The Other Side

[PJM, KTH] Collection of VMin Oneshots ♥

“We live in adjacent apartments and our bedrooms are on opposite sides of a very thin wall and one night I heard you crying and talked to you through the wall” AU

 

Taehyung strained his ears in his room, because he swore to himself that he heard a noise. He took a baseball bat from behind his room’s door and carefully walked into his room, the bat in his hand for protection. He listens carefully, trying to pick up any sound. He then heard someone blowing his nose. He turns towards the sound and realised its coming from the wall behind his bed. He placed an ear on the wall and sure thing, there is somebody crying behind the wall, in his neighbour’s apartment.

He had never met his next-door neighbour before but he heard he is good-looking and cute, it’s a bummer that he had never seen him before. He heard sobbing and more nose-blowing and Taehyung realises that his neighbour is having a bad time. Taehyung sits on his bed and leaned his back against the wall, knocking on the wall experimentally. It became silent on the other side before he heard someone knocked back on the same wall. Taehyung smiled.

“Hey, are you alright? You don’t sound good.” Taehyung said.

“I-I’m fine.” The other person said, and honestly, even with a wall in between, Taehyung knows how soft and silky the voice is.

“Wanna talk about it? I’m here.” Taehyung said.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” The other replied. Taehyung frowned.

“Why not? I’m being a good neighbour here.”

“You’ll laugh at me.”

“No I won’t. I don’t judge people easily.”

It got silent after a while before he heard a mumble.

“What? I can’t hear you.” Taehyung said.

“I’m watching Big Hero 6.” The other said louder.

It took Taehyung a full good minute to digest what the other said before he let out a huge laugh, rolling on the bed with his legs kicking up in the air. Taehyung had thought that perhaps the other had just broken up with his partner or something bad had happen to him, but no, he is crying because of a children movie. Taehyung sat up on his bed, tears in his eyes as he leaned against the wall again.

“I told you that you will laugh. You .” The other said after Taehyung finally calmed down.

“Sorry, but I really thought something bad happened to you.”

“Not forgiven.”

“Oh come on. Cookies and milk as an apology?” Taehyung offered.

It became silent again.

“I’ve unlocked the door.” The other replied.

Taehyung rushed to his kitchen, taking out a bunch of cookies he had bought and a carton of milk before walking to his neighbour’s apartment. He gave two knocks before unlocking the door himself. He walked to the room and opened the door, seeing a cute boy, red eyes, blushing face staring back at him.

“Nice.” Taehyung complimented before walking into the room, locking the door behind him. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, im back. Sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy with school and tests. Anyways, hope you like the update. The AU is taken from here.