Fin

Missing You

"Annyeong, Hami-ah!" Seunghyun waves his hands towards the baby that seems she just woke up from her nap.

 

It was a day off for him and now all Seunghyun wants is just staying at home with his little daughter. He looked at his daughter, and he would always smile. Look at that round eyes and chubby cheek. Seunghyun always wants to pinch it. And everytime he hears her laugh, Seunghyun thought there's nothing more beautiful in this world beside his daughter laugh.

 

Suddenly Hami's blank expression from her nap disappeared and she began crying just like a baby would do.

 

"Aigoo, what's wrong, Hami-ah? Are you hungry? Let dad grab the milk first, arasso?"

 

Seunghyun moved from his state and began to make the milk for Hami. Less than a minute, he already back from kitchen to Hami's bed.

 

He now picked up Hami and carried her carefully before he took a seat on the house's living room.

 

"Look at what dad brought, Hami-ah!" Seunghyun showed the baby bottle of milk to his daughter and smiled cheerfully, which made Hami suddenly laughed as if she follows her dad's expression.

 

As he fed her, Seunghyun couldn't help his mind to not drift into wonders.

 

 

Look, Soorin-ah.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

It was finally the weekend, one thing that could comfort Seunghyun's mind was now he didn't need to be in rush since there's no work.

 

He already planned what he would do today though. He realizes that work made him quite busy that he couldn't enjoy outside world if there's no a day off like this. Fortunate enough that he was still be able to get back home below 8 PM after work.

 

A familiar cry interrupted his thought, and quickly made him to go to the source of crying.

 

As Seunghyun reached Hami's bed, he instantly knew what's up. Swiftly he carried Hami to change her diapers. After it was all finishes, Seunghyun couldn't help but not share a smile to her daughter. Waking up every day in the morning was a bless for him as he can face the angelic face of Hami. It just instantly made his day.

 

"Let's have some breakfast outside, don't you think that sounds nice, Hami-ah?" Seunghyun hummed while carried Hami once again to prepare her needs in order for them both to go out.

 

Seunghyun remembered all things he needs to prepare for Hami to go out without a list on a post it. Taking care of things like this were getting easy now, he remembered though, back then at the early days he was pretty confused about these baby things.

 

 

"So where would you like to go, Hami-ah? I quite have this place i would like to go."

 

Hami only replies with a small laugh while she keeps playing with the toy in her hands.

 

"Glad that we have a same thought" Seunghyun chuckled and Hami's hair softly and safely pushed the gas pedal, leaving the house for a daytrip.

 

 

 

Seunghyun carried Hami in a baby bag in front of his chest, while walking around the empty park.

 

The park was beautiful if it was actually can be classified as a park. There were only two benches on the edge of the park. It was empty though, and Seunghyun still hasn't found the reason why would this beautiful place is empty. Even though there were people that walked pass the park but they didn't really go spending their time on this park.

 

Seunghyun took a seat on one of those benches and let a breath out heavily.

 

Hami seemed like she was looking at her father, as if she was asking, why would you sighed that heavily. But seconds later she already is busy with her toy in her hands.

 

It was a good day actually, the weather was nice a little bit windy and the sun was up there but not that had nor humid.

 

"Now let's we eat the breakfast, shall we?" Seunghyun smiled to Hami as he get the breakfast that he bought on the cafe earlier ready. And Hami would get some mashed avocado that her dad has prepared for her before the trip.

 

Seunghyun patiently fed her a little bit by bit, and he knows how thankful he is right now. Just by doing this with his precious daughter was completely giving him happiness.

 

 

Look, Soorin-ah.

 

 

---

 

 

It was raining hard. Very hard.

 

 

And do you know that there is a secret behind the rain?

 

 

Seunghyun found himself just finished the report for today, and he quickly shut down his laptop and clear the things that scattered on his studio's desk. After bidding a goodbye for his fellow workmates. He quickly rushed off into his Range Rover to pick up Hami from the childcare.

 

 

He was awake enough to know how hard the rain is right now, and all he want is how his ears suddenly go deaf so he wouldn't hear those harsh sound of the pouring rain.

 

 

Dont. Jebal.

 

 

He didn't have any choice unless to get his car ride faster that he hoped it would distract him for this bloody memories.

 

 

 

 

It has been a whole 6 months.

 

Don't you think you were too harsh on me, God?

 

 

 

The rain was still there when Seunghyun and his daughter reached home.

 

It was bloody agonizing for Seunghyun to drive along through the pouring rain until he got to pick Hami up. It feels a little bit better.

 

Hami was still sleeping after the ride from childcare to home, so Seunghyun put her at her bed right off they reached the house.

 

 

 

His work has ended today and he had pick up her daughter and now she was sleeping. Seunghyun didn't know why does he busy himself with such trivia of what he did today. He thought there was something missing that he hasn't done today but he needs to, but he seemed can't find the answer.

 

 

He decides to make a cup of coffee and sat comfortably in front of the TV that he just turned it on.

 

 

When will this rain going to stop?

 

 

He realized now. As the voice of waters fall to the ground, he realized that he was beyond pathetic. His tears came out slowly, and he know that this time is different. Clearly ignoring the TV in front.

 

Seunghyun was so familiar with this kind of feeling. But today it was so different, he even let himself crying again after that day. He could feel that the feeling was now replaced with sadness and loneliness.

 

"Why?" Seunghyun murmured to no one. He was so pathetic, he thought. And he thought, that he couldn't do this anymore.

 

 

 

It has been 6 months...

 

Soorin-ah, please come back for me. Please come back to me.

 

 

---

 

 

It was a day off again, and as usual Seunghyun would spend it with his lovely daughter to stay at home or going outside. Today going outside was the choice as he planned before.

 

 

Hami was inside the baby bag backpacker again just like everytime she was going out with her father.

 

Seunghyun keep walking with a flower in his right hand, until he found the tomb that he was looking for.

 

"Hami, say hi to your mother!" Seunghyun again talked cheerfully, as he waved Hami's hand to the tomb they were facing at.

 

"I miss your mother so much, don't you know, Hami-ah?"

 

Seunghyun nodded and smile, "I know you miss her too," he then paused before he continued again, now looking at the tomb, "Soorin-ah, we're both really missing you."

 

 

 

Look, Soorin-ah. Hami's smiling, and she is so much looking like you. Don't you feel like joining us, Soorin-ah?

 

 

---

 

 

 

The sirens of ambulance that has just delivered the patient and the voice of pouring rain were still soaring and it still can be heard even Seunghyun was already running in emergency corridor. With the paramedics and some doctors that approached, they all rushed to bring the lying woman into an emergency room.

 

As the door was closed, All Seunghyun could do was only praying that his wife and his future child would face no danger.

 

 

 

 

After painful hours to wait for, the doctor finally came out from the operation room as Soorin needed to be transformed into one as soon as they were checking up on her inside the ER room.

 

"How's my wife and my child, doctor?" Seunghyun couldn’t hide the anxiety and his fear.

 

"Your child was fortunately safe, but now she needed to get into the NICU." The doctor took a breath for a second, until he continued, "But your wife is in coma right now, We already transferred her into another room, you can visit her but her condition is quite weak right now. Be strong, Seunghyun-ssi."

 

Without any further thinking he was in rush walking to the room where Soorin take a rest at. As he opened the door and see how Soorin lying weakly upon the hospital bed, with all medical equipment that she needed, his heart broke into pieces as if it wasn’t broken before.

 

"Mianhae, Soorin-ah…" He couldn’t stop his tears to not come out, as he buried his head while his hand held her hand tightly. He was so afraid, so afraid, if it was an understatement. His brain couldn’t function right now, the feal that came shadowing her right now was cruel as hell. He couldn’t think what he would do if Soorin would ever leave him.

 

Seunghyun also couldn’t stop to rethink again about how that crash when he drives Soorin to hospital for her final check up on the baby happened. And everytime the pictures came to his mind, the pain was so real like he was experiencing it again for real.

 

It should be me who lying like this, not you, Soorin-ah.

 

 

----

 

 

It was days after and a baby inside Seunghyun's arm was sleeping peacefully. Her name is Hami just like Seunghyun and Soorin wanted the name when Hami was still inside.

 

 

Suddenly the nurse knocked and tell Seunghyun that Hami could back to sleep in her baby bed, if he wanted. After the nurse takes care of Hami and left Seunghyun alone with Soorin. The coma Soorin.

 

The eyebags were there, the tired look couldn’t be hidden anymore, it was drawn upon his face.

 

"Soorin-ah, I think you need to know this. Our beautiful baby is healthy and she is so beautiful. Just like you. Don’t you want to meet her? Then, wake up, Soorin-ah." Seunghyun keep talking as if Soorin was able to respon him when she clearly have no capability to do that.

 

"I miss you so much, please wake up soon." Seunghyun murmured desperately, as he hoped that God would hear his prayer and grant it for the best.

 

 

 

 

But the time wouldn’t come in the end, Seunghyun was very afraid right now and the anxiety that contains regret, fear, rage was all over his face. He watched the doctor and nurses that is busy tried their best to recover Soorin back. There was a sudden change upon her condition, that it suddenly drop to worse.

 

He prayed, and prayed, until it was like a stab, one big stab, when he heard the doctor told him,

 

"I'm sorry, Seunghyun-ssi, we tried our best." He let out a heavy breath, clearly not happy with the result that just came up.

 

 

 

"Time of death. 17:36."