Chapter 3

Tell That To Somebody Who Cares
A single tear fell from Eunhyuk's eyes. For a few seconds, silence plagued the rooftop.
'Hey...' Donghae started. He couldn't help but feel like for making the beauty before him cry. 'Why are u crying?' 
Eunhyuk stared at him, amazed at how oblivious the guy standing before him was. Realising that the hints were going nowhere, Eunhyuk decided to just drop the bomb. 
'Please stop courting me...' 
'And why would i do that?' 
 
Eunhyuk barely stopped his eyes from rolling all the way China. 'Because you're making it very difficult for me. I'm not what you hope i am, so please stop screwing with my life.' Eunhyuk pleaded, not forgetting to add a slight whimper every now and then. In reality, he was not that affected by Donghae taking interest in him, just annoyed. So he figured if the guy was really so head-over-heels about him, maybe he would be concerned enough to back down if he saw how tortured and cornered Eunhyuk felt because of him, he would back off. 
 
Donghae looked at him apologetically, 'You know i can't do that. I cannot control who my heart chooses, neither can i stop myself from loving you. Backing down is no longer an option for me i'm afraid.' Donghae explained. 
 
Eunhyuk was flustered. This was not how he had imagined it would go down. He expected a mediocre degree tear fest and a hug from Donghae, who will then proceed to leaving him alone. He had pulled this stunt on the previous two 'problems' as well, and they got out of his hair within the next two day. Turns out, brand Donghae gum is stickier than he planned for. Time to pull out the big guns. 
 
'Okay, you can keep suiting me, but there's no good way this can end. I didn't want to tell you this, but i have... Er... A thing going on with my health and the doctor said i had five... No three months left.' Eunhyuk impromptued the last bit, he really didn't think it'll have to come to this.
'Is that so? I guess i'm only courting you for three months then.' Donghae said, ending it with a nod and made his way to the stairs. 
Eunhyuk watched him go in disbelief, too shocked to even curse at him. What the hell was that? Donghae is officially an A Grade douchebag. Eunhyuk's not even really terminal but he still felt furious. One does not simply say that to a 'sick' person. 
 
'Oh and uh,' Donghae stopped by the rooftop exit. 'Next time you might want to consider bringing along some ketchup on a tissue to add dramatic effect.' And leaving it at that, he disappeared out of sight. 
 
——
'Heechul! Kill me! Now!' Eunhyuk screamed across the classroom, ignoring the judgemental look classmates were giving him. 
'Hyung. Heechul HYUNG.' The campus diva shouted back at him. 'And what happened between you and your Bae this time?' 
'Firstly, we are in the same grade, and it's not my fault you didn't clear your exams two years straight. So i take it that we're the same age, Heechul.' Eunhyuk said, earning a glare from the older/ same aged guy. 'And secondly, he's not my Bae. If anything, it's anyone else before him.' 
'Yeah yeah whatever. What's the problem now?' Heechul asked, and Eunhyuk planted himself on his seat. 'So the dickhead asked me-'...
 
——
Meanwhile, on the other side of campus, Donghae was with hanging out with his friends, Hankyung and Yesung. 
'So, how did it go? My twenty bucks are waiting you know.' Hankyung said.
'Eunhyuk's a tough one, but i'm working on it.' Donghae replied, 'He actually tried to pull a 'final days' on me, but i've rejected my fair share of people to know the oldest tricks in the book.' 
'Why did you want to make this bet to begin with though? I doubt twenty bucks is worth all this trouble.' Yesung butted in, honestly confused at his friend's actions. 
'For fun.' Donghae replied. 
 
————
A/N: Okay. I swear Donghae's not an in this fic. Don't let this horribly written chapter fool you. C'mon, he's my ultimate bias! I would never do that to him. My writing tends to when i write bits and pieces each day. Haha i'm literally rushing this last part during recess.