Sweet nothings

The red balloon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So when are you actually getting married? You’ve been engaged for 2 years now, and I can tell Jaejoong is getting impatient.”

Yunho smiled when he thought about the many discussions they’d had about their wedding. The color scheme, venue, the date, no matter what it was, they just couldn’t agree. He knew he would have to give into the younger man’s demands sooner or later. The thought of calling Jaejoong his husband made his entire body tingle with excitement.

He held up his hand and gazed at the ring on his finger. It had a beautiful shine to it, reflecting the sunlight that was forcing its way through the white clouds. Jaejoong had insisted they both get engagement rings, and who was he to say no?

“As much as I like seeing you happy, Yunho, you are actually here to help me paint the house, so get moving,” Junsu said with a stern look on his face. Well, it was an attempt anyway.

“Why isn’t Yoochun helping you again? It’s his house too after all.”

“He says the smell of pain makes him sick. To be honest, it’s a hassle getting him to do anything like this, so I figured I’d just ask you instead.”

“Hm, you need to be stricter with him, you know.” Yunho said and picked up a paintbrush before he got to work

“Hah, you’re the one to talk. You do anything Jaejoong tells you to. I’ve never once witnessed you winning an argument with him.”

“Whatever. Anyway, back to your question, I don’t know when we’re getting married. It just sort of got postponed when we went house hunting and then Jaejoong got a new job, so we just haven’t had the time to plan anything seriously.”

Junsu paused for a second and turned to look at his colleague, “are you inviting his father?”

“That’s not up to me.”

“I guess not. Hey, are you working the night shift tonight? If you do, tell Changmin to bring back that book be borrowed.”

“Didn’t know he could read, but sure, I’ll tell him. By the way… have you noticed a change in him these past few weeks? He seems.. I don’t know, happier? I think he’s dating someone.”

“Thank you! I’ve been telling Yoochun the same thing, but he just dismisses it. I think we need to do some detective work.”

A few hours later they called it a day and Yunho went home. He was greeted by a drooling Vick as he entered the house. “Hey, boy. What are you doing here?” he said with a smile, ruffling the dogs fur with both hands.

“So what kind of theme do you want?”

Yunho stopped petting Vick when he heard what was unmistakably Changmin’s voice coming from the kitchen

“I’m not sure, but I want it to look classy, you know?”

Vick let out a loud bark, and it startled Yunho a little, leading him to let out a small yelp.

“Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, walking out of the kitchen to greet his fiancé. Vick sat down next to his feet, wagging his tail excitedly.

“What is Vick doing here? I was supposed to pick him up next weekend,” he said, inching closer to Jaejoong. He pulled the blon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter