Knock, Knock 7: It's Nice

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

"It's been a great evening to spend with you all," Namjoon clasped his hands, nodding slightly to the official members of Hustle Life Club. "I'd be looking forward to see you next Monday. Remember, our weekly meeting at the club room!"

Eight of them enjoyed their dinner as Seokjin explained the club history and the upcoming plan he had in mind for Hustle Life Club, including the 17th anniversary of the university which would be celebrated in three months.

Aside from the requests they had received to help other clubs, Seokjin mentioned about the idea to make an event as Hustle Life Club as well. It wasn't a very deep, serious discussion since Namjoon wanted the day to be easy for now.

"Yoongi," Seokjin lifted his car key, tilting his head slightly. "Going back with me?"

Yoongi threw a glance at their new manager and his friend got the sign immediately. Seokjin nodded, waving goodbye to the others before getting inside his car. He was uncertain about his own anxiety but Seokjin shrugged it off, starting the car engine to return to home.

Shimju was not aware at all as she was checking her wound, still couldn't believe that Yoongi was the one who treated her wound so carefully. Her lips turned into a faint curve before straightening her body to see Jungkook already standing in front of her.

"Are you alright?" the youngest man among them asked politely, especially now that he knew she was his senior. "Does it still hurt a lot?"

The girl shook her head, posing a salutation gesture with right hand, "I'm completely fine. Thanks to you, I have all my stuffs with me!"

Jungkook turned around as his eyes met with his senior. Yoongi ignored Jimin's greeting and only waved randomly to Hoseok when they walked out from the restaurant. His curiosity of Jungkook was interrupted when the youngest approached him.

"Can we talk for a minute?" Jungkook finally voiced out the question, gaining attention from Namjoon and Taehyung, so he added quickly, "Privately."

Yoongi blinked in confusion but he answered calmly, "Let's talk while we walk Shimju home."

"Eh?!" Shimju squeaked in a pitch higher than her usual voice. She looked in disbelief at Yoongi then turned to the others.

Namjoon just let out a whistle, watching the interesting turn of event before his own eyes. Taehyung didn't put any expression on face but he blinked for numerous times. Jungkook frowned, wondering if he didn't say the word 'privately' clear enough to be heard.

"It's getting late," Yoongi took two steps closer to Shimju, putting his right hand inside pocket. "You said your home is four bus stops from here, right?"

The girl felt that she kept getting surprises. Accepted as the manager Hustle Life Club, almost lost her valuable items, carried on the back of a very popular student, and now Yoongi wanted to walk her home. Even the fact that Yoongi listened carefully to her answer during conversation over dinner, when he didn't seem to have any interest of anything, it surprised Shimju a lot.

The three-second silence gave Yoongi another thought, "Oh, if it's that hard for you to walk, I can call a taxi for you. Wait a minute, okay?"

"Ah, no, no, no!" Shimju quickly chirped, scratching her ear nervously. "I'm fine! I'm totally fine! I mean... I really- I can- I go home by myself is fine!"

Shimju felt stupid for being so jumpy to explain herself. However Yoongi didn't actually mind about it. He checked his phone before looking at the president of their club, "We're leaving then. See you tomorrow."

"Sure," Namjoon grinned, diverting his attention to Taehyung who decided to return inside the restaurant to order something for his family. With that, the door was closed, leaving Shimju, Jungkook, and Yoongi together.

"Do you want to talk here?" Yoongi asked the new member of the club. "Or will you walk together with us?"

Jungkook was in dilemma. He wanted to explain the actual situation to Yoongi because he could see that he was the only senior that was not too excited with him being the new member of Hustle Life Club. Turned out, Yoongi was not as simple as he thought.

His eyes diverted to Shimju who was as confused as he was but with different reason. The girl felt happy yet awkward at the same time. She fixed her fringe nervously before gathering her courage to speak up, "My house is a little bit far from here so you don't need to walk me back! I'm used to go back alone at midnight anyway."

Jungkook heaved a sigh, finally decided to find another chance to talk with Yoongi instead. He cleared his throat, "You said it yourself, it's exactly because your house is far, you need a companion. Especially with your knee like that."

"I will not get on your back again!" Shimju quickly stated, feeling embarassed just by remembering what happened hours ago. "I was... Good to walk."

For the first time on that confusing day, Jungkook laughed out loud. Shimju's reaction was so unnatural that she didn't word everything nicely. His laughter made Yoongi raised his eyebrow but gained a light slap on his shoulder from Shimju, "Yah!"

"I was good to walk?" Jungkook repeated her words, obviously teasing her. "You really need someone to accompany you home now, don't you?"

Shimju was going to land another slap on his left shoulder but paused, totally surprised to see the person in front of him laughing freely. Jungkook was known as a cool and ignorant person. People barely could see his smile but, here he was, cracking up because of her choice of words.

"Ah, if you have that much energy to laugh, you should carry me instead!" Shimju hit his arm playfully, smiling as if they had been friends for a long, long time. "Stop laughing, Jeon Jungkook!"

"I know, I know," Jungkook wiped a tear that slipped out due to his continuous laughter. "Let's go now. I think there is a Chinese restaurant nearby your area, right? My mother likes the dumplings there."

Shimju's eyes widened in suprise, "Oh, that old Chinese restaurant? Xinfu? My house is exactly next to it! Have you tried the spring roll? It's their best one!"

While the two of them argued about what the best dish was, Yoongi just stood there and, unknown for them, the oldest among the three had a genuine smile, something that even his friends would not see everyday.

"You two have a lot of energy," Yoongi patted the girl's head twice, finally gaining her attention back again. "Should we head to the bus stop now so you can prove what the best dish is?"

Shimju opened and closed , trying to react to Yoongi's question but ended up blushing very hard. Jungkook, on the other hand, didn't notice it because his phone was ringing.

She had her heart beating rapidly just by the simple gesture. She froze for seconds to calm herself.

The older man was observing her, feeling glad that he insisted to walk her home. He didn't expect to have another person along but he didn't mind it.

The younger man answered the phone, promising his mother the dumplings from the restaurant because he didn't help her to clean the house today. He glanced at the girl who whispered 'spring roll' to him and chuckled.

For a split of second, they all shared the same thought.

Being in a Hustle Life Club would be nice.