TaeJin // Scientifically Adorable

Infrequent Collection

title, scientifically adorable ;

​> pairing: taejin
> genre: fluff
> prompt: “Please stop petting the test subjects.”
> note: binge writing taejin is never a good idea when you have no clue how to end a fic. the ending is cliche as hell and im so sorry.


 

Taehyung being strange in the laboratory was a normal occurrence in Jin's life.

Jin's gotten used to Taehyung's strangeness in words but there's one thing that he couldn't understand for the life of him.

 

"Taehyung, stop petting the test subjects!"

 

Taehyung loved cute things and unfortunately, their test subjects were rabbits and they were adorable.

 


 

 

Another day being reprimanded by Jin, Taehyung pouted as he was put in time out again.

"I only wanted to play with the bunnies!" Taehyung refuted. Unfortunately, Jin was known for being too uptight and strictly followed ruled.

"Taehyung, for the last time, petting the test subjects isn't allowed!"

Taehyung stared at the bunnies in desperation for the next few minutes until he could finally go back to "working". His definition of work is to prance around, bothering anyone and anything in sight. How he graduated college, no one knows.

One thing about Taehyung is that whenever he wanted something, he got it no matter what. And that's why he was now holding a thick rule book kept in the laboratory for new employees and a black pen. Flipping to page 469 and scribbling something down, Taehyung ran up to Jin who was busy typing up a report on bunnies.

"Hyung! Hyung! Look what I found!" Taehyung shoved the rule book into Jin's face, knocking his glasses off.

"What the hell, Taehyung?" Jin looked at Taehyung wide eyed, judging Taehyung with precision. Taehyung only giggled and pointed to words in small font.

 

If a scientist pets a test subject (supposing it's allowed) everybody must pet all the test subjects.

 

Jin stayed silent for a few moments in disbelief and slowly turned to Taehyung, wondering when this rule was ever established.

"So there you have it, hyung! You have to pet the bunnies with me!" Taehyung giggled, secretly cackling at how easily he was able to manipulate the rules into fitting his needs. (Or rather, need to do something with Jin)

 

Jin mentally cursed at the rule book before sighing, "Fine, I'll pet the test sub- I mean bunnies with you, but just this once!"

Ecstatic, Taehyung grabbed Jin's hand and ran them over to the bunny cage. Somewhere in the very short distance from Jin's desk to the bunny cage, Taehyung decided to somehow trip over nothing, making them both plummet onto the ground.

Jin groaned before realizing Taehyung was on top of him, "This was your whole plan after all, wasn't it?"

Taehyung only grinned at Jin and planted a kiss on his lips, effectively wiping the slight scowl off.

Jin blushed and pushed Taehyung off, "Not now Taehyung, we're still at work; we'll continue this later. Let's go pet the bunnies."

Nodding, Taehyung winked and rushed ahead of Jin to cuddle with the bunnies.

 


 

 

"Taehyung, you can't keep kissing me during work. It's against the rules," Jin chastised, flicking Taehyung's forehead before pulling him into an engulfing back hug.

"Hyung," Taehyung pouted trying to wiggle his way out of the hug. "Why can't you be more lenient about rules?"

"I, unlike you, don't want to get fired anytime soon," Jin responded. "One of us has to make income."

Taehyung whined in displeasure, "I can make money too!"

Jin couldn't really argue against since they both had the same jobs.

 

"Go get ready for bed, Taehyung. I'm not waiting for you to finish complaining about me to your stuffed lions."

 


 

 

Taehyung snuggled into Jin's chest, enjoying the warmth the human furnace brought him. Not wanting to disturb Taehyung's moment of bliss, Jin carefully adjusted himself so that he could actually breathe while being squashed by Taehyung's weight on his chest. Burying his nose in Taehyung's hair, Jin let sleep null his senses and slipped away from reality to dream about a carefree life with his adorable boyfriend.

Although the bunnies may be adorable in the laboratory, Taehyung only needed one thing: his scientist boyfriend.

While Jin has to admit the bunnies were cute in a scientific way, all he needed was Taehyung's cuteness to supply him for life.