chapter 4;

Love Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

if you want, listen to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXuUev5crg !

(i hope it's not blocked yet ;u;)

 

Hyejin’s POV

 

It was the day of the annual work dinner which I enjoy going to every year. This year was different. Instead of having it on the bottom floor of the building, everyone decided to go book out a whole restaurant for the company to be able to talk the other co-workers from the other floors- not like I haven’t met them before. It was just a nice feeling to meet everyone again, since it had been a while. It was also a good thing since I wanted to wear a semi-formal dress that I recently purchased online.

 

I stare at the mirror and eye the outfit I had on. With my hair in loose curls and a bit of makeup to bring out my eyes, I nod to myself and grin at the mirror. I looked decent enough to finally leave my house and get going. I stare at my watch. It read 7:09 pm. The dinner officially started at 7 pm but I never liked going early because no one I knew was ever early. I step outside the house and lock the door. The only thing I was bringing with me was a thick warm coat as well as a plain black clutch which included my phone and some other essentials I needed just in case anything happened. I get in my car and drive to the destination.

 


 

I arrive at around 7:30 pm. I spot a few of my friends as soon as I get inside, breathing out a sigh of relief. I quickly walk to where they were seated, greeting a few people along the way. It was probably the first time I saw my co-workers dressed up more proper.

 

“Guys!” I squeal when get to the table. I gape at how beautifully my friends dressed up for today. I look down at my own outfit and start to regret not picking an outfit that was more elegant and classy. “You look beautiful today Hyejin! I feel like I’m too dressed up today.” Jungyeon says as if she was reassuring me. She probably noticed my expression after I saw them.

 

“So do I. I should’ve just worn my white dress! Red is too bold!”

 

“Same here. Hyejin! We should’ve gotten ready with you!”

 

My heart swarms with warmth and love. This is why I love my friends. They were always caring about anything and everything about everyone in our little group of friends. “You guys are as beautiful as always.” I reply with a soft smile. They all giggle at my answer. I can’t help but let out a small laugh. That was pretty cheesy of me. Before I take a seat, I glance around to see if I needed to greet anyone else I knew when my eyes land on one familiar person. My eyes widen and I gasp. I didn’t know he was going to be here! I quickly set my items on the table. I face my friends with a big smile on my face. “I’ll be back!” They look up at me with confusion and nod slowly.

 

I hastily walk towards him, accidentally bumping into people along the way. “Sorry! ….sorry. Excuse me!” I finally reach him and I call him out. “Song Mino! Hey!” He hears me and whips his head to my direction. I squeal with joy. It was actually him! I haven’t seen him in so many years. “Mino! I can’t believe you’re here! I missed you so much!” I pout and throw my arms around his neck. He laughs and hugs me back. “Sorry!”

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were here?!” I pull back and hit him on the chest softly. “I haven’t seen you in so long.” He ruffles my hair which causes me to push his arm out of the way. “I just got back today. I wanted to surprise you!”

 

“You should’ve told me. You know I don’t like surprises.”

 

“That’s true. Okay, it’s my fault.” We both glare at each other playfully until we start laughing a couple of seconds later. “I’m so glad you’re here now.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Don’t ever leave again, okay?” I grin. I’m so glad my cousin is back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter