Special Day

A Peppero Day Story

He was always a hard worker. He never slacked off and he always gave everything his best effort. To say the very least, he was diligent. But like everyone else in the world he had a dream. Some people want to be businessmen, some people want to be fashion designers, some people want to engineers but most people want to become celebrities. He didn’t want to be a celebrity. His dream was just to be a musician; he wanted to share with others his love of music.

 

So when Kim Sunggyu joined the music industry as a trainee, he wasn’t completely aware of how difficult his dream was. Being a trainee was hard work with hours of vocal and dance training coupled with strict diets. Additionally, Sunggyu wasn’t always in picture perfect health, among the trainees his health was rather fragile. He had a lot of vitamin supplements stored in his closet so that he wouldn’t faint in his training sessions.

 

When Kim Sunggyu was the appointed leader of a new group that was going to debut, he realized that although his dream was coming true it wouldn’t be easy. He had to take charge of six other boys that were going to debut with him.

 

It first happened when he was watching one of the weekly music shows on TV. As a trainee, he didn’t really have the luxury of watching other people performing on shows but now as an idol he did. He was watching their senior of three years performing, what was their fifth hit song to date, Hoot. He saw her, performing on stage with the rest of the members. It was only she that caught his eye. s always said Yoona was the prettiest but to him it wasn’t her that stood out, it was Sunny. What also struck him about their group was the number of fans that they were able to touch with their music. He wanted Infinite to be a group like theirs.

 

Ever since that one performance he saw on TV, he watched all of their performances on all of the music shows. He was however, always a private person. He kept most things to himself and it was no surprise that he kept his infatuation with Sunny a secret as well. He always did a very good job at keeping his secrets to himself but this one time, everything slipped. He was watching a show she was appearing on and was very focused on the screen. Sungyeol however changed the channel without warning.

 

Then it came, Sunggyu’s sudden outburst. Don’t change the channel like that when she’s on! Was what he said. The other members who were there were shocked at their leader’s uncharacteristic outburst of anger. That’s when everything spilled out. And with boys being boys, Sunggyu never heard the end of it whenever she appeared on screen. He was teased and he was tortured by the other members with name calling to which he would reply with a groan and a roll of his eyes.

 

Then he finally had a chance to meet her. It was the first time that they’d appear together on a music show. Naturally, s were pushing, insisting that they go present Girls’ Generation personally with their new album. Sunggyu however, spent all his time denying s’ insistence. That first time he was able to get away with not going to meet them personally, he feigned a headache which caught the worry of his manager but received angry glares from the rest of Infinite.

 

The second time though he wasn’t as lucky. He was dragged off by s before he could feign another headache. Sulking, and completely nervous, he went along with s to go greet the group Sunny was in. They walked in and Sunggyu was physically stunned by the beauty of all the girls in the room but most of all, he stopped at the sight of Sunny. They made their greetings, with Sunggyu bowing awkwardly, and that’s when it happened. He made eye contact with her.

 

With the sudden eye contact, Sunggyu felt his face get hot and his heart beat faster in his chest. He hoped his reaction was as obvious as he thought it was but Sungyeol, who was on his right, gave Sunggyu a mischievous smirk. He whispered to Sunggyu, urging him to at least smile at her. Wanting to shut Sungyeol up before anyone else in the room noticed, he gave Sunny a shy smile to which she replied with one of her endearing eye smiles. He swore he could have died happy right then and there.

 

The second time it happened it was completely by chance. He bumped into Sunny while they were running around the building preparing for their performances. His meeting with her took him completely by surprise and his face took no hesitation at turning red when he saw who it was. Having it been only the second time they’ve seen each other in person they were awkward, very much so. She made small talk and he replied. They talked, they laughed, they got to know each other. It was obvious they were completely infatuated with each other. Well, obvious to everyone but each other.

 

After finally being convinced by s, by Sungyeol mostly, he built the confidence to ask her out on a date. To his surprise, she said yes. He was ecstatic at her response and felt on top of the world. He was always happy around the members and he was even happier when he was around her. However his activities became busier and busier and so he spent less and less time with her. He began to miss her and as if she could sense him, he’d always see a text message within the next few minutes. Whenever he was tired, she called and his energy was restored. It didn’t matter how busy he was, as long as he could hear her voice, he was happy, he was content.

 

Then came Peppero day, the day where couples would exchange the peppero snack. They were both so busy but he still wanted to make the day special. He planned an event, it was nothing very special but this time he wanted to take the initiative. Instead of her always calling him and texting him, he would take this chance for him to go to her.

 

Borrowing his friend’s motorcycle he put on the helmet and drove to her dorm late at night. He so desperately wanted to make it at 11:11pm to make it as special as possible. He missed the time but that didn’t make it any less special. He knocked on the door citing an express delivery. It was her that opened the door, Sunny. He gave her the box of peppero he bought and waited for her response. She teared, and then he took off his helmet and enveloped her in a huge hug, repeatedly telling her he loves her.

 

It was his wish to make the day special for her and it did become special for her. Sometimes on days like these, it is possible for wishes to come true.

 

 

 


A/n: Here's the second part of this one-shot, I hope it was worth the wait. I really hope I didn't disappoint you guys with this. And yes, this is like really late since it was Peppero day four days ago but yeah >.> I hope you guys enjoy it :)