Broken

Alone

Sungjong was exhuasted. 

Just a few short weeks after finishing their second world tour and Infinite was already expected to have another comeback. He was grateful, far more than grateful than he could ever express, not many can say they traveled the world. He merely just wanted, no, needed, a moment to breathe but knew that moment was just a fleeting dream, forever lost in the landscape of his mind.

His mind wandered, how many days of his life was spent on an airplane, in the dance studio or in the recording studio? How many weeks, months, years would that add up to? He didn't like to think about it.

He didn't like to think about a lot of things, like how his body reacted whenever he was around a certain member of Infinite.

Myungsoo and Sungjong had always been close, predebut until now and Sungjong hoped even in the future they would remain close. But lately, being in proximity with the other male made his chest pound in an odd way. Myungsoo had a firm grip around his heart, and Sungjong was finding it more and more difficult to breathe.

Myungsoo had always been a very touchy person when it came to Sungjong, always touching his hair, holding his hand, hugging him from behind and so forth. At first he reveled in Myungsoo's touch but now it was different, Sungjong wanted to push these feelings away, lock them in a box and throw away the key. He was confused and scared. 

What if Myungsoo found out about his feelings? What if he didn't feel the same way, or worse what if he hated him for it?

He figured pushing Myungsoo away was the only way to get rid of these feelings, but he pushed him into the arms of another. Sungyeol. The three had always been good friends, but seeing how Sungyeol would rest his head on Myungsoo's shoulder and make inside jokes with him made Sungjong's blood boil. He knew they were just friends but it always put him on alert seeing them together. He longed for his head to rest upon Myungsoo's shoulder. 

He felt alone or rather, he was alone. Sunggyu had a meeting with the CEO concering his latest solo. Woohyun, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were promoting Infinite's comeback on a variety show and Dongwoo and Hoya were on a radio show. All this while Sungjong was at the dorm forced to brush up on his Japanese while being watched by their manager like a child in grade school.

All I have to do is get through today, we have a free schedule tomorrow, thought to himself.

He didn't like being alone, because when he was alone his thoughts began to wander into dangerous territories. Like how he would feel resting on top of Myungsoo, softly kissing the other's lips. He was sitting at the desk in the living room of the dorm waiting for anything to save him from this torture but knew there would be no release. He extended his neck sideways to view the clock resting on the wall adjacent to him, 12:11pmFar to early for the members to be back, unfortunately. He knew he shouldn't be complaining about his current situation considering the other members were no doubt just as worn out as he but he felt a pang of longing in his chest for the elder.

He was too tired for this. He lost count of how many times he had almost fallen asleep on the desk and was whacked over the head by the manager. He pretended to stretch his back, lifting his interlocked hands above his head, faking a yawn and looked back. His manager was watching him with a drowsy yet stern glare. He sighed, turning back towards the desk, lifted his pencil and tried to study. The kanji characters were beginning to look like scribbles, he was so exhausted, nothing was making sense to him, especially his feelings.

He barely could lift his eyelids up, his head nodding back and forth in exhaustion. His vision was fuzzy, his peripherals darkening by the second, soon enough he was fast asleep.

A/N

I didn't proof read this because I was too busy messing around with Infinite's 360VR Bad teaser.

This was originally supposed to be a one shot, but things change. It would've been one hell of a long oneshot, like maybe 4,000 words. Short and sweet for the first chapter because, heh, why not?

Anyways, please comment and subscribe!