Jeon, Han : Skype, Missing you, Lullaby

Bulletproof Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud cheers fill up the room and relief all over everyone's faces can be obviously seen. Finally the promotions for I NEED U that they've prepared for so long and worked hard for already finished successfully and now they're eating meat and drinking alcohol to their hearts content. While happily looking at s, Namjoon notices Jungkook who keeps on checking his phone even before they reached the restaurant, looking so worried.

"Is there something wrong?” Namjoon asks as he puts a hand on Jungkook's back.

Jungkook looks back at Namjoon before rubbing his nape, “Nothing, hyung. Really."

And with that, Namjoon decides to brush it off. After all, the maknae doesn't like to be forced.

After a while, Jungkook's phone lights up and with quick movements he grabs it off the table. After reading the message, he sighs deeply and puts his phone back on the table before he slumps his shoulders. Namjoon who sees everything decides to talk to him one last time.

"Kook-ah, you seem too tired. Come on, go home ahead of us. I'll ask manager hyung to drive you.“ this prompts a thankful smile from the youngest.

 

“OKAY! WE’RE GOING TO REPEAT FROM THE TOP AFTER A FIVE MINUTE BREAK. YOUNGJI, ALWAYS KEEP THE CENTER ON CHECK.”

“Yes~” four ladies answer Mcountdown’s director.

They just finished their fifth recording but the director isn’t satisfied making it really hard for everyone since it’s already 1 in the morning. Hopping off the stage tiredly, each member finds a seat to rest on.

“Ah, I’m so tired.” sighs Hara. It’s been hard on her since she is also preparing for her solo debut after Cupid promotions. Gyuri just pats the younger’s back like the big sister she is. The members are all quiet making sure not to waste energy before the next recording. Well, except one. As soon as she hopped off the stage, she runs to her bag to get her phone. She types on her phone frantically, takes a deep breath before pressing the send button.

Recording is extended. I’m sorry.

“Seungyeon-ah, is there something wrong?” Gyuri calls out.

“Nothing, Gyuri. Really.” She answers with a dull tone. The leader does not dig any further and just continues to rest.

“OKAY. LET’S BEGIN!”

 

Finally arriving at their dorm, Jungkook walks to the room he shares with Namjoon, gets a change of clothes, and goes straight to their bathroom to take a quick shower. Once he came out, he throws his self on his bed. Of course he was tired but what upsets him the most is that he will not be able to meet the person he hasn't seen for almost 2 months, the person he misses the most. And now he just wants to cry his self to sleep.

Too quiet. He is not the type to be scared when alone but today seems different. The silence is eating him up and he hates it. Suddenly his phone rings. Not wanting to speak to anyone, he ignores it and just lets his ringtone resound throughout the room. He is just too tired of everything.

“I need you girl
Why am I in love alone, why am I hurting alone
I need you girl
Why do I keep needing you when I know I’ll get hurt?” he sings along.

He knows that it’s not the case. He knows the girl loves him too but she promised and sadly, promises are meant to be broken. A lonely tear slides down his cheeks as his shoulders start to shake. There were other times too that their meeting gets cancelled. But for him, this was different. He was so excited because he’ll get to see her after 2 months and then suddenly she can’t come. He knows he’s being a crybaby right now. But can’t he? Exhaustion, longing, sadness and self-frustration get him and he starts to sob uncontrollably. He knows it’s work and in their case, work comes first and he can’t do anything about it. He knows but can’t he just be selfish for once?

Remembering that it is almost 3 in the morning, he thought that the call might be urgent. Wiping his tears, he tries to return his breathing to normal. But as soon as he sees the caller’s name, his breath hitches.

Seungyeon noona

“Hello? Jungkook-ah.” oh how much he missed her voice calling out his name. It’s been a week since their last call. She was preparing for their comeback and he was busy with their promotions. Both were really tired for days, they can’t afford phone calls and just settled with text messages.

“I’m really sorry I can’t come today. I already arrived home. We did 10 takes! Can you believe that?! Ah, I’m so tired.” Seungyeon whines. Jungkook smiles. “Where are you now?”

Only silence answered Seungyeon. “Kookie, is something wrong?”

“Nothing, Noona.” Jungkook answers. His exhaustion and loneliness already washed away. He just laughs at his self for his actions earlier. “I’m just happy hearing your voice again”

Seungyeon knows that is not only the case. She knows he is disappointed because she can’t come. The boy is too transparent even if she could only hear his voice.

“Wait, Kookie-ah” she then hangs up. All Jungkook could do is to listen to the tone that replaced the voice on the other line. Jungkook is left dumbfounded. Who wouldn’t?? He just kept on staring at his phone when it lights up again.

INCOMING SKYPE CALL

Jungkook brightens up at once. He turns on the lights and goes back to his bed. He sets up his phone by his pillow, lies flat on his stomach before pressing the green button.

“Oh! There! Hi! Can you see me?” Seungyeon greets while waving her hands in front of her laptop. “Oh you’re in your dorm already?” confusion written all over her face because she knows BigHit is hosting a meat and beer party for the boys and all their staff. They were supposed to meet during the party in a café near the restaurant. But since she can’t come, Seungyeon expected Jungkook to have stayed at the party.

“Why do you always grin? I’m asking you a question here mister.” Seungyeon pouts. Even if she is a lot older than him, she definitely acts nothing near her age. She’s is sitting upright on her pink bed, wearing her favorite pajama set -- the one with puppies printed all over and take note that it is also pink. How cute.

Jungkook laughs, “Namjoon hyung let me go home first,” he hesitates before continuing, “He said that I look too tired.” and then an awkward laugh follows.

Seungyeon is not happy hearing this. Her pout slowly disappears, “Jungkook, is there a problem?” she seriously asks.

Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat and looks away, “It’s just that I was really looking forward to seeing you.”

“Here! You can see me now right?” She spreads her arms wide as if stating her point.

“But seeing you in flesh is different!” Jungkook explodes. His breathing now unstable, his eyes start to water.

Seungyeon is clearly taken aback by this. Jungkook always acted as the older one. He did not care if Seungyeon was older than him; he took the Oppa role in his hands. He always acted so strong and she was the vulnerable one whenever they can’t meet. He was the one who always said that it’s okay that there will still be a next time. Because he was always the mature one, Seungyeon sometimes forgets that he is still so young, asking herself if it was really right to say yes to him. Today is the first time seeing Jungkook so fragile, sobbing really hard, just like the baby he really is. And it hurts her. SO MUCH.

She exhales, “Didn’t we talk about this already?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter