Fourteen

Re-writing Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

14 years old.

 

Needless to say, my eating disorder got worse. But then it got better. And then it got worse again. It was up to the point where I had to sit out of dance because I was growing so weak. I couldn’t do the one thing I loved. 

 

“Youngji, you used to be my star student. Now you’re far behind, what happened? Do you want to share it with me? I may be of help.” My dance instructor asked. She looked at me worriedly. I stared into the mirror behind her and looked at myself. My hair was thin and dishevelled, my eyes were sunken in, my under eyes popped with a little blue and purple. My cheeks were sunken in, my lips were no longer the healthy red colour and I looked like I could be broken with just a kick or a squeeze. 

 

I was ugly.

 

Shocked, I shook my head and my instructor left with a sigh. Why hadn’t I noticed it until now? Is this why Sehun doesn’t like hanging out with me? I took my bags and brisk walked back home, my heart thumping erratically and perspiration trailing down my neck.

 

Without so much of a greeting, I left sprinting for my room and locked the door. I dumped my bags on the floor and locked myself in the bathroom.

 

I cried.

 

Tears streamed down my face in streams. My skin was so pale and translucent. My body was so skinny and frail. Why? I don’t remember how long I had cried for in the bathroom but I remembered what I did after I calmed down. I searched for sharps, anything sharp that could end my suffering.

 

Why did I allow everyone to change me into something like that?

 

I pulled out the blade from my pencil sharpener and with shaking hands, I dragged it across my wrist. The skin tore and red flowed out. I flinched.

 

What was I doing?

 

I threw my blade onto the ground and scrambled away from it. I held onto my head and tugged on my hair roots. I flailed around, trying to grab onto something. Part of that something was probably my sanity.

 

- - -

 

It continued on after that day. It continued for a month. And another month. And another month. And my thighs and wrists were littered with scars. Every time I looked at them, I would feel guilt, regret, sorrow, pain. Every single time. But I continued with it anyway. I didn’t know why.

 

“Youngji!” My heart missed a beat as I turned around and was enveloped in a warm, tight hug. His laughter rang in my ears and his scent was so strong, I almost collapsed. He smelled so good; a mix of apples and wood. While I on the other hand looked and probably smelled disgusting. Why did he want to hug me?

 

I pulled out of his hug and he looked at me in surprise. Hurt laced his eyes and he pursed hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter