Chapter 1.

Change

"Hey Ara..." Chanmi said, trying to get the girls attention. Nothing was said. Chanmi sighed and left Ara.

There she was, Kim Ara, the girl that would have been smiling and being approached by everyone because of her bubbly nature. But she's doing none of that. She's not the same anymore after the death of her father. That alone was killing her on the inside, but along with that was her mother's depression. Her only family member had distanced themselves from her when she needed it most. She closed her locker door and headed to her first class, commencing in 10 minutes.

 

She arrived at her classroom and sat down in the far end corner of the classroom, placing her books onto the table. Once again the moment she stepped into the class, it fell silent. Everyone avoid her lifeless gazes and hung their heads down until she was out of their view. Ara looked out the window to her left and breathed out a heavy sigh. 

"Please let this year go by quickly," she whispered to herself. Senior year. Full of stress to ace exams and head to universities to achieve something in life and with no support. It was tough for the girl, she needed the support and love but she is unable to receive any under her circumstances. Thinking of how difficult her life is getting, a tear ran down her pale delicate cheeks. Slowly, more started to fall out of her brown eyes.

"Ahem class. Welcome to your last year of highschool," the professor smiled to the class. Ara quickly wiped away her tears and focused to the front of the class. "Before I start my lesson, I want you to meet two of our new students entering here today. Class say hello to Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook." 

The class warmly chorused their hellos whilst the two boys bowed to their new classmates. 

"Boys, choose any spare seats and that will be your allocated seat." The boys nodded and looked around. Yoongi saw one of his friends and headed to the spare seat next to him. As for Jungkook, there was only one seat left. Which was the seat next to Ara. He quickly walked to the seat and sat down. The professor started his class.

"Hey, I'm Jungkook," the lively boy smiled, holding his hand out to Ara. She looked at the boy, then at his hand held out towards her. She looked back at his face then focused her attention back to the front of the class. Jungkook embarrassed looked away and drew his hand back to stratch the back of his head. He looked at his professor but curiously sneaked a glance to the book on top of the unknown girls table.

"Kim Ara," he mumbled to himself. 

 

Class had ended and the students began to quickly move out of the classroom. Ara packed her stuff and walked out of the room. Jungkook took his time to pack away his things and glanced to his left side noticing something on the table. He picked it up. Kim Ara. Head quickly moving to the door, seeing the girl walk out. Jungkook shoved his books into his bag and held the book tightly in his hand.

"Hey Ara!" Jungkook yelled to the back of the girl, "you left your book inside." He rushed to her and grabbed her shoulder to turn her around. She retracted herself away from his touch and looked at he boy with a hint of fear. Jungkook saw this and immediately removed his hand from her and held the book in front of him.

"You left it on the table and I thought I'd give it back to you, I'm Jungkook," he smiled at her. Ara blankly looked at the book, slowly took the book out of Jungkook's hand and left. He furrowed his eyebrows at her cold attitude and rudeness towards him. Even though she brushed him off like he was nothing, he wanted to be near her. He didn't know anything but her name. There was this feeling in him that urged him to be with her. It was a nice warm feeling. He knew he needed her in his life.