she really needs her sleep now.

“Fair enough. Be stubborn like you always are, like you always try to make it seem.” She says that final part a little bit quietly. She then coughs the fake cough and dusts off the nonexistent dust of her lap as she stands up, masking her wandering thoughts about her and Taeyeon’s happiness and the probability of them intertwined as one perfectly under her austere eyes even when they are almost spilling all over the living room’s white carpet.

She’ll bring them to sleep. She’ll spill them out in her sleep.

You see love at first is summer time
That's when you think that everything's fine
No one ever thinks it’s gonna end
But when things go wrong and winter comes
You're gonna need to run to someone
Left alone you'll just freeze up again

“Taeyeon, what do you wanna do now? You wanna talk? Watch a movie on my laptop? I can watch ‘Inside Out’ again with you. Or we can just talk. We should talk, you don’t seem alright today.” Tiffany rambles as they go up to their apartment after a day with the kids and multiple outfit changes and snapping sounds and flashes from cameras. Sunny has already left for the radio station in the middle of their dinner, leaving her and Taeyeon alone in a confined elevator booth that seems to wear her out even more than whatever activity that they have been carrying out today.

“Err, I was just gonna take a shower and wait for, ” Taeyeon sees the tiny glimpse of dejection Tiffany just shot her reflection on the glassy wall of the elevator and turns her head. “or we can talk. We can always talk. I’m here for you.”

No, I’m here for you, Tiffany rants in her head. She notices Taeyeon being all courteous and caring to her again. Taeyeon always tends to do that. Despite the fact that Taeyeon

Please log in to read the full chapter