Knock, Knock 3: Welcome To The Club

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

Hwan Shimju's application letter for Hustle Life Club arrived at its destination eventually.

Through a way that no one ever expected.

The envelope was carried by the playful wind, swirling around for seconds before it landed on someone's face. It interrupted his sleep and he was not happy at all.

Jeon Jungkook was waiting for his next class, since the first class was cancelled because the lecturer fell sick all of a sudden. He wasn't a morning person and he believed he deserved an extra hour to sleep at his favorite spot before the next session.

Jungkook was not the most dilligent student yet his talent shone brighter than some others. He was fond of music since ten years ago and his talent was what brought him up to this prestigious university.

Entering the university with scholarship, Jungkook gained interest from the others within no time. Not only because of his singing voice, Jungkook was also capable of pulling hard choreography and even rapping.

Of course he was not the only freshman who got the highlight this year. However he was the first student that Hustle Life Club laid their eyes on.

Unfortunately Jungkook had no amusement in joining any student organization. It's not like he was an anti-social or else but, like other students as well, he just wanted to enjoy the first year quietly. The hustle and bustle could follow on the following year, he assumed to himself.

However after a couple of weeks, the boredom already attacked him. Most of his new friends had joined different clubs and it left him alone when they were busy with new environment.

Jungkook didn't blame them for leaving earlier when the classes were over nor when they couldn't walk back together since they had club activities. He even didn't complaint with the fact that he should just sleep alone at his favorite spot under the tree now because his friends excused themselves to help their seniors.

He just felt bored.

Most organizations had sent their representatives to recruit Jungkook but to no avail. His determination to live the first year quietly was still stronger than his annoyance of boredom.

The white envelope on his face would change everything he decided right away.

"Gosh, what is this?" Jungkook groaned, slightly tearing the envelope as he took it away from his face. There's nothing to identify what's inside.

Being the normal teenager, curiosity won him easily. He opened the envelope without hesitation, pulling out the application letter prepared by a really neat female student.

"Hwan... Shimju?" he read out her name slowly. Jungkook frowned upon her picture, glued on the top right corner of the letter. "Application for... Hustle Life Club?"

He had heard of Hustle Life Club before as the fairly new student organization. As long and as much as he knew, none of the freshmen joined the club since it was so abstract, comparing to other solid organizations.

From the letter, Jungkook noticed that the girl was older than him, taking Department of Musicology as her major, currently going on her second year, and lived at the dormitory.

He put the paper back in the envelope and waved it randomly in his hand. He was thinking whether just to leave the envelope or let it reached where it should be.

His kindness made him chose the latter.

"Hustle Life...," Jungkook murmured to himself, looking at the signs in front of each rooms he walked pass by. He stopped at the farthest one in the end of corridor, where all rooms for student organizations existed.

There was a small letter box in front of the room, placed right below the window, next to the door. Taking the last look of the envelope, Jungkook finally put the application letter in the box.

At the same second as the envelope slid inside the box, someone opened the door from inside with extra excitement as if he's waiting for a delivery. His face beamed when he saw Jungkook, "Woah, it's really you! It's really you!"

Jungkook recognized him from his opening ceremony weeks ago.

Kim Taehyung, one of the most notable students who joined the university last year as a part of Department of Broadcasting. He's the first member to join Hustle Life Club after the three pioneers.

The younger male knew his history after Taehyung actually turned a self-composed song when the ceremony was over. He announced it out loud through the speaker that it's a creation of Hustle Life Club, welcoming the freshmen to join.

Rumor spread like fire and Jungkook got to know the short history of Hustle Life Club. He thought it was unique but that's that and nothing more.

Apparently Taehyung got a very wrong idea about why Jungkook stood in front of Hustle Life Club's room. Taehyung shouted to his friends inside, "Jeon Jungkook is in the club!"

"W-What?!" Jungkook startled upon the sudden statement. "W-Wait! It's not mine! I don't-"

Taehyung wasn't listening to him, not even for the slightest. He grabbed Jungkook's wrist, dragging him inside, "Come, come. You don't need to send an application letter! It would be our pleasure to have you in our club!"

"That's not it! It's not mine!" Jungkook tried to explain but none of the members was listening to him. "It's someone else's application letter and I just helped-"

He realized it's too late to stop Taehyung from his over excitement when his senior suddenly typed something on his phone and hit the enter button.

Jungkook's phone vibrated; a notification of a new e-mail. The same notification appeared on the phone screen of other two members in the room.

And also on each of the students' phone.

Taehyung just broadcasted a message to all students in their university.

"Jeon Jungkook is officially a member of Hustle Life Club!"

Jungkook dropped his jaw in shock while Taehyung still had a wide grin on his face. He snapped his fingers, pointing to the boy with cap, sitting next to Jungkook, "See, Namjoon Hyung? Patience is a virtue! We got the gold!"

The boy stood up and did a high five with Taehyung before turned to face Jungkook. He reached out his hand for a handshake, "Welcome to the club, Jeon Jungkook. I'm Kim Namjoon, the President of Hustle Life Club."

"Don't get me wrong," Jungkook stood up, lifting both of his hands, a sign that he wanted to get out of this situation. "You guys assumed everything too fast and I-"

The other member of the club, who had kept silence for a while suddenly took Jungkook's right hand and shaked it firmly, "We're so happy to have you in the club!"

Namjoon patted Jungkook's right shoulder happily, introducing the other guy, "This is Kim Seokjin, the Vice President. Glad to meet you!"

Their excitement hit Jungkook with confusion. He facepalmed upon the disbelief of what's happening at the moment.

He didn't believe he got himself tangled in this situation.