Changes

The red balloon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yunho? You have to let me go, I have to go to work, and so do you.”

“No, we should just stay in bed all day, I think,” he replied and kissed Jaejoong’s neck.

“As much as I like that idea, we can’t. Your parents are leaving today, so we should at least have breakfast with them before they leave.”

“Mhm, fine, fine.”

The days Yunho’s parents had spent with them had been nothing but amazing. His mother had so many great ideas for their wedding, and they didn’t know why they hadn’t enlisted her help earlier. They had given their friends and family free rein when it came to wedding decision, and for now at least, they didn’t regret it.

“My beautiful boys, come see us when you have the time, okay?”

Yunho nodded and kissed his mother on the cheek. He gave his father a warm hug and with that, they left.

“I still think your parents live too far away. Are you sure they won’t consider moving closer? Maybe they should move in with us someday?”

“Positive. They like the peace and quiet. Don’t really think they’ll get that here,” Yunho teased.

“Yah, I can be quiet, too.”

“Sure you can, gorgeous, sure you can.”

Jaejoong left for work feeling incredibly giddy for some reason. For the first time in his life, he enjoyed being alive. He often thought about how lucky he was to have found Yunho, and God only knows where he’d be without him. His colleagues pointed out how often he gushed about his fiancée and their perfect life, but he couldn’t help it.

He changed into his work clothes and went to the reception to help out some customers. One of his colleagues, Jessica, walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder after the customers went back to their rooms. “Boss wants to talk to you. She’s not in a good mood, so tread lightly.”

He sighed and nodded. Their boss was a witch of a woman. She’d taken over the hotel after the original owner had gotten sick and was no longer fit to run the business. He could no longer smell a promotion in his near future, but at least he was good as his job and he didn’t really see her that much. However, the main reason he didn’t like her, was because she had a soft spot for Yunho. It always sent him into a blind rage whenever someone hit on his fiancée.

He whispered a silent prayer and knocked on her door. He heard a stern “come in” and slowly pushed the door open.

“Uhm… you wanted to see me?”

“Yes. Please close the door and sit down.”

He did as he was told and he couldn’t help but to feel incredibly uncomfortable when she just stared at him. She pushed her glasses back in place and cleared . “As you know, we’re a little bit short on staff right now, so I need you to work Wednesday and Saturday nights as well.”

Wednesday and Saturday nights were the only nights Yunho wasn’t on-call, and he wondered if she somehow knew that.

“What? No, I can’t do that, I’m sorry.”

“Well, if you don’t, I’ll have no choice but to fire you.”

He definitely didn’t want to lose his job, he wanted to be able to save up money for their wedding and not have Yunho pay for everything.

“Fine.”

Before he left, she looked at him and asked, “How is Yunho?”

“Still gay, engaged and loving my ,” he screamed internally. He suppressed his urge to curse her out and instead said, “he’s fine.”

He left her office and went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter