Chapter Two

Before Children Had Wings
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note: No Mirai in this chapter. T_T. She’ll be in the next one I promise. Speaking of her, As much as I love Yamashi, I want to say that this story won’t be a Yamashi pairing nor will it be any other pairing. BUT, there will be some nice Yamada and Mirai bonding moments.

 “You know you can talk to me about anything, Ryosuke. Nothing you’ll say will leave this room.”

Ryosuke gave his therapist a bored look and nodded slightly. His mother thought it was a good idea to make him go to therapy twice a week for his anxiety problems. The anxiety was new for Ryosuke. If he gets to nervous, he goes into a panic attack. She believed his anxiety came from the accident, but it was due to all the bullying he’d experience, but he wouldn’t dare tell that to her or his therapist.

To be honest, he hated therapy. He thought it was pointless. Unlike school, he couldn’t skip his appointments because it was mandatory. Ryosuke wondered if his mother was making him go because she cared or because she wanted him out of the house as long as possible. He wouldn’t be that surprised if it was the latter.

The room had been quiet for nearly an hour now. His therapist wanted him to make the first move, but Ryosuke had no intention of doing so. He just sat there and waited for his hour to be over with.

“We’ll it looks like our time is up.” His therapist said, checking the time.

Ryosuke wanted to hop out of his chair and storm off as soon as he said those words. It felt like an eternity being here.

 “Ryosuke, I may seem like some guy just doing his job, but I do care for your wellbeing. I hope one day you’ll finally open up to me. I’ll see you next time, Ryosuke.”

 “Bye, Matsumoto-san.” He replied.

Ryosuke felt sort of guilty for hearing that. Matsumoto-san seemed to be a genuine guy, but Ryosuke didn’t care for expressing his feelings. He wanted to be left alone.

Ryosuke left the room and headed towards the building’s front door. Just when he reached the door, a girl holding a cup a tea, bumped into Ryosuke, spilling it all over his shirt. His chest started to sting.

“Yah!” he yelled in pain. The tea was burning hot.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Are you okay?” The girl panicked. “I should’ve looked were I was going. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay.” He said, trying to wipe his shirt with his bare hand.

“Here, let me help you.” She pulled out a handkerchief from her skirt pocket and gave it to him. He rubbed it with his shirt, but a stain had remained. “Oh no, I stained your shirt. Let me take you to a clothing store. I’ll buy you a new one.”

Ryosuke shook his head. “Uh, N-No it’s fine. I’m sure it’ll wash out. It’s n-not that big of a deal.”

“I have to, I’ll feel awful if I don’t do anything. Let me buy you a drink or something at least, please.”

He shook his head again. “No, it’s okay, really. You already said sorry. You didn’t mean it. That’s enough.”

“Not to me it isn’t. Please, let me buy you a new shirt or take you out to eat or something. Please!”

“I said its fine—“

“Pleeease, I’m begging you.” She placed her hands firmly together and gave him an over exaggerated puppy dog eyes.

Ryosuke sighed. He had a bad day and wanted to go home, but she wasn’t going to take no for an answer. He decided to just get it over with. A drink wouldn’t hurt, right? This girl.  “Fine, if you insist--”

“Great! I’ll buy you a new shirt and a drink.” Before he could protest, she grabbed Ryosuke by the wrist and headed out the door. “I’m Haruna Kawaguchi by the way.” She turned to face him, waiting for him to introduce himself. He looked at her nervously.

“I’m Ryosuke Yamada.”

They went to a nearby clothing store and Haruna bought him a shirt as promised. Shortly afterwards, Haruna took him (more like dragged him) to her favorite café downtown. He never been here before. It was a small but nice café. They sat in the booths and a waiter showed up to their table shortly after. Haruna ordered iced coffee while Ryosuke just ordered tea. A couple of minutes later, the waiter came back with their orders and Ryosuke started to drink his tea.

“You go to school around here?” Haruna asked, sipping her drink.

“Yeah, I’m a junior at Fuji Senior high school, the all-boys school. It’s actually not that far from here.”

Please log in to read the full chapter