III.

Rainy Days

                        Yoseob cursed as he tried to keep the umbrella under his control. It was already 8 in the evening and the rain, accompanied by strong winds, still hadn’t stopped. The streets were empty. There wasn’t a taxi in sight. He had to get home; he had left Yanggaengie alone in the house and had just asked his neighbor to look after his dog. He pulled his jacket tighter around him with his free hand as the cold wind mercilessly seeped into his skin. It felt as cold as his broken heart, he thought bitterly.

                        A gust of wind blew the umbrella out of his hand. He cursed again, pulling his hood lower as he ran after the umbrella. He picked it up, realized it was damaged, and cursed again. He thought about running to his apartment since it was only a few blocks away when he felt the rain stop falling on his head.

                        Yoseob looked up and saw a blond guy holding an umbrella over both of them. The guy was looking at him with kind eyes and a warm smile. He had cute, heart-shaped lips, Yoseob observed. He realized he had been staring too long when the guy’s smile faltered.

                        “Is there something wrong?” the blond guy asked.

                        “No, no, nothing,” Yoseob managed. “I’m just…thankful.”

                        The blond guy chuckled. “Where are you going, anyway?”

                        “Home. I live down the street.” Yoseob pointed to the general direction of his apartment.

                        “I’m going that way, too. Uhh…do you want to go together?”

                        Yoseob looked at him suspiciously. He might look kind, but Yoseob had learned the hard way that looks can be deceiving. “I’ll be fine. Thanks for the offer, though.”

                        The blond guy looked worried. “Are you sure? It’s quite a long way off, it’s raining hard, and your umbrella is practically unusable.”

                        “Ugh, why does he have to be right?” Yoseob thought. “Is it really okay if I share that umbrella with you?” he asked the blond guy.

                        “Sure, it can cover both of us perfectly.” The blond guy smiled and put an arm around Yoseob’s shoulder. They walked towards the direction of his apartment.

                        When they were almost near the apartment building, Yoseob cleared his throat. “Thank you so much for helping me. This is where I live.”

                        The blond guy looked pleasantly surprised. “Oh, really? I live here too! I live on the 19th floor.”

                        They entered the elevator together. When Yoseob reached his floor, he saw the blond guy extending a hand.

                        “I’m sorry I forgot to introduce myself before,” the blond guy said. “My name’s Yong Junhyung.”

                        Yoseob smiled and shook Junhyung’s hand. “Yang Yoseob.” He let go of Junhyung’s hand and stepped out of the elevator.

                        “See you around.” Yoseob turned around and saw Junhyung smiling at him just as the elevator doors were about to close.

                        “Yeah, I hope to see you again,” Yoseob whispered, smiling to himself.

                        Perhaps rainy days have something good to offer, after all.

~~~~~~~~

End.

OH YEAH BEAST COMEBACK ON THE 27TH! AND A PRE-RELEASE ON THE 20TH! #Ordinary #일하러가야돼