A Day Later

Jail

"Why hasn't she contacted us yet?" Cheska gripped the bars tightly before dropping her head solemnly.

"Cheska, it's been a day, it's not that bad," Hillary stated from the crummy top bunk of the metal beds.

"Yeah, at least, they allowed us to be in the same cell" Rizeru commented from the bottom one, she walked over to Cheska and looked through the bars to scan the outside surrounding area.

"They said this was the only cell left and that we were lucky" Cheska turned away from the bars and sat down on the dirty floor, leaving Rizeru alone.

"That's true, but with the way Wonho seems to arrest anyone who was causing trouble, it's understandable. Plus the fact he keeps them here for such a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to open a second jail just for the people he takes in."

"Well, we still got a cell together, and it's only been a day," Rizeru said, slowly turning away from the metal bars and looked at the floor, "nothing that bad has-OH MY GOD" Rizeru glued herself to the bars again as if she was trying to open it.

"WHAT?" Hillary and Cheska both jump and turn to her with scared expressions on their face. Too frightened to speak Rizeru rose a shaky arm to point at the spider crawling on the wall. Hillary immediately moved off the bed in the same direction as Rizeru. Cheska was still trying to see what they were looking at but the spider crawled into a hole before she could.

"What is it?" Cheska turned to look at the two.

"There was a spider. It's gone now." Hillary said, calming down after she watched it crawl into the hole. She turned and saw that Rizeru was still frozen in her spot so she tried helping the shaking girl up.

"I-I s-sl-lept in h-here with a SPIDER we have to get out of here guys!" Rizeru gripped the bars and attempted to shake them, in reality, all she was did was lose brain cells.

"That's what I'm saying!" Cheska said, trying to stop Rizeru from harming herself, "Except... for a different reason than you..." when she was finally able to take Rizeru away and calm her down Cheska sat down in front of the broken T.V. "Why do they even have this in here? There's no screen." She kicked the wooden box underneath it making a bunch of dust fly everywhere she coughed and crawled away. Before the box already looked like it was going to break but now it looked like it would collapse if a speck of dust landed on it.

"Cheska don't break anything, this place is already cruddy enough and I don't want to deal with a broken box." She gestured around the cell while Rizeru commented there would be more places for the bugs to hide.

In the cell there was a single light hanging from the ceiling, it was bright enough to shine through the whole room so they didn't complain about it at first, but when it came time to sleep they groaned when the light suddenly shut off, leaving them in the dark while they tried to find their beds.  Speaking of beds, the ones they were given were basically shelves. They were metal platforms perpendicular to the wall with chains attached to the end that reached back to make it look like they were being held up by it. There was one about 6 feet off the ground and another one 3 feet off the ground. They were guessing there was supposed to be another bed on the other side of the wall but a huge hole took its place. Shownu convinced the officers to put a bed there right before the lights went out so they all slept somewhat okay. On the other side of the broken wall, there were small drawers and a cracked mirror. When they opened the first drawer a large moth flew through the bars. Rizeru refused to open anything after that. They noticed the several chalk drawings on the wall along with the weird patterns on the floor and ceiling. The pattern only reached the end of the cell and they had to admit, it freaked them out a bit. It was the only one with the pattern but Wonho and Shownu explained that the workers were just too lazy to finish the paint job around the whole place since the pattern was so complicated.

"Okay ladies, time to eat your first meal at your stay here. Hope you enjoy it" Wonho's fake smile beamed at them as they glared back through the bars. The sound of keys clinking against each other sounded throughout the air as other people were let out of their cells. Once the door was open, the three of them filed out cautiously. They looked around while walking. There were 3 buildings, 3 stories each, filled with jail cells and yet they weren't able to each have their own. Again, not that they were complaining but it was shocking how many people Wonho would put in there.

The area that all prisoners gathered to eat was right next to the spot for those who had to do labor. Thankfully, Wonho wasn't cruel enough to command them to do it, they were let off the hook as they grabbed the platefuls of mush and sat down on the pavement. They looked around to see where the guys were.

"There" Hillary pointed out. 5 guys walked down the staircases, it looked like girls got the very bottom, boys got the very top, and they shared the middle level. They watched them make their way down to the eating area and move to the line to get their food.

The 3 people following behind them caught the girls attention soon after. The 3 of them all wore black masks and all had a different expression on their face. The first one had a white hat on over black hair. He seemed overly excited, there was a visible jump to every step he took down the stairs. Looking at the light-haired male behind him, they could tell he was happy about something but the hint of mischief in his eyes warned that it might not exactly be good.  The last one seemed bored out of his mind as he threw a piece of chalk up in the air and catching it repeatedly. He watched the other two as he walked in front of Shownu. He lagged a bit behind and Shownu gently shoved him a few times to keep him going.

Trailing their eyes back to the people they came here with, Rizeru noticed that both Jin and Hyungwon looked as tired and amazing as they usually do when they were woken up. Slight frowns to their baby-faced features and both were rubbing some sleep out of their eyes as they stood front of the two brothers. Both of which were also watching the three men walk down the stairs and get in line behind an unusually cheerful Hoshi.

"Why is he so happy? We're in jail."

"He's your boyfriend, you tell us," Cheska replied trying to hold in a laugh as Hoshi caught sight of the three and smiled at them, making Hillary struggle not to throw the plate, of what seems to be mashed potatoes, at him.

The first of the three seemed confused by how open Hoshi was. The jump in his step stopped as he eyed the other dark haired male. Throwing a thumbs up a loud whack was heard not far off and if they bothered to turn they would be able to see the newly forming red mark on all three of the female's faces.

"Hello, I am Hosh, what is your name?" The weird greeting caused the 4 boys in front of him to create new red marks on all their foreheads as well.

"Jooheon is right here man." He took off his mask and showed the grin he had underneath he held out his hand and Hoshi took it normally and they did a handshake like they had known each other for ages. "What did you get in here for? And how long?" He asked, the hop in his step was back from earlier.

"I couldn't pay a bill and I ran for it. I was caught by officer Wonho so I'm in here for a pretty long time." Hoshi stepped up in line without even looking as it moved.

"Pft, what a lame reason, but then again, there have been worse ones. Those your friends?" Jooheon gestured to the 4 in front of him, they all turned back around while listening in on the conversation.

"Yeah, they're in here for pretty lame reasons too. What about you guys?" Hoshi asked, gesturing to the three.

"This is Minhyuk, that's Kihyun." Jooheon pointed to the lighter haired male before pointing to the last one. "I got in here for illegal rap battles. Minhyuk got in here for prank calling the cops about fake emergencies so many times they found out, and Kihyun got in here for vandalizing property. What are they in for?"

Hoshi tapped the shoulders of the 4 and told them that Jooheon wanted to know what they were in for.

"Lame reasons. We are both courting a girl. We fought over who got to take her out one day and some neighbors ended up complaining about us which was why Wonho came. He accused us of ia even though she's turning 18 in a few months. Plus, neither of us thought of touching her inappropriately at any time." Jin huffed and turned around again. Hyungwon nodded, still a bit too sleepy to process the events happening.

"Underground rap battles," B.I said calmly, noticing the way Jooheon seemed to pay extra attention afterward. "I got someone mad in a crowd and they ratted me out. My brother here came to bust me out but ended up fighting with the officer so he got himself thrown in jail as well. Since he was allowed one phone call, he called my girlfriend and she ended up doing the same thing." He ran is fingers through his hair while glancing at Cheska who was simply sitting there watching him talk. She was unable to hear him over all the yard work but he could see Rizeru helping them out.

"They're just explaining how they got in jail, those guys," she pointed to the three, "are actually in here for legit reasons, like B.I, the first one is in here for illegal rap battles, the happy one is in here for pranks and the gloomy one over there vandalized stuff." Her summary was short but the other two were able to understand enough. "I'm surprised Hoshi didn't get his kicked, I expected people here to be harsher than they are."

"Don't go by those stereotypes, Wonho probably throws a bunch of people in here for no reason remember? At least, know that if there are people in here that don't like us, we have them and they seem to have a pretty good cred around this place." Cheska rolled her eyes and tried a small bite of the food they were served.

"How is it?" Hillary asked curiously, still poking and playing with it, moving some of the chunks around on her plate. Rizeru continued to watch the exchange between the men in front of them. Her food had one bite and it didn't look like she was going to take another one anytime soon.


"It's better than it looks but I wouldn't eat a lot of it," Cheska set another spoonful in before making a face. "and don't eat it too fast." she tried to swallow.

"What are they saying now?" Hillary asked, trying the mush, turns out that most of what Cheska said was true.

"They're just talking about who we are and other random stuff. They pointed over to us when you guys were talking about the food." She watched Jin make a disgusted face at her food while pointing at it and asking Jooheon something.

"Do you think they are going to make us eat that?" Jin asked.

"They make us all eat the same thing. It's not that bad." Jooheon said. Minhyuk spoke up from behind Jooheon for the first time.

"It's actually really good if you won't finish it I will." His mask was still on but his eye smile was back. Kihyun had been quiet the whole time.

-

"So you're...." Jooheon pointed at the girls who were currently staring at them.

"Rizeru" Minhyuk spoke from his right. The girl nodded from between Hyungwon and Jin as they ate. She knew she didn't like the food so she gave it to Minhyuk, that's probably how the blonde knew her name.

"Right. I knew that. Now you're Jessica-"

"Cheska. Ch-eska" she emphasized the 'ch' part as Hillary, Rizeru, and B.I laughed. She gave B.I a look of mock hate and gently pushed him, laughing gently afterward when he pretended to go along but actually fell onto the floor, food going to waste.

"Then Hillary" he noted, confident in his answer despite being wrong the first two times. He was rewarded with a nod by said female and a thumbs up from her boyfriend.

"Okay, Rizeru, Cheska," He emphasized the 'ch' part, "and Hillary" He repeated several times as he ate. Looking up at them from now and then.

"I think you got it down," Cheska said, laughing slightly because they were now done with their meal yet Jooheon was still repeating their names.

"If you say so...." Jooheon said trying to figure out Cheska's name again.

"Okay, maybe you don't have it down."