OO3

The Alluring & The Facade
CHAPTER OO3
 
FIRST ENCOUNTER
 

"Why oh why did you bring me here, Hye unnie? Can we go home? As in right now?" A woman whined to Hye.

"No. We just got here, Nicole. Can't you at least pretend that you are happy to go shopping with me?" Hye replied, pouting, which earned a disgusted look from the girl she called Nicole.

"But I don't want to go out. You should have just brought the others like what you always do." Nicole frowned.

"Aww, is our baby Nicole jeawous? You know that i love you all equally." Hye said in a baby voice, slinging her arm over Nicole's waist.

"I'm not jealous, unnie. It was ---" Nicole was cut off by the ringing of Hye's cellphone.

"Hold on. It's Jihoon. Go ahead of me and text me your whereabouts." Hye said before turning her back on Nicole and answering the call.

Nicole walked slowly away from her, thinking a lot of things. Today is her mother's death anniversary. She never liked going out in the first place. Especially on her mother's death anniversary. She believes that every year on her mother's death anniversary, it would be her unluckiest day of the whole year. Thus, she would always stay at home or at the company to avoid any unneeded accidents.

Turning on a corner without looking where she was going wasn't the best idea. And this is how her unluckiest day started.

She collided with a man who is holding a cup of caramel macchiato.

The bump made the drink spill on her.

Frustrated, Nicole stared down at her once white blouse and now has a brown stain.

She was expecting an apology from the other party but the guy just walked away without looking back.

She quickly grabbed the man by the arm and walked in front of him.

"Is this how you should act when you spilled your drink on someone?" she asked as she gritted her teeth.

It reminded her that she is now in public. She had her image to take care of.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The man said coldly, pulling his arm from her grasp and was about to walk away again.

"Look mister, if you're not sincere in your apology, why give so?" Nicole snarled.

"Well, I didn't intend to apologize. In fact, I want you to buy me another one, it was you who absent mindedly bumped into me without looking ahead," he said. 

Shocked by his statement, Nicole couldn't give in anymore and she was about to explode.

What can she do? Just seeing a man irritates her so much.

"Woah, woah, woah! What is happening here?" Hye pulled Nicole away from the man, looking back and forth at the two.

"He spilled his drink on me and didn't even say sorry and when he finally said it, it was like he's the one who I should say sorry to." Nicole glared at the man who was looking at his watch.

"Are we done here? I still have some important things to do than listen to you yap about a stupid shirt." The man shot back at her before walking away from Nicole fully.

"Come on, Nicole. Don't waste your time on him. Let's buy you a new shirt." Hye said, patting her back lightly and pulling her to the nearest clothing store.

She then got a one piece dress that shows her slender and long legs that is totally a headturner.

"Nicole, there's a customer at the company, we are summoned" Hye told her and both went back to the company

                   
                   ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


A good looking man stepped into the building of the company

"I am here for a 11 appointment" he said

"Please take the lift to the 2nd floor, thank you" the receptionist said

"Mr Hong, nice to meet you, my name is MinKyo" he introduced

"This is where the girls’ profiles are compiled for you to check the girl of your liking. Their basic information such as name, age, height and personality traits are written just below their pictures." he explained, patting the folder on top of the desk.

The customer took it and browsed through the pages of the neatly stacked paper.

"Can I see them in person? I mean, if they are here in the building right now." he asked.

"Sure, no problem." he replied

Minkyo pressed something on the wall and spoke. "Single girls, please proceed to the show room. Thank you."

"Please follow me." MinKyo told the man, and he lead the way to the said room.

They walked towards the room beside Jihoon’s office.

Different girls are coming inside the room, some are chatting excitedly and some are just sitting quietly on the chairs sprawled around. And that includes Nicole.

'Another desperate fellow' she badmouthed while taking a seat at the most corner of the room.

"I apologize for being late, my name is HyeKyo, but you can call me Hye" Hye introduced herself to Mr Hong

"Marcus, nice to meet you"

"There they are. We have a total of fifty girls but there are already taken ones while the others are probably out shopping or working." she explained.

"Take your time to choose whoever suits your taste."

"Too yellow," the man called Mr. Hong pointed at the girl who has yellow hair, yellow eyeshadow, yellow clothes, yellow nail polish – everything about her screams yellow!

"Are you a rainbow or a Christmas tree?" he asked the other girl who has a colorful outfit and has things pinned on her hair and clothes.

Hye made a face as Mr. Hong pointed at girls who are too much for him. Too much makeup, too much smile, too much perfume – which he can smell from a mile away, according to him.

Suddenly, someone caught his attention at the most corner of the room.

'The person earlier' he thought and smirked

"You. Chinky eyes and pale skin. You’re my girlfriend now." he pointed at the girl sitting prettily at the corner.

"You guys suit each other very well," Hye nodded approvingly.

"Nicole is now taken. Let’s go back to my office so Mr. Hong can sign the papers."

"Oh, look, the macchiato ." Nicole smiled forcefully at the man through gritted teeth, giving him a sullen glare before following Hye out the door.  

Author's Note
 

a short chapter for their first encounter! this chapter is partially taken from the original applyfic :) i thought it would be appropriate to take the opening of their encounter! leave your thoughts down the comment box below! would love to hear from you guys! really appreciate each and every reader here! thank you <3