Dinner with the Devil

All For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30

Because of the damn dress code, I had to wear a damn dress to the damn dinner my damn 'father' was making me attend with his damn gold digging fiancée. I guess by now you can tell that my mood totally flipped from earlier. Maybe I can secretly text Mark under the table. I can already feel how tense, awkward and weird it's going to be with just the three of us.

I made sure this time to charge my battery so that my phone wouldn't die in the car, causing me to be in an awkward situation with my father I didn't want. Half-way to the restaurant he suddenly pulled out my headphones, and if you're someone who always listen to music you know it's something someone can do to piss you off in 0.000000001 seconds. He also took my phone along with it and placed it in his side door pocket.

"What the hell?!" I demanded, looking at him with the face of fire.

"Watch your tone with me," he sternly replied.

"Well why the hell did you take my phone?!"

"I want to have an actual dinner with no distractions. You should try to get along with Eunhee," he stated and I huffed loudly.

"No way in hell is that going to happen."

"Is that your desired destination?" He questioned and I looked at him confused and pissed. "Hell. You keep using the word a lot."

"Well when you're experiencing it you tend to use the word a lot," I retorted, referring to my current state.

"That little attitude better be fixed by the time we reach," he told me and I scoffed.

"Don't count on it," I muttered coldly.

"I'm serious Sariah," he said and so was his tone.

"So am I," I raised a brow at him.

Glancing at myself in the mirror before we exited the car, I began pondering deeper.

My face was well-done with make-up but all I could see was fake. It made me think that he liked fake things. He has a fake fiancée. He's basically teaching me to be fake by telling me to be someone I not. Then again, he's fake himself so it all makes sense.

"Why aren't you smiling?" He asked, about to open the door for me but I did it myself, entering the lavishly decorated building.

"There's no reason to smile," I deadpanned.

"Look, just be the polite, mannerly girl you grew up to be."

I gave a sardonic laugh.

"I would say that clearly you don't know me and I'm right because after all, you weren't there for how many years of my life to know or grow me," I spat.

That shut him up as we walked to the table.

We were guided to where two individuals sat; one familiar while the other wasn't.

After he kissed her and I mentally puked, she turned to me with that phony curve of the lips.

"Sariah darling, it's nice to see you again," she hugged me and I didn't even had the courtesy to return the embrace, waiting until she let me go.

"I'd like you to meet my long-distant nephew, Lee Sungyeol," she introduced me to a tall-ish guy with hair, chestnut much like mine was.

Clad in a navy blue shirt and black pants he was as I observed him. He extended his hand which I reluctantly took and he then pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"Such a gentleman," my dad commented with a warm smile towards her nephew.

I didn't want to be too quick to judge him based on her wrongdoings so I acted kindly towards him.

Dinner I was mostly quiet but Sungyeol tried to make conversation with me to which I responded.

He seemed like a nice guy, but I'm not going to let my guard down for him just yet. For some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter