Chapter 2

Tell That To Somebody Who Cares

'No thank you.' Eunhyuk answered and carried on scrolling through his Tumblr dash.   

'Aww, come on. We all know there're only two kinds of people in this world. The person who has me, and the people who want me. So what's your problem?' Donghae questioned, not expecting the nonchalance he was getting from the latter.  

'Is that so? ' The older boy shrugged. 'Seems like i'm the only one who couldn't give two about you then.' And with that, Eunhyuk shoved his phone back into his pocket and waltzed out, leaving a dumbstruck Donghae and fifteen pissed females in the classroom. 

 
'Geez. What's wrong with that guy?' Eunhyuk complained as he sat down at his table. 
'Guy who? Wrong how? Oh my goodness gracious Lee Hyukjae. Did u get hit on again? You know, if u keep doing my job, i'll seriously ki—' 
'Shut up.' Eunhyuk snapped. 'I didn't get hit on, i got shat on. What two types of people? How much more narcissistic can that person get? This one is filled to the brim with bull. You want him Hyung? You can have him.' 
Heechul then proceeded to process all the information thrown at him, slowly piecing them together. 
'Lee Donghae is interested in you?!' Heechul whispered harshly, knowing that name will definitely turn some heads. 'How? He's the campus's infamous Casanova, sure, but he's homo? Or is he bi? Yes definitely bi...' Heechul trailed off, probably thinking his entire life had been a lie.
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and looked out the window, suddenly feeling immense weight on his shoulders. What has he gotten himself into? 
 
--
Another bouquet of roses... Another note asking to meet him on the roof after class... Another day for Eunhyuk. 
 
So it's been a week since Donghae's confession, and the boy doesn't seem to take 'no' for an answer. Defeated, Eunhyuk swung his bag onto the floor and slumped back into his seat. He has tried rejecting Donghae in all the ways possible and it seems like the rejection just drives Donghae on even more. A note a day is fair enough but a fresh bouquet of roses each day? Now that's just wasteful. Suddenly, a lightbulb lit up in his head, Eunhyuk had an idea. 
 
After class, Eunhyuk made his way up to to the roof, where Donghae said he would be waiting. As he climbed up the steps, Eunhyuk stifled one yawn after another so by the time he reached the top, his eyes were glistening. He scanned the roof and quickly noticed a figure leaning by the railing and fiddling with his phone. Eunhyuk had to admit though, Donghae looked really good for a 17 year old, considering the rest of the male school population either had braces on or really a serious acne problem. In fact, with the sun shining upon him at the right angle and a convenient breeze from behind ushering his short brown locks to the front of his face and over his eyes, Donghae looked flawless. 
'What the hell am i thinking?' Eunhyuk mumbled in realisation. Shaking that sinful thought off his mind, Eunhyuk made his way over. 
 
As Eunhyuk approached him, Donghae quickly took notice of the grimace on Eunhyuk's face before he saw tears in Eunhyuk's eyes. Donghae's heart broke instantly, as though the most precious thing to him just got crushed before his eyes. He didn't know the reason for the tears, but mentally slapped himself nonetheless for pestering the other who is obviously going through a hard time. Little did he know the hardest thing Eunhyuk is going through right now was trying to keep his tears in. It took him a lot of effort (or yawns) to collect the tears, he needed to wait for the right time before spilling them. 
 
————
A/N: Are my chapters too short? I'm taking the O'levels (very important) this year so school days are lengthened to 12 hours a day. Also i usually write the chapters on my phone in one sitting in case i lose my train of thoughts the next day. Hence the short chapters. Sorry ^^
Oh yeah! Would u guys like me to update frequently or put some time between each chapter? Like... For the anticipation? Idk, heard that some people liked that. Anyways, Thanks for reading my fanfic!