Fear

Fear

"She is not yours. She is not yours. She is not yours." Taeyeon kept repeating as she saw the girl she has always loved running towards her. As the girl hugged her Taeyeon knew something was wrong. Something about the way she smiled was incomplete which in turn made Taeyeon hug the said girl tightly.
"Let's go in, yeah?" Taeyeon asked. The girl replied with a nod. She looked adorable, she always looked adorable to Taeyeon, no matter what she looked like.
"I'd always be there for you. You know that, right?" Even if you belong to someone else, even if there's no chance of us being together. Those thoughts were never spoken aloud.
"I'm sorry for making you drive an hour just to see me." The girl apologized.
"It doesn't matter. I don't mind, you can call me anytime you want." Taeyeon said and the girl smiled. 
That's when she realised what was wrong with the smile, her best friend's smile seemed broken, forced. Taeyeon knew how many times people have hurt the girl in fron of her, how many nights she held the girl as she cried, how many times she had come close to confessing. She knew she could make her happy but she couldn't. Fear always conquered over courage when she was about to confess. Perhaps, she'd be brave enought to confess today. Perhaps. 
"Fany?" She called out to the girl next to her. Taeyeon gulped as the girl looked at her. Something made her feel weak, too weak to move or speak, something always did when Tiffany looked at her. It took all her strength to reply.
"I umm I  just uh want to ahem I just" She felt she was on the verge of saying it when Tiffany interrupted her.
"Tae, are you okay? Did you do something wrong?" I did. I ing fell for you, damnit. Taeyeon wanted to scream but she didn't, she bit her lip instead and stood up.
What happened next took Tiffany by surprise, her best friend had walked out on her, something she never did, she always made sure Tiffany was okay before she left.
An hour had passed, it had started raining heavily and Tiffany was lying in her bed thinking about what happened earlier when she heard the sound of her doorbell.  
The figure on the door was pacing back and forth while running her hands through her now completely drenched hair, Tiffany recognised her right away, she would have recognised her anywhere anyway. She gasped when she saw the state Taeyeon was in , she hurriedly opened the door, asking the girl to come inside but Taeyeon didn't budge, she stood there and closed her eyes while looking down, clasping her hands together she finally found the courage to let out all the feeling she had been holding inside for all these years.
"Fany, I don't want to come in. I'm here to say something. Please, don't interrupt me or I might never be able to say this again. If you ask me to leave, i will and I promise you won't hear from me again. I've known you since we were kids, I know where you go when you're too scared to face things, I know how you are feeling just by looking at your face. Our lives haven't been all rainbows and sunshine, we've had our fair share of pain and bad days. We've been together all through this, giving each other strength, being each other's strength. I know all the things that make you the way you are, good and bad. The only thing I want to do is being there for you, no matter the circumstance or the weather, I want to be next to you. I have held you so many times but I don't want to do that as your best friend anymore. So, I'm standing here to ask you, will you give me a chance to make you feel loved in more than a best friend sort of way?" Taeyeon held her breath for the answer and as she looked at the girl in front of her she knew what the answer was.
"Tae, I, I'm sorry I..." Taeyeon finally exhaled after hearing it.
"It's hard to say goodbye, I've heard that in songs, you know? Finally experiencing it is something else though. I hope you remember you're beautiful and that you're loved without any conditions or demands. Goodbye." Taeyeon didn't know how she managed to stand there after the rejection but as she ran towards her car, she knew this was the last time she'd be visiting Tiffany.
She looked back for the last time and mumbled a goodbye before getting inside the car and driving away.