Knock, Knock 5: First Time

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

It was simply a habit. Hwan Shimju always tried to do something during her free time, even if she needed to do it all by herself.

She got bored easily but, once she had stepped on something, she would make sure to complete it, althought it would take longer than she planned. At the same time, she was not really a risk-taker.

Shimju made decisions carefully as she did not wish to ruin the path she had paved for years. However she was always ready to greet a surprise. Just like Kim Taehyung's message.

"It should be somewhere nearby...," Shimju frowned, checking the direction on the digital map she had been staring at for minutes. She zoomed in the map using her fingers, holding the phone carefully. "800 metres to the north. I see."

A day after Shimju received the text message from Taehyung, she was on her way to a restaurant mentioned in the second message. The Hustle Life Club representative told both Jungkook and her to meet them for a welcoming party.

Instead of the club room, Namjoon was more than excited to have the welcoming party at his family's restaurant. It's a small one, not too crowded, but always filled with warmth for all the visitors.

The members of Hustle Life Club liked to spend their weekend there. Be it together, bringing other friends, or with their own families.

Therefore Jeon Jungkook and Hwan Shimju should be introduced to the place as well.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately enough for one of them, Shimju was greeted by someone else before she arrived at the restaurant.

She was looking around with phone in her right hand when someone tackled her lightly, causing her to stumble and drop things she had in hands. The person was a middle-aged man wearing a black cap and navy sweater. They exchanged a glance for a second before he took her stuffs and ran away immediately.

Shimju quickly stood up but she wasn't able to chase after the man. She hurt her left knee as it hit the road hard enough. Frustrated, she couldn't even let out a scream to ask for help.

Two seconds after Shimju managed to stand still, Jungkook ran past her, chasing after the snatcher. He definitely surprised the man with his speed. Jungkook managed to stop him but the man pushed him away, letting go of Shimju's purse and phone to flee away.

Everything happened to quick, causing Jungkook to ask himself whether he should try to catch the man again or just return the purse to the girl he didn't even know.

He chose the latter.

Ten minutes ago, Jungkook was still in his home, tapping finger on phone screen in confusion. He wanted to delete the message from Taehyung and just pretended it never happened. At the same time, he knew it wouldn't be that simple.

Therefore Jungkook grabbed his jacket, wore his favorite shoes and headed out to the restaurant. He would explain that it's just a misunderstanding and he would not be involved in Hustle Life Club like people talked about.

Little did they know, the restaurant was only three blocks away from Jungkook's house. Shimju actually walked pass his house when Jungkook told his mother that he would leave for a while.

He witnessed the snatcher incident and, without second thought, his instinct just told him to help the person, definitely not knowing that they're both heading to the same direction. More importantly, without any idea that their fates would tangle.

And it was not only two of them who walked on that path to the restaurant.

While Jungkook tried his best to catch the snatcher, Yoongi was only thirty steps away from Shimju. He woke up late after pulling all-nighter to compose a new song. Usually he would be on a car with Seokjin because their houses were close but, today, he took a bus and walked to the restaurant from the nearest bus stop.

Yoongi was still sleepy but when he saw Jungkook running to chase someone, he blinked for multiple times, trying to assure himself that he just saw the new member of Hustle Life Club. When his eyes found a girl standing still, he froze as he realized that she was their new manager.

Moving his feet a little bit faster than usual, Yoongi approached Shimju who was checking her left knee. The girl sighed heavily, unsure if she should just continue walking to the meetup place or not. A split of second later, she knew she didn't really have a choice.

No phone. No wallet. She definitely needed to ask help from the Hustle Life Club.

"And on the first meeting, Hwan Shimju...," she muttered but stopped upon the approaching steps coming towards her. Shimju looked up to see Yoongi.

"Are you alright?" he asked her softly, glancing at the wound quickly. It didn't seem very bad but the blood was very much visible. "Can you walk?"

"A-Ah, yes... It's not that bad. I mean, yes, of course," Shimju stammered, didn't expect to meet one of the members before reaching the restaurant. "It's just so sudden that my phone and-"

Again, Shimju paused on her words as Jungkook was walking towards her with Shimju's belongings. Her face beamed, ignoring the fact that she actually recognized who he was. Limping a little bit, Shimju took small steps closer to Jungkook. Both the men were startled upon her sudden movements, afraid she would hurt herself.

"Thank you!" Shimju squaled as her fingers touched the purse. "Thank you very much for the help! I'm sorry for-"

The moment her eyes met with the younger one, Shimju was silenced for the third time that day. She just realized it was one of the most famous freshmen standing in front of her, helping her to retrieve her stuffs. Behind her stood one of the pioneers who made Hustle Life Club happened.

Jungkook was stunned as well, but more like because of the girl's reaction. He didn't know her nor the man behind her yet apparently both knew who he was before he even introduced himself.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, handing over the stuffs to the original owner, "You're welcome. Here. Be careful."

Turning around, he was ready to walk away when Yoongi offered Shimju a hand, "Let me help you."

Yoongi held her left hand gently using his left one while his right hand was on her right shoulder, escorting her way to their destination. Shimju, being surprised, almost pushed him away but she stood still, frozen on her stand instead.

Her senior frowned with confusion, wondering why she didn't move at all, "Is it really that hurt?"

Jungkook raised his eyebrows but didn't say a word until Yoongi looked at him and said, "Jeon Jungkook, can you go to the restaurant first and ask Jin to come with his car to pick us up?"

Jungkook pointed his finger to himself but quickly processed the words, "Oh... You're a member of Hustle Life Club? Sorry, I didn't know that-"

"It's okay," his senior cut his apology. "Just go and-"

It was Yoongi's turn to be dumbfounded by the youngest's action. Jungkook just squated down in front of Shimju so she could get on his back, "Get on. I can carry you to the restaurant."

"Oh, no, it's not necessary," the girl quickly refused. "I can walk. It's not that far away so-"

"Just hop on," Jungkook stated calmly, looking straight towards to their destination. "You said it yourself, it's not that far away. Come on. They're waiting."

Shimju was reluctant but the hesitation was even more obvious on Yoongi's face. Then again he let go of her hand, giving her gesture to accept Jungkook's offer.

And that was how the three of them met for the first time.