Chapter Six

Catch Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six;

 

August 13
Seoul, South Korea

According to J’s information, Lee Jihoon was a man of habit. It was something that we were going to have to take advantage of if we wanted to rid him of his painting. 

Lee knew very little about art, but like to collect expensive paintings and pretend otherwise. The painting was inside a safe which was inside a locked room in the basement of his estate. Joonmyun would be able to deal with the safe, but the room was unlocked only a special password that was changed every Sunday. Therefore, we had a window of exactly seven days in order to learn the password of the week and steal the painting, or else we could have to start over again. 

Sehun hacked into the cameras outside of Lee Jihoon’s house, a sprawling estate in Seoul, and we spent a few days observing his behavior and formulating a plan. This was much harder than the heiress job. A painting was harder to steal, and the size also made it hard to move. Also, getting the password in time was going to be the hardest part.    

Jongin tailed the head of security at Lee’s estate around for two days, then got friendly with him over drinks at the bar. Jongin could handle his alcohol like no other, and got some more information out of the drunk man. 

Lu Han was tasked with getting the supplies that Yixing would need in order to make a replica of the painting. Several canvases, the right type of paint and brushes. Everything was the same type that Berendzen used. 

“It just needs to look real enough to fool Lee for now,” Minseok explained. 

“You say that like it’s going to be easy,” Yixing grumbled. “I’m going to have to soak the canvas to make it look more aged. I need to start as soon as I can.”

Jongin learned from the drunk head of security that Lee changed the password to the room every week using his smartphone, which was done in a code that only he knew. The only way that we would be able to get the password would be to get and crack the code. Good thing we had Jongin, who was an expert in codes and ciphers. 

Jongdae and his team came up with most of the plan. Jongin also learned that Lee Jihoon was planning on taking a trip to Macau in two days. He was meeting up with some old friends, doing some gambling. It was our best chance of getting access to his phone. 

“Minseok, Mina – take Sehun with you to Macau.”

“Why both of us?” I asked at once. “Can’t you just send Minseok?”

Jongdae just gave me a look, knowing that I knew the answer already. Minseok and I were the experts in burglary after all. 

“The real question is why I have to go with them,” Sehun muttered under his breath. “It’s like a war zone between those two.”

“Take Chanyeol too,” Jongdae conceded. 

Sehun perked up. Out of everyone, he seemed to get along with Chanyeol the most for some reason. Chanyeol and Joonmyun were the only two that he called hyung even though all of the guys were all older than him. 

I turned to peek at Minseok, but he seemed to be focused just on the chocopie in his hand. That jerk. 

 

August 16
Novos Aterros do Porto Exterior, Macau

Macau was nicknamed the Monte Carlo of the Orient for good reason. This was my first time in Macau, surprisingly. We had arrived a day before Lee Jihoon and checked into a suite at the Wynn Macau where Lee was going to be staying to get a feel for the place. The Wynn room was entirely luxurious, with lush carpeting and a beautiful view through the large windows. We had booked a two bedroom suit and Sehun and Chanyeol had immediately claimed one of the beds, forcing Minseok to be the gentleman and offer to take the couch so I got the other bed. 

After making sure everything was set, the guys decided to enjoy the rest of the night and went down to check out the casino for themselves. I decided to stay in and settled down to watch a movie after a hot shower. 

Minseok was the first to get back and he seemed surprised to see me up. Maybe he thought I would have gone to sleep early. 

“Beautiful place, isn’t it?” he asked, throwing the curtains aside to get a look outside. “A view of water, just your style.”

It felt like an attack, then though I knew Minseok was just stating a fact. I fought back a snarky retort, knowing that it was not going to do any good. Fighting Minseok was tiring, and it felt like a battle that I would never win. He knew me too well, more than anyone else. Maybe it would just be better to ignore him. Indifference had to be less exhausting.

“I’m going to take a shower and order room service,” he called over his shoulder, crossing obnoxiously between me and the TV. He tossed his blazer next to me and loosened his tie, pulling out the loops as he walked. 

“Can’t you at least wait until you’re in the bathroom to strip?” I asked. There was little bite in my voice, and Minseok paused for a moment, surprised at my teasing tone. 

“Nothing you haven’t seen before,” he replied, moving on to the buttons on his shift. 

I saw the ghost of a smirk on his face. 

“Well, it’s been two years and you’re getting kind of old. Things could have changed.”

Minseok considered it for a moment. “I’m on an upward trend,” he said finally, letting out a cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter