Part 1 (Squealing on the inside)

Squealing On The Inside
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Here is a little 2 shot for you. Well, this is part 1. Part 2 is ty and I will post it shortly J
This is my first time writing Kaisoo… I usally write Taekai or SHINee pairings so I hope it doesn’t . 
P.S This was based off a personal experience.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Kim Jongin was your average guy. If you asked him, he would say that there was really nothing special about him. Do Kyungsoo however, would disagree.

They met at a party about 4 months ago and ever since that moment, when Kyungsoo saw the tall and handsome boy stride in; bubbling with confidence, he was entranced. The thing that really hooked him to Jongin however, was how utterly clumsy the younger boy seemed to be. Jongin was special because he looked confident, handsome and y on the outside – and don’t get Kyungsoo wrong, he was all of those things – but on the inside was a fun-loving, cute, clumsy and adorable boy.

Kim Jongin remembers the moment he first laid eyes on Kyungsoo. The older boy was standing next to the drinks table, eyes wide but face expressionless. Those owl like eyes locked with Jongin’s own for a good few seconds before he witnessed the older boy look away, his face looking warm in the slightly crowded kitchen. He was cute. That’s all there was to it at first, until he spoke to the boy for the remainder of the party – finding out that he was exceptionally smart and actually quite shy – though his tongue was as sharp as his wit and Jongin kind of really liked that juxtaposition about him.

So, shall we cut to the chase?

Jongin had been talking non-stop about Kyungsoo ever since he had met the boy. Sehun –his best friend- had listened intently at first and he had enjoyed poking fun at his love sick friend. Four months down the line however, and Sehun was pretty sick of hearing about the boy. He could recite you the owlish boy’s height, how his laugh sounds, the exact hue of his lips and he could elaborate immensely on how perfectly soft and squishy the boy’s skin was. He didn’t want to. He didn’t want a 101 class on all things Do Kyungsoo, but after so long it had just subconsciously engraved itself in his brain – unlike his maths equations, much to his chagrin.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Across town, things were a little different.
“C’mon Kyungsoo-ah, please?? Baekhyunnie needs more people to come, he’s afraid nobody will turn up!” Chanyeol whines at his best friend who is still studying at his desk and shaking his head in refusal.

“I told you, this paper is due at the end of next week, and I really need to get it finished earlier so I can check it before handing it in.” Kyungsoo mumbles, disinterested as this is the third time he has repeated this sentence in the last half hour.

“Blah blah blah, you’ve told me that already and that’s a terrible excuse when your best friend really needs you!” Chanyeol whines again, his tone now dangerously high and borderline ear splitting which only serves to irritate his best friend further.

“Yeol! I’m trying to study here. Can’t this conversation wait?” Kyungsoo grumbles, turning his eyes on the taller boy with a menacing glare.
The whining boy flinches and he knows he is beginning to lose the battle, so he stalks away to let his best friend calm down a little.

Around an hour later, Kyungsoo comes into the kitchen of the house (that he shares with the tall boy) looking for food.
“There’s some left over kimbap in the fridge, I ate some earlier.” The taller boy chimes in as he sees his friend stalking through the cupboards. Chanyeol is currently sat on the sofa in their open plan dining/kitchen/living room, flipping through a comic book and music playing on low from his nearby laptop.

“Thanks” Kyungsoo grins and the younger boy sighs in relief as he realises his friend is over his bad mood.
They chat lightly whilst Kyungsoo practically inhales his Kimbap. 
Suddenly, Chanyeol is jumping up from the sofa to grab his laptop.

“Y-yah Kyungie!! Guess what?” Chanyeol says, a mischievous glint in his eyes that makes Kyungsoo swallow slowly and reply with a slow

“What?” his stomach churns a little and he isn’t sure if it is from the manic grin on his friend’s face, or the copious amounts of rice and seaweed he has just consumed.

“Your lover boy just clicked the group page to say he is attending Beakhyun’s party.” Chanyeol sing-songs whilst lifting up the laptop so the older male can see.

“I don’t know what you mean?” Kyungsoo tries to play cool but the handsome profile picture and the name Kim Jongin next to it are attracting his eyes.

“Yes you do, I know you like him. You never talk to new people like that. Especially not laugh and play around with them, you were cozied up with him all evening at Jongdae’s party. Don’t even try and deny it!” Chanyeol glares at the end, his teasing tone only increasing as he sees Kyungsoo lose his cool.

“He’s just…different is all. He was fun to talk to.” The shorter boy defends and crosses his arms like a petulant child.

“Hmmm…alright, whatever – I’m sure his drop dead gorgeous body and handsome flower boy face had nothing to do with it at all. Either way, I don’t care because this means you’re coming and we can go together and I’m going to get bonus points from Hyunnie for getting you to come along!” Chanyeol fist pumps the air and lets out a small laugh.

“Who said I was coming???” Kyungsoo drawls out, but a look from the giant and a complementary eyebrow raise is all it takes for him to hang his head back against the dining room wall and utter out a small and defeated “What time do we need to be there for?”

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Jongin paces about his room, throwing clothes out of his wardrobe occasionally and sometimes stopping to sit down in distress.
“How am I supposed to do this Sehun? I don’t own anything decent!” Jongin grumbles under his breath and Sehun ducks in reflex as a shoe is almost flung into his face.

“Gees, will you relax already? This is why people don’t live with you Jongin. Health and safety issues.” He says as he pushes aside a pile of clothes on the desk chair in order to sit down.

“Sehun! Now is not the time to be ing about stuff, now is the time to help me find an outfit that screams, ‘Do Kyungsoo, look only at me,’ Jongin almost screeches as he sits on the floor, surrounded by various shirts and pants and shoes. He watches as his best friend chuckles for a while as he taps away on his phone. Just as he is about to complain however, a song begins to fill the room.

“Oh Sehun, seriously! Eurgh!” Jongin shakes his head as Taeyang’s ‘Only look at me’ resonates loudly across the room, sounding tinny through the phone’s single speaker.

“What?” Sehun pleads innocently “I thought we could use some inspiration. Come on, let’s have a look at what you haven’t thrown across the room yet."

They continue on with minor fits and some small bickering until they finally find an outfit that is acceptable – or rather, one that Jongin doesn’t dismiss as completely wretched – for Baekhyun’s party. Sehun goes to the bathroom to change into the clothes he brought and he proceeds to steal Jongin’s aftershave, deodorant and hair products; he claims them as compensation for his services this evening and Jongin is too nervous to even yell at him about it. An hour later and they are ready to go and for the first time that day, a little sliver of dread makes its way into Jongin’s blood and fills him with jittery nerves.

“Dude, calm down. You’re practically shaking” Sehun comments as he weaves through the aisles of the convenience store, picking up snacks and booze along the way.

“Sorry, it’s just. What if last time he was really drunk and he doesn’t even like me? Or he doesn’t remember me? Or what if I do something completely stupid?” he begins to ramble but is cut off by something cold and hard pressing into his chest.

“Here, drink up. It will help you relax. Besides, he’s just a guy Jongin, like you and me. If this doesn’t work out how you want it to, there will be other people. He will remember you though, Baekhyun told me that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were looking forward to seeing us both again, so that’s something. With that, Sehun purchases the alcohol and snacks – including the beer that Jongin is hastily sipping – with Jongin’s credit card and smirks to himself when his friend is too worked up to even notice. He will get it in the neck later when Jongin’s statement arrives though, but for now, he is counting it as his compensation for the last four Kyungsoo filled months. With Jongin seeing the older boy again tonight, it’s possible he might be in for another few months worth, and he debates whether to buy more stuff as future insurance. The cashier looks about ready to strangle him though for taking so long to decide and he ultimately gives up and leaves it at that for now.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Kyungsoo would love to tell you about the thumping base and loud chatter of voices. The body heat mingling together to create a warm haze of alcohol induced dancing and debauchery, but he can’t. Why, you ask? Well, the current number of people present is five. Yep, himself included. There is Baekhyun sitting on the sofa looking upset, whilst Yixing, Chanyeol and Yuri sit in the low windowsill. The latter t

Please log in to read the full chapter