TaeJin // Playtime

Infrequent Collection

title, playtime ;

​> pairing: taejin
> genre: fluff
> prompt: “I may have accidentally sort of adopted five cats.”


 

After a long day at work, the only thing Jin wanted to do was go home and cuddle with his adorable kitty boyfriend, Taehyung.
Sadly, this is not what happened at all.

As soon as Jin unlocked and pulled the front door to his apartment open, he was immediately pounced on by said adorable kitty boyfriend.

"Hyung! You're home!"

Jin's lack of energy dissipated as soon he saw Taehyung smiling up at him. Jin pulled Taehyung off of him to put his bags down and carefully guided Taehyung over to the coach. Taehyung let out a low whine and rubbed his head against Jin's chest. Chuckling, Jin let his hands curl into Taehyung's soft hair and gently rubbed the cat ears that sat atop his head. In response to Jin's gentle pets, Taehyung emit purrs of content and buried his head deeper into Jin's broad chest.

 

"Have you eaten yet, Taehyung?" Jin asked, hoping that Taehyung didn't starve himself waiting for Jin to return.

Taehyung only shook his head and pawed at Jin to get his attention.

"Hyung?" Taehyung whispered eagerly.

Jin looked down at the fur ball laying on his chest in curiosity.

"What is it, baby?"

Taehyung looking a little embarrassed answered, "Don't be upset with me!"

Confused as to what Taehyung was blabbering about, Jin looked Taehyung straight in the eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I would never be upset at you for anything," Jin spoke.

Taehyung giggled in relief and reluctantly got up from his comfortable position.

 

"I have a surprise for you!"

 

Suddenly, Jin didn't feel the bliss from a few moments ago. The thoughts of Taehyung's last few surprises flashed before his eyes. They consisted of the kitchen looking like a trash heap, the bookshelves crashing into the floor, Hoseok's cat Yoongi almost killing Taehyung, and so on.

"Baby? Is it a good surprise? Nothing dangerous?" Jin was being far cautious for just a surprise, but it was Taehyung; no one knew what went through his abstract mind.

 

Without responding, Taehyung walked into their shared bedroom and didn't come out for a few minutes. Jin thought Taehyung had died or something, but was mistaken and worried about the fact that he heard meowing in the house that wasn't Taehyung.

"Taehyung? Are you okay in there?" Jin called out, unsure of Taehyung's physical state. 

From the couch, Jin could hear Taehyung's obscene giggling. Deciding this was enough, Jin walked over to the bedroom door and peeked inside. What he saw shocked him.

 

5 tiny kittens dancing and prancing around Taehyung, nipping at his ears and tail.

 

Shocked, Jin let out an audible gasp that garnered the attention of the six troublesome kitties.

"Taehyung... I thought I said we couldn't get any kittens when I already have you," Jin sighed. A flash of dejection crossed Taehyung's face as a kitty jumped on his head.

"But hyung, you said you wouldn't get upset!" Taehyung whined, pouting up at Jin from his seat on the carpet.

 

"We'll talk about this later, Taehyung," Jin started, making Taehyung's ears fall flat on his head.

 

"But first, we need to feed these cats."

 


 

 

Due to Taehyung's constant whimpers and whines of dejection, Jin finally caved in after a few days with the kittens.

"Next time you have to listen to me, alright?" Jin scolded Taehyung but quickly kissed his forehead and ran a hand through his hair to calm him before he started crying again.

Taehyung let a small smile slip and leaned in to kiss Jin on the lips but Jin backed away before Taehyung could get to him. Taehyung whined before hugging Jin with both his arms, refusing to let go.

 

"We can't afford to feed 6 cats-" Taehyung pouted again, "- But I'll let you keep 2 of them. Having one big baby is enough work."

 

This time Taehyung really did kiss Jin straight on the lips and grinned into the kiss. "I love you, Hyung!" 

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, you spoiled cat."