Chapter 4

Night Blossoms

“Let’s go on a date.”

Taeyeon froze. She had been in the middle of hanging up Tiffany’s clothes in the wardrobe when Tiffany called out to her. After what had happened in the library, they hadn’t talked about their relationship at all. Taeyeon had been both relieved and disappointed. She was glad that she hadn’t lost her job, but if she was being honest with herself, she quite enjoyed having Tiffany so close. She would be lying if she said that she didn’t want to kiss her again. Of course, now Taeyeon was her lady’s maid, and the touches and glances continued, but Tiffany made no other move. So she was surprised by Tiffany’s suggestion.

“Taeyeon? Let’s go out for a little bit,” Tiffany spoke again.

Taeyeon still didn’t answer. Sighing, Tiffany got up from where she was sitting and walked up to the other girl. She took the dress out of her hands and made her face her.

“Okay, maybe not a date,” she huffed, “Let’s just get out of here for a little while, just to talk.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon agreed hesitantly.

“Tomorrow after lunch then?” Tiffany smiled.

Taeyeon nodded.

 

Ever since the Hwangs had assigned her to be Tiffany’s maid, she had switched rooms. Sooyoung helped her move some of her things into a smaller, one-bed room across the hall from Tiffany’s.

“I still don’t understand why Miss Tiffany wanted you to become her maid.”

“Neither do I,” Taeyeon shrugged, “Especially since my duties aren’t changing much.”

It was true. She still dusted the books in the library and prepared meals with the girls. Although now she only cleaned Tiffany’s room. Because Tiffany wasn’t demanding, she insisted that Taeyeon keep to her schedule, but to remember that she was her priority.

Taeyeon wasn’t completely sure how she felt about the arrangement. She was happy that she could still spend time with the girls, who were quickly becoming family, but why had Tiffany pulled her away if she wasn’t even going to be a proper lady’s maid? She couldn’t complain too much though, because she quite enjoyed being closer to Tiffany.

She still felt shy whenever they locked eyes, but she could feel her confidence growing. She still couldn’t quite control her flushing face whenever she had to help the other change.

Taeyeon would hungrily take in the smooth expanse of her skin as she helped Tiffany slip into her outfit. She wanted nothing more than to kiss the bare exposed skin. She longed to map out her curves with her fingers. She imagined herself pushing the other girl up against the wall and capturing her lips in a heated kiss. But once she caught Tiffany’s gaze, she would become shy, and embarrassed to be thinking that way.

It was strange. Usually she was quite confident with other girls, but around Tiffany she turned timid. Then again, she had never felt as strongly for anyone else.

 

The next afternoon, Tiffany called her up to her room.

“Ready to go?”

Tiffany was dressed simply. She didn’t wasn’t to draw attention.

“Let’s go,” she smiled.

They head outside and down the stone path. They walked side by side and in silence towards the town. Taeyeon was nervous. She had an idea of what Tiffany wanted to talk about and she was feeling scared.

“So, where do you want to go, miss?” Taeyeon finally asked as they reached the first shops.

“Somewhere private?”

“There’s a park over there,” she pointed in the general direction.

Tiffany moved closer and brushed her fingers against Taeyeon’s. The latter quickly pulled her hand away.

“What are you doing? What if someone sees us?” she hissed.

Tiffany just laughed. Once they got to the park, she collapsed onto the grass. She saw that Taeyeon wasn’t sitting so she grabbed her hand and pulled her down next to her.

The spot that she chose was secluded. Tress hid them from the few people roaming around.

“I wanted to talk to you. About what happened the other day,” Tiffany got straight to the point.

Taeyeon blushed as she recalled the events of that day.

“I wasn’t lying when I said I liked you,” Tiffany spoke again, “You captivated me from the moment I saw you. I still regret not meeting you earlier when I had the chance.”

“Why me?” Taeyeon asked, “I’m so ordinary.”

“Not to me,” she shook her head, “I think you’re beautiful and caring-”

“How would you know?”

“I’ve been observing you,” she admitted, “I’ve seen the way you are.”

“That doesn’t mean you really know me,” Taeyeon pointed out.

“But I’d like to,” Tiffany leaned closer,” Could you give me a chance?”

“What will people think?”

“I already told you once. I don’t care what society dictates. I refuse to hide who I am because of what people think is acceptable. I can’t be scared of judgement or else it will control my life.”

“Now tell me, truthfully, how you feel.”

“Honestly, I really enjoyed what happened,” Taeyeon confessed, “And I’m not going to deny that I do have feelings for you. But this job… it’s everything to me right now. I don’t want to lose it.”

“Well,” Tiffany propped herself up, “Let’s say you didn’t have this job. Would you be willing to love me?”

“In a heartbeat,” Taeyeon finally looked up and met her eyes, feeling brave, “I’m only scared because I don’t want to lose this. With other girls, I wasn’t worried, because I knew there was no danger. But now, there are things at stake. I don’t want to tarnish your family’s name either.”

“That won’t happen.”

Taeyeon wasn’t convinced.

“I’m good at keeping secrets. And I have a feeling you are too. Give it a chance. Please? I know you want this too.”

Taeyeon looked at her. She knew that it would be impossible to refuse.

“Okay.”