Courage

Fear

I found myself at your door again. I didn't have any courage to ring the bell. It's been two weeks since you confessed. I miss you, Tae. I don't know why I rejected you that day, I just know that I'm a coward, I should have said something but I was too afraid of losing our friendship but that happened anyway. 
"This is the last time you do this, Fany. I watch you come and go, if you don't have anything to say, please don't come back." Startled at the sudden voice I looked back and there she was.
I opened my mouth to apologise but you beat me to it.
"You don't have to apologise, you can't force feelings. If you love someone, you should really want to be with them, without any fear, except the fear of losing them. It's okay, I understand. I just need some time. I'd be whoever you want me to be once I get myself together." she said with a slight smile on her face. 
Be whoever I want you to be?  Why do you like to torture yourself, Tae?  Either you're too strong or too stupid. I knew she was breaking because I was too. 
As she turned around, I knew it was now or never. I couldn't lose her again. 
"I love you, Tae." I watched her as she stood still, back turned towards me.
"Is this some kind of joke to you?" she said. Her voice was filled with disappointment, anger and annoyance. It hurt to hear her talk like that but I deserved it. 
I think it took me too long to process what she had said because by the time I got out of my trance she was moving towards the door. I had to tell her how I felt, now. I ran ahead and grabbed her by the wrist.
"Listen to me, please." I pleaded as she struggled to get away from me.
"Please, Tae." I was on the verge of crying now but no, tears could wait. She finally stopped struggling. When I knew she wouldn't leave, I let go of her wrist.
"I know you are mad at me."
"I'm not, Fany. I could never get mad at you. A bit upset, yes but not mad. I'm sad, that's it." she said. 
"Why do you always do that?"
"Do what?"
"You always put me first. Even now when you're hurting so bad, you should be blaming me."
"Why would I blame you? I did this to myself, it's not your fault. Besides, I love you, you put the people you love first, right?"
"Don't you love yourself?" I asked.
"I'm pretty hard to love." She said followed by a short laugh. Did I make her think that? I wondered.
"No, you didn't. Anyway, weren't you gonna say something?"
Suddenly remembering the purpose of stopping her from leaving, I began speaking. Here goes nothing.
"I've been coming to your door for a while now, it was like all roads were leading me here, no matter where I'd go, I'd always end up coming here. Whoa, cheesy much? Shut up, brain, this is not the time. Sometimes I'd imagine what it would have been like if I had said yes, we'd be together, we'd be happy but I was too scared to say yes when I should have.."
I heard a gasp. "You.."
"Shh, let me continue. I watched you leave until you disappeared from my view, I was cruel, I should have stopped you, I'm sorry. We've always been complete opposites of each other, you know. But you're the only one who has this power of making me laugh anytime. I can't pretend anymore, I can't go on thinking that I'd be alright without you. Because I won't be, I'd be this complete mess of a person. I know I'm a bit late to reply but I would like to be more than your best friend too, is the offer still open?"
I couldn't read her at that moment, not until she shoved me.
"You're a ing idiot, I can't believe you."
"I know you hate me but please, Tae" 
"I don't hate you. Don't you get it? I  love you too much to hate you." I knew then that she was trying so hard not to smile.  
"I love you, Tae. I'm not scared anymore. Let me love you the way you want me to."
I was certain I had made the right decision when we kissed, it didn't feel like fireworks, it felt so much more than that. A nuclear explosion, perhaps? 


I have no idea why I wrote this but I was listening to The Last Time and well, it just happened O_O