Thirteen

Re-writing Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirteen years old.

 

I was fresh and out of elementary school. I joined a new school, a co-ed one and that was where I went to with my best friend, Oh Sehun. We were practically glued at the hip and wherever he was, I was too. He was my only friend, the only friend I could trust, the only friend who knew me more than my own family did, the only friend I actually trust. He had a face of stone and a heart of warm gooey lava. He was my pillar of support and I knew I was his too. We both had family problems, something that we could both relate to very well. 

 

It could’ve been perfect, we could’ve been perfect if he had just liked me back. I knew the feelings I felt for him was different from what I would feel with just a normal friend. I knew the feelings I felt for him was something deeper, something more meaningful. I knew that my feelings for him won’t be reciprocated. But I continued on anyway.

 

I didn’t know if he had liked me back then but I knew he had gotten some friends -something I didn’t quite achieve. What I didn’t know was that they weren’t exactly that great of an influence. Drunk in infatuation, I asked him out.

 

“Oh Sehun,” He looked at me, his friends staring at me. “d- do you want t- to go out w- with me?” I couldn’t have been more awkward and obvious. My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment when his friends started to chuckle at me. Sehun’s face turned red and his eyes were filled with panic. With a kick to the back of his knee from one of his friends, then a soft snicker, he agreed.

 

 - - -

 

After that one date, Sehun had asked me to go out with him, in the name of his girlfriend. Giddy with excitement, I agreed, hugging him as a form of affection. Did he like me back? At that time, that was all I cared about.

 

My life soon revolved just around Sehun. Everyday, I would pack an extra lunch just for him because he had once complained about the horrible school food. I would wait for him to finish soccer practice then walk home with him. I would go over to his house during the weekend and stay in his room whenever his parents weren’t home. 

 

I was falling in love with Sehun more than he was with me and I didn’t realise. 

 

On the other hand, Sehun hadn’t thanked me for his lunches, waited for my dance sessions to end, asked me out on dates -it was usually me- and he seemed to never really pay close attention to me. 

 

I was putting more into the relationship than he was and I didn’t know.

 

- - -

 

I was at a dance practice, stretching and warming up with the other members and Sehun suddenly appeared at the door, waiting for me to go over. I excused myself from the team and bounced over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter