"You're mine. I don't want anything dirty on what's mine."

Amberella

 

"Kris?" I gulp and run to her side to take a gimpse out the window. To my horror, my cousin is standing right outside the gate, with a grin plastered on his bright face. I feel the pit of my stomach sinking and i fidget in uneasiness. "W-what are we going to do, Krystal?" I ask the girl nervously.

"Shh.." She puts a finger on and pulls me to a side. "We are going to pretend that I'm not home." She raises a hand and gives me an 'okay' sign and I nod my head. So we sit on the sofa while waiting for Kris to finally get the idea that his girlfriend (who's actually home with his oh so good cousin cheating behind his back) isn't home and hopefully he will just walk away. I bite onto my nails nervously while tapping my foot on the floor tiles.  

I am having the same exact feeling I had when I first lied to my father in preschool, I don't exactly remember what I lied about but I remember feeling incredibly guilty that I couldn't sleep for the rest of that night. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen to me tonight. I mean, how can I actually do this to my cousin? I'm a douchebag....Krystal's phone rings, almost scaring the out of me. She fishes out her phone from her pocket and stares at the caller id. Feeling curious and terrified, I lean closer to take a peek and almost jump out of my skin when I see the name and phone on the screen. Krystal gives me a look that shuts me up before swiping her hand across the screen and places the phone next to her ear. 

"Hello?" She says almost too carefully. "I'm not home baby." Ouch, my heart breaks hearing her calling him baby. She glances and me and flashes an apological smile. "I'm out in the mall... Sick? Nah, I'm not sick. I only lied, I just wanted to ditch classes." She says before faking a chuckle. "Sorry... I love you bye." I watch as she makes a kissing sound before ending the call, officially ending my life as well. My heart feels as if it's breaking into thousands of pieces. I feel incredibly jealous, and incredibly pissed off. "I think he's gone-"

"I don't believe you." I say in a cold and eeriely calm tone as I glare at her. She raises a brow at me.

"What?" She stares at me as if I'm crazy for being upset at her for saying 'I love you' to a guy she claims she doesn't love and only ever says 'I like you' to a girl she claims might be the love of her life."Look, you know I don't mean it when I told him-"

"Well, to me it's seem like you don't care about people's feelings at all." I clench my fist and stand up, towering her. "You told Kris you love him even though you said you don't. You're just going to hurt him later on. If you don't love him, you shouldn't tell him you love him." I shake my head and narrow my eyes. "And you told him you love him in front of me, and you said you like me! But it certainly doesn't look like it's a big deal to you." 

"Joseph, I don't understand why are we argueing over something so stupid." She sighs in defeat and clutches her forehead with her palm. 

"Well, okay." I snort and nod my head sarcastically. "Let's talk about something else. You said you would break up with Kris to be with me didn't you?" I say, daring her to make a noise. She looks up at me with shut. "Why didn't you just tell him just now? I don't see why?" I'm starting to feel that I'm just a card Krystal is playing all along, waiting for a chance to throw me away after using me. I mean, what can she possibly see in me? We met just a couple of times, what is there for her to like me?

"Joseph." She finally throws me her infamous deathly glare. "This is going overboard." She stands as well, her face so close to mine her nose is practically touching mine. "I will break up with Kris, but not now." She says a bit more softly, which makes me even more frustrated.

"Why? Because you love him?" I say in a mocking tune.

"Get out." She says, as simple as that, while pointing at the big bright door. I give her a look that says 'oh-you-know-what-I-don't-care-anymore' before stomping out of the house.

"Unbelievable." I mumble to myself, while changing back into my uniform in a public toilet.

 

 

.....................................

 

Saturday rolls by without anything much happened. Only the fact that Krystal hasn't been talking to me, well the 'Joseph' me to be exact. She still talks to the nerd me in school though, more like grimace, scowl, mock, roll her eyes at me. To tell the truth, I really miss her and I just want to call or text her right now. But something in my mind tells me not to because she hasn't break up with my cousin, and that it'll be bad for me to contact her when she's still dating him.Tugging in my shirt, I look at myself for the last time at the mirror, readying to leave the toilet when a girl walks in. She stops halfway through the door and stares at me with her wide round eyes. She is a very good looking girl with big round eyes, brunette locks, small nose and slim figure. 

"Yah!!! ert!!!" She screams and run towards me, before giving me a full kick in the groin, knocking the living air out of me. I lean against the sink to support myself, while holding my part in pain.

"What's going on??" At the corner of my teary eyes, I see Nicole rushing in. She sees me bending a little at the corner and rushes to my side. "What happened?!?"

"Yah?! Can't you see there's a boy in the toilet?!!" The girl says incredulously while pointing at me. "Can't believe erts nowadays got the guts to sneak into the mall's ladies' room." 

"I'm/she's a girl!" Both Nicole and I say in unison. 

"I don't care, I'll call the security.... what??!" The girl exclaims and looks at me with agape. "Y-you're a g-girl?"

"Yes, she is." Nicole clarify and without my permission, pulls my shirt up to my face and both me and the girl scream.

"Yah!!" I flail my hands in panic and my face is probably redder than a tomato. 

"You're really a girl!" The girl circles me and eyes me in amusement. I cross my arms around my chest and glare at Nicole who is grinning sheepishly. "I can't believe there are tomboys like you here in Korea." The girl gives me a small smile before extending her hand. "I am Bae Su Ji, but I prefer people calling me Suzy. Nice to meet you." I stare at her smiling face then her hand with a brow raised. She notices my doubtful look so she places her hand back down and sighs. “Look, I am incredibly sorry for accusing you and kicking you like that. It was a misunderstanding. Can we start over again and forget about what just happened?” She extends her hand again for me to shake. I sigh before taking her small smooth hand in mine and give it a small shake.

“I’m Amber Liu.” I say with a small smile.

“And you?” Suzy turns to face Nicole and offers her hand for her to shake. Nicole just shakes her hand and mutters her name nonchalantly. “Nice to meet you two and I’m really sorry for what happened earlier.” She clasps her hands together and apologizes cutely.

“It’s okay.” I say.

“Great! You two are nice people.” She beams cheerfully. “So, I am wondering if you two are free?”

“Not really we’re on a date-“

“Yeah.” I cut Nicole off and nod my head vigorously. Partly because I really don’t want this Suzy girl to get the wrong idea and partly because I sense that she is going to ask us something which might get me out of this hellish date.

“Great! You see, I am from US and I just moved here yesterday. I am wondering if you two can just show me around or something, cause I’m like pretty lost here.”

“You speak really fluent Korean.” I chime in.

“Well, my parents are both Korean and we usually speak Korean to ourselves.” She says with a shrug.

“You see, we’re pretty busy-“ Nicole interject but I cut her off once again.

“Are you sure you’re okay? I mean with strangers showing you around?” Nicole nudges me in the rib hard but I ignore her.

“Yeah, why not? You two are around my age and you two seemed like the people I would hang out with.” She probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash at me if I was in my usual old fashion clothes and glasses today.

"Uhm, sure." I say in a somewhat fake cheerful tone. "We would definitely like to show you around the town, if you want." 

"Yes! Please!"

The rest of the day consists of Nicole's cold glares and me showing Suzy around the town. Suzy gives off the 'popular girl' vibe but I guess it's better than being on a one on one date with Nicole. But I'm also glad that Nicole is with us because Suzy likes being all touchy touchy with me, which seriously creeps me out a little. 

"Oh, here's my stop." Suzy says, snapping me out of my daze. "I'm getting off now. Thank you for showing me around." Suzy says, but her eyes are only on me. "I hope I'll be seeing you guys again." I hope not.

But I go, "Me too."

"Or not." Nicole mumbles and I nudge her, even though I feel the same too.

"Good bye Nic." She waves a little to Nicole. "Goodbye, Amber." She surprises me by leaning closer and pecking me on the cheek, before getting off the bus hastily. I hold onto my cheek while watching as her figure dissapear. 

"I hate that girl." Nicole says while grimacing. "She's a , I feel it. She even gave me an awful nickname." She suddenly turns and eyes me angrily. "And you're a too! You let her interfere our date." I watch in horror as she spits on her hand before rubbing my cheek. 

"Yuck!" I wipe my cheek with my shoulder and knit my eyebrows at her. "What's that for?"

"You're mine. I don't want anything dirty on what's mine." 

 

..........

 

 

"What's with that gloomy face?" Chanyeol appears out of nowhere when I am tidying my locker and flicks my forehead.

"It's nothing." I say without looking at him. I can't possibly tell him that I miss my cousin's girlfriend, and that I've been in my bed yesterday thinking about her all day. 

"I heard that we'll be having a new kid in our class today." Chanyeol says as we walk along the crowded hall. 

"At this time of the year?" I quirk an brow at that.

"Yup. I heard that the kid is pretty wealthy and that her father is one of richest man in America."

"America? She's from America?" I ask nonchalantly while pushing pass the horde of students.

"I guess." Chanyeol says with a shrug. I stop on my tracks and stare at in front. "Hey why aren't you walking?" Chanyeol raises a brow at me but I don't reply him, I just stare at the couple in front of me.

In front of me stood Krystal and Kris, making out in the broad daylight while I stand there staring. I know I shouldn't  torture myself but being the masochist I am I continue watching their hot and y make out. I watch as Krystal wraps her hands around Kris neck, pulling him even closer to her. I watch as Kris hands slide down to Krystal bottom and squeezes her . 

"Amber, lets go."  Chanyeol whispers but I don't budge. "Amber!" He whispers harshly while yanking my arm.

My glasses are suddenly foggy and that's when I notice my eyes tearing up. Tears start rolling down my cheeks and I quickly wipe them off before anyone notice them. But chanyeol did, so he begins dragging me away from there. 

I continue watching them even though I am being drag away, and I see them broke the kiss. The last thing I saw was Krystal's eyes on mine briefly before I completely lose sight of them.

"Amber..." I hold a hand up to cut Chanyeol off. We are in our class with Chanyeol.sitting on Nicole's seat beside me. Nicole is late, as usual but I don't care. I don't care about anything at all. I don't care about my broken heart and the girl sitting in front of me happily chatting with her friends.

"Leave me alone." I say coldly. 

"Okay but remember you have my shoulders if you want to lean on something when you're crying or sulking or just want to lean on something-"

"I said leave me alone." I send him a deathly glare and he gulps before standing up and walks to his seat. 

I fold my arms on the desk and burry my head in between my arms to avoid looking at the back of the girl who makes my heart hurts like hell. Why do I even start having feelings for her anyway? I know perfectly that she isn't really serious about me at all in the first place. Now see what you've done to you heart, stupidber.

"Class, we have a new student today. Please treat her kindly. Come in please." I hear our teacher's voice but I don't lift my head. I tune out and instead start drifting off to sleep. "Amber Liu!!!" I jolt up and blink in surprise when I see the whole class looking at my direction. My eyes momentarily met Krystal's before the teacher brought my attention back to her by shouting my name again. "How dare you sleep in my claas! You've also disrespected your new classmate!" My eyes widen and my jaw drops when my eyes landed on the girl standing beside the teacher. 

 

 

 

 

Suzy?! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Sorry for the late update and lame chapter guys

I've been struggling for this chapter and I hope I didn't disappoint you too much  T.T

Pls comment and thanks for reading this ty story!