I'm going to school in a different dimension.

Waltz of Fire and Snow

I'M GOING TO SCHOOL IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION

 

 

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" A loud giraffe with monkey ears that's called my brother was shouting loudly.
 

"IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. AREN'T YOU EXCITED?!" He spoke in a way that would be heard by the whole neighbourhood.


I jolted up immediately; my ears couldn't handle it anymore. I glared at him and just snapped. "CHANYEOL! I'M NOT FREAKING DEAF!" I screamed at him and instantly,
he shut up with his head bowed down and a pout on his lips. Wait, who was older again?


"It's cause you didn't get up after I tapped you a few times..." He looked sincerely sorry and I felt like a monster for screaming at him. 


I reached him for a hug and whispered a sorry and a thank you as well, for attempting to wake me up. I knew it was difficult to make me get up. The last time someone tried, I blasted fireballs at the poor soul.


"Hwa jae-ah~ It's all good!" Chanyeol-oppa beamed at me and tried to cheer me up. "Now go get ready for breakfast. Arasseo?"


"Yes, oppa!" I gestured a salute and marched to the bathroom. I heard a door slam outside, guess he also went to get dressed.


I quickly fixed myself up and was pleased at the sight of the mirror. Not sounding conceited but I fairly looked good in uniforms. I absolutely adored uniforms; sleek,  neat and a symbol of equality for pupils. I descend from the stairs and I find my family gathered at the dining table, except for mom because she was cooking. I greeted them happily and head to my seat which is right next to oppa's.
 

"Aiya~ Here you go, honey." Mom placed a plate of bacon and eggs. I started eating and noticed that eyes were staring at me.
 

"You're going to attend a boarding school now and you still eat like a pig?" My older sister exclaimed while giggling. Unfortunately, she didn't have powers like me and my brother. My father knew the consequences when he married a non-supernatural but was devastated to find out his first born didn't inherit his abilities.
 

With the coming of Chanyeol-oppa, the second oldest, they were ecstatic to see if he would have fire powers. And he did; he showed signs of his abilities at around the age of 6. That didn't result to envy or anything; in fact, Yoora-unnie loved him because at last he'd have a sibling to take care of. Mutual feelings were felt by Chanyeol-oppa at the news that I'd be coming along. He is and always will be my childish but protective older brother. Maybe a little overprotective at some times.
 

"Eeeeyyyy~ I'm gonna burn their bodies to the ground if they insulted me," I said cutely, opposite from the brutal words I just said, which earned a pat to my head from Papa.
 

"That's my girl!" Papa chuckled softly and continued to read his newspaper. He then received a smack on the head, messing up his glasses. 
 

"You shouldn't encourage violence to the children!" Mom said furiously. She rolled her eyes as father began apologizing.
 

"Besides, I have Chanyeol-oppa to defend me!" I said with much enthusiasm.
 

"Right!" Chanyeol raised his head from his eating stance and agreed. Food came flying out of his mouth as soon as he spoke.


"YAH! Chew your food first!" Yoora-unnie scolded him. Everyone was laughing at this point.

 

'I'm gonna miss moments like these. But hey, there's still the holidays, right?' I thought.

 

Mother then took notice of the time.

"It's getting late. Get your bags and your father will prepare the car," Mom ordered and all of us sprung into action. I said my last goodbye to unnie and went straight to the car. I don't need to carry my bags since that'll be 'ungentlemanly' on Chanyeol's part. I don't even know if that's a real word but whatever! Whatever floats on my  brother's boat, as long as I benefit from it.
 

The car ride there would be a long one so, I decided to catch some winks since my brother woke me oh-so-gently. I tuned out of my mother and father's bickering about the directions, and just rested on my brother's lap. He owes me one.

 


 

The cold enveloped me and I was shivering. I absolutely hated winter but now it has come again. Wait, that's weird. Summer just ended, how can it be so cold already? I took notice of my surroundings and I was in an unfamiliar place. In fact, I was in the middle of nowhere. No structures, no roads, no people, no anything! It was just  me in the middle of nothingness feeling the icy breeze that was similar to winter.
 

I started walking and I find a man who was making the place reach low temperature beyond belief. I couldn't see him though because his back was facing me. So, I went to put an end to this nonsense but he suddenly said my name.


"HwaJae!" Somehow, it was too deep to become his voice as he had a small stature.


"Hwa Jae!" Again, that was the voice from earlier. I think I know who this voice belongs to.


I open my eyes and I find my brother repeating my name. On the plus side, this time he wasn't shouting it. So, who was the man in my dreams? I shrugged the thought off and went out of the vehicle. Whilst gazing at the scenery, I found myself gaping. 

I didn't really care much for this school. As long as I could learn the extent of my powers and how to control them. Believe me when I say I'm super awkward at making friends; I'm just really glad that oppa is here to be my friend.
 

"Waaaahhh~ This place never gets old." Chanyeol-oppa said as he was pulling out the last luggage to the ground. I didn't know if it was a pun or not but this place looked really ancient to me.
 

It's got that vintage feel to it, though with a slight hint of elegance. To put it simply, it looks like a worn down castle. It's humongous to the point that it probably consumed 75 hectares.
 

"Where are we?" I suddenly asked since this place was really strange and unfamiliar. I tried looking it up once but it didn't appear on google maps.
 

"Oh! We're in a different dimension." My dad said it like it was the most casual thing in the world.
 

"WHAT?!" I was shocked upon hearing this. No one had informed me and that could've been useful information.
 

"But don't worry. The time here isn't any different from ours." Dad smiled and said something about getting killed if she doesn't buy pasta for mom's restaurant. After telling us to take care and kissing our foreheads, he was on his way back.
 

"Sooo... What now?" I absolutely had no idea of what to do. Are we like sorted here or something cause I sure as hell don't know.
 

"Let's go to the Narthex! Everyone including Headmistress Molvido will explain everything to you fledglings." My brother cooed, excited that I'd be a new student. Thinks he's all senior even though he's just a sophomore but I don't mind.
 

His playful smile suddenly turned into a pout and said, "We'll have to go separately though. You'd have to sit at a neutral table first, then be called to showcase your power to prove which house you're in. After every pupil's done, the headmistress will explain the castle rules and house categories. Finally, you'll get to sit with your housemates."
 

It's taking quite a while to process this information and when I came back to my senses I was already seated among the first years. I didn't really know anyone yet so, I remained silent. I scanned the other tables and saw my brother waving at me and giving me a thumbs up.
 

"Ehem. Ehem." Someone has falsely coughed to the microphone on the podium up front. "To the new comers, I bid you a warm welcome. And to the others, I welcome you back."
 

Loud cheers erupted from everywhere and I'm guessing she's the headmistress. She was pretty old-looking to me. Rumour has it that she's a human  that's been trusted to this duty because of her fair and reasonable decisions.
 

"Today is a yet again tremendous day as we welcome the new people we'll be having. Before anything else, I would like to introduce to everyone your professors this year."
 

Middle-aged people started lining up in a way that showed what they'll be teaching. One guy flew, some created a path with theirs while others simply had their abilities at the palm of their hands shaped like an orb. It was a total sight to behold.
 

"Thomas, Priscilla, Katarina, Froiland, William, Lysieux, Tatiana, Crystal, Ignatius, Rainier, Gio and Althea. These will be the people to help you master and comprehend your powers."
 

Headmistress Molvido was done with her little introduction and proceeded with the showcasing of abilities. Boy, was I nervous! I've never shown my powers to anybody except my family.
 

I guess it's time to live up to my name. Not only did my family come from generations of fire users but also my first name'Hwa Jae'-literally meant fire. At the moment I was born, there was a glint in my eyes that flashed the color of flames. Right then and there, my father knew that I'd be one of them.
 

"Sasha Striker!"
 

The girl was stumbling to get there, a part of me thought it was funny and the other felt pity. Yeah, I think it was funny. I wouldn't laugh though, I'd just keep it to myself.
 

Now standing in front, she started creating this mild lightning. Then, she stopped. Was that it? God, I didn't know it'd be amateur hour. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude but that was just nothing. I think you'd better exert your best efforts because this will be like an assessment test, you know?
 

The only ones that really caught my eye came from these four guys. Come to think of it, none of them were fire users. They used their abilities in a really creative way. 
 

One dark tan-skinned kid jumped from a high floor and just before reaching the ground, teleported like flash into a standing position. The tall one created a tornado and blew everyone away... literally. Then, there's this baggy-eyed kid that resembled a panda who stopped and rewinded time of individuals and they couldn't remember it. 
 

Normally, other time manipulators would pause the whole school and we would stop at our places, the only difference was we can't move but we would still remember that moment. His was just totally amazing. A junior was about to throw water at him just to bully the newbie then he stopped him and made him go back to the position where he was sitting at the table. Only he moved and everyone else stayed the same. Afterwards, the poor boy started asking what happened to the crowd that was awestruck.

 

"Park Hwa Jae!"

 

Finally, my name was called. With a head held high I stride towards the front; I'm not timid when the situation demands it. I believe that in order to achieve a good impression professionally, you must have self-confidence. Time to wipe away my inhibitions! 
 

It's completely different from making friends because you get attached. Then, you start thinking of other people's emotions and it's just tiring. You can't even confirm if they're truly your friend or not. Family and a few friends back home is enough for me.
 

Anyway, here goes at least something.

 

 


 

Author's Note:  Heyyyy thanks for checking out this story! I want to know what you think of this chap in the comment section below. :3 If you liked this, please subscribe and upvote! Stay tuned tomorrow for Chapter 2, my lovely berries! ^_^