Chapter 2.

Change

It was lunchtime. The time where every part of the school gets rowdy and noisy, especially on the first day back of school. Every student ran around trying to find their friends to discuss their summer holidays and upcoming exams. Ara walked down the hallway and everyone looked. Still the girl had her had down and walked to her locker with no expression. Not being aware of the bunch of boys walking backwards towards her, she was close to being knocked down by the big boys. Right before the boys were going to fall onto her, Ara felt her whole body trapped in someones warm embrace.

"Hey watch it guys," Jungkook said to the bunch of reckless boys. They just laughed and continued to what they were doing. Still hugging Ara tightly into his arms he asked, "You okay there Ara?" Once again he got no reply. She simply pushed him away and walked off with no gratitude to show.

Ara walked to her locker and being heard behind here were soft footsteps of someone following her. 'They're just heading in the same direction.' She thought to herself. She reached to her locker and the footsteps stopped. Feeling a presence behind her, she slowly turned around, facing the boy who saved her. 'Jeon Jungkook.'

He awkwardly smiled and raised a hand to say hello. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly and turned back around to her locker. Putting her books away and reaching for her prepacked lunch, she closed her locker. Turning around expecting the boy to be gone by now, Ara walked straight into the same warm chest a few minutes before.

"Omph. What are you doing?" She looked up to the boy slightly annoyed. She stepped back, not forgetting to give him a cold look. Walking away from Jungkook but being immedietely pulled back.

"Saying thankyou wouldn't hurt you know," Jungkook replied. Ara looked at Jungkook blankly, nodded a slight thankyou and walked off into the direction to the back of the gymnasium. Jungkook sighed and looked at the fragile girl walk away from him. 'Kim Ara.'

------

"Aye Jungkook, heard you saved some chick," Namjoon nudged the boy.

"She's not some chick," He replied protectively, "her name is Ara. Kim Ara." His friends gave him a look of confusion.

"Back up big boy. We're just saying," Jimin put his hands up in defence. 'Urgh. Why am I feeling like this? I dont't even know her.'

Jungkook was drifting off into his own thoughts of the girl he just met. His friends were laughing at the jokes Hoseok was chucking during lunchtime.

"Hey, do you guys know anything about the girl Kim Ara?" Jungkook asked. All the boys muttering to themselves the name of this unfamiliar girl.

"Oh!" Taehyung suddenly said, "I was hearing a bunch of girls saying how a girl named Kim Ara lost her father to cancer and her mum is depressed. They said she has changed." Jungkook listened intently to what Taehyung was saying and nodded. Finally understanding why this girl was so emotionless and cold towards everyone. Not paying attention to anything.

-----

School ended and every single student rushed out of their classrooms to finally go home after a long day. Ara was in no rush at all to head to a place she no longer considered home. Her mother was working early mornings and coming home late concluding to the young girl barely seeing her mother anymore. Today started off as a gloomy and dark rain, no sunlight was shone down to the Earth today. To Ara's luck, the moment she stepped out of the double doors, it started to rain.

'You've got to be kidding me' she thought to herself. She patted the back of her bag finding no umbrella that was once in her bag. That day she lost her dad, nothing was the same. The elite student Ara was unorganised and lost herself in the world she considers cruel. She hid back in the hinge overhead to avoid the rain pouring down from the skies.

"What a coincidence, I don't have an umbrella either," an all too familiar voice behind Ara said. She turned around to face the image of the boy she has been seeing all day. Meeting his eyes, she turned back around to blankly stare at the rain. 

"Mind me waiting with you?" he asked but sat down next to her anyway. Ara didn't respond nor bother to strike a conversation. They sat there for a few awkward minutes before Jungkook spoke.

"Where do you live?" Ara didn't reply. "Are you cold?" No reply. "Okay then, well uhm, you look cold and I'm late for my dance practice. Here take my jacket. I'll see you tomorrow Ara, goodbye." He quickly wrapped his jacket around the girl's small frame noticing how pale and cold she was. He shooted off into the rain, turned around, smiled and waved. 

"Thankyou..." she mumbled after she saw his body in the distance. 'Thank you Jeon Jungkook.'