Beautiful

Save Yourself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was a little hurt at the reaction of Scarlet. It had been quite a time since they last saw each other; however, it seemed like nothing had changed. If anything, it felt like it got worse. But Chanyeol tried to erase that feeling away. He knew the moment that he saw her on the streets that she would not simply open up her heart to anyone. After all, that was one of the things about her that he fell in love with.

“How was your trip, Chanyeol?” Scarlet asked as she gently took off his coat.

“Well… you know how business trips usually are. However, I will say for the sake that you hopelessly fall in love with me that it was utterly horrible. The reason being, because I couldn’t see your beautiful face or your melodic voice at all during the trip,” Chanyeol said looking straight at her. Scarlet, having her back at Chanyeol while she hung the coat, tensed up at Chanyeol’s confession. She was yet to be used to his statements nor did she know how to react to them. In the end, she always felt sorry for not being able to give back the same amount of emotions.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, was hurt once more. But a little feeling of hurt was worth it and was never enough to make him give up. He was utterly in love with this girl and was willing to do anything.

“Chanyeol, you must be hungry. Should I tell the maids to prepare lunch for you? Would you like to take them in the garden?” Scarlet asked.

He noticed that she was trying to change the subject but said nothing more about it. “Yes, in fact I am hungry. I’ll take the lunch in the garden. Ah, nothing too heavy though.”

Scarlet was walking out of the room to order the maids when Chanyeol called for her.

“Scarlet.”

“Yes?”

“If it’s alright with you, would you join me in the garden? I have something to discuss with you.” Chanyeol looked somewhat grim and that worried Scarlet about bit.

What is it that he wants to discuss with me?

However, questioning nothing more, Scarlet answered, “Yes. I’ll join you in the garden then,” and walked away.

Scarlet walked into the garden carrying tea towards Chanyeol who was eating his meal.

“So, what was it that you wanted to talk about?” Scarlet asked as she sat down across from him.

Chanyeol waved his hand lightly in the air and dismissed the maids away, so it was just the two of them together in the garden.

“Scarlet… It’s been almost five years since we were together.” Chanyeol said, hesitating to move on.

“The other nobles have been asking constantly about you, and I’ve tried my best to refuse because I know you don’t like these kind of things but…”

“But what?” Scarlet gently asked.

“They’ve asked me to bring you to the party being held this weekend. And… I also think that it’s time for me to announce you to them as well. To annou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter