MOONLIGHT

Reality (TwinklingStarlight)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bright and round moon shines the night, along with the twinkling stars beside it, cold wind slowly caressing the night. It is a peaceful night, to go out with friends, to go on a date, to watch a movie, to strolling hand by hand with lovers, it is a good night.

Taekwoon is just an ordinary human, a man who has a house by himself, a work that enough to feed himself, but strangely, he can see souls. It starts after he woke up from coma 10 years ago. His parents said that he have been in coma for years after involving into a bus accident with his school’s friends.

It was crazy at the first time, seeing something that everyone else cannot see. He thought he was going crazy. The struggles he need to face alone, nobody knew how it feels. But after years and years seeing something familiar, it becomes a part of his life. Helping the souls, I mean. It’s either a dead soul that come to him, or a living one—which mean the body is somewhere else, not found or in coma.

Various types of souls had come to him, asking for help; to send a last wish, to send a last regret, to send a last confess, to send a last goodbye, everything are last.

Taekwoon tries to ignore them, it hard though. They are everywhere. In the bin, inside the elevator, beside the bus stop, across the road, on the bus, and behind Jaehwan that currently sitting in front of him. Babbling endlessly about Wonsik’s sleep behavior.

“—it was only 5 minutes the movie was playing and he already asleep! Plus snoring oh so loudly, I swear if there’s a medicine to cure his sleep behavior I will buy regardless how much it cost!”

Please, help me.

Taekwoon looks outside the window, only to be seeing a soul outside the café staring at him. He groans.

“Are you even listening to me?!”

“I don’t think Wonsik will get up even if there’s a bomb explode beside him.”  

“That’s what I’m saying right now!”

“Look Jaehwan, I don’t think there a cure to fix your boyfriend’s problem. Why don’t you just accept him the way he is.”

“You have been saying that wherever I bring up this for the past 2 years Taekwoon!” Jaehwan says, sipping his mocha.

“I’m sorry, but I need to go.” Taekwoon gathers his belonging and stand up from his seat.  

“Yeah yeah, sure.”

“There’s a soul behind you.” Jaehwan immediately froze in his seat. Taekwoon need to hold up his chuckle from coming out from his mouth, because Jaehwan is sipping his mocha and abruptly stop his action with the straw is still inside his mouth. He didn’t even gulp down the water.

“It just walks through you.” Taekwoon says. Jaehwan finally gulp down the mocha in his mouth. Taekwoon chuckles.

“Just kidding.”

“Ya! I thought I was going to die. Gosh Taekwoon, how many times do I have to tell you not to tell me such an information?!” Taekwoon shrugs off and walks out from the café, leaving Jaehwan behind who looks around him. Well, it’s true that the soul walk through him, Taekwoon thought.

Jaehwan knew, because Jaehwan once ask for Taekwoon’s help. Yes, Jaehwan once becomes a wondering and lost soul. He was in his college trip, going to the woods. He lost track of his friends, and faint in the woods. Taekwoon was just searching a place without a soul, and woods seem like have no souls. But apparently, Jaehwan was there. After telling Taekwoon where his body was, Jaehwan’s soul come back into his body.

They become friends after that, Jaehwan is the only one that knew and understands him. Although not fully understand, but Taekwoon glad Jaehwan was there in his hard times. Jaehwan even help him to search for lost body sometimes, when he was brave enough, which is really rare.

 

 

~*~

Taekwoon bow at the man in front of him. He then turn around and walks towards his car.

Thank you.

Taekwoon looks beside him, he see a woman with a short hair, pale face, smiling sadly at him. He only nods, and the soul disappears into the thin wind. Taekwoon sighs. He gets in into his car, and drive back home. Taekwoon tries to ignore all the souls in his way back, and once he step inside his house, all the voices of begging for help immediately disappear. Taekwoon sigh tiredly. Only his house is free from the souls.

Hearing voices and seeing something that everyone else cannot see, is really hard.

 

~*~

Taekwoon wears his pajamas after a long shower; he dries up his hair using the towel as he walks into his kitchen, making his favorite coffee. He then walks to his corridor in his room, bringing the mug of coffee with him. Cold wind slowly caressing his cheeks and hair, Taekwoon sigh softly.

“Hello, Taekwoon.”

Taekwoon looks beside him, and once he see the soul beside him smiling at him, he smile back. There’s only one soul that allow being inside his house; Cha Hakyeon’s soul.

Taekwoon didn’t know Hakyeon, they never meet before, I mean, meet in a body-body meet. Not body and soul meet. Hakyeon was here when Taekwoon moved into this house 4 years ago. Apparently, Hakyeon was the previous owner of the house.

Hakyeon isn’t dead. And for the first time, Taekwoon glad the soul that he met didn’t dead.

Hakyeon is in coma for 5 years till now. He didn’t wake up. No, he didn’t want to wake up. Because he wants to be with Taekwoon.

“Hello, Hakyeon.” Taekwoon says, he places his mug on the small table beside him.

“Another tiring day?”

“Yeah, a dead woman asks me to bring her secret box that she buried in the park near her house to his husband. It’s hard to search for the box though, because she didn’t quite remember which tree she buried the box under.”

“Ohh, it must be hard for you.” Hakyeon says. Taekwoon only smile at him. Hakyeon shift his gaze to look up at the moon, “Its full moon tonight.” He says.

Taekwoon looks up, “It’s officially had being six years.” Hakyeon continue. It had been six years since Hakyeon had been in coma.

Taekwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter