Reciprocated

Cumulus ( SeulKai and MinRene One Shot Collections )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Pairing: Seulgi x Kai ]   

 

Jongin was quietly chewing the churros that he got while staring blankly on the floor. Kyungsoo intentionally squeezed himself beside Jongin and grabbed a piece of the snack without even asking the guy next to him. 

"Are you that tired today? You're not yet even reaching the half of your shift. We still got twenty-one hours more to go." Kyungsoo mentioned while munching the churros soundly. Jongin sighed softly and shook his head lightly before looking up to the older one next to him. 

"I think I'm already tired of waiting." Jongin handed Kyungsoo the rest of his snacks before stretching his arms.  

"How long are you going to wait for her? You've been courting her for almost three and a half years and her 'yes' still seems vague." Kyungsoo mumbled while chewing. Jongin wore a poker face while toying the pen he pulled out from his pocket. 

"I noticed she became cold a year ago until now. She barely talks to me on Skype and her replies were getting shorter as days went by. First, I just let it pass since I understand she's busy there too studying and working but as time went by I felt she's no longer interested. I am trying to ignore things like that cause part of me still wanted to wait a little more. 

His eyebrows furrowed and shook his head before letting out a snort. 

"If I were you Jongin, I'd stop pursuing her. Signs are obvious that she's no longer interested. There's also a probability that she already found someone. Perhaps she's dating a British guy now." 

Jongin's eyes darted towards Kyungsoo and shot glares. On the otherhand, one of Kyunsoo's thick brows raised. 

"Hyung,"

"Don't be a , kid. Don't go wasting your time chasing after someone who shows lack of interest in keeping in touch with you. I'm two years older than you, if you know what I mean." 

At the back of his mind, Jongin knew Kyungsoo's right. Even though they have known each other for a long time and became close until Seulgi became overwhelmed with her job and barely found time keeping in touch with him. However, he somehow still feels the urge to keep on waiting for her. After all, he promised her he'll always wait for her. 

The two guys' conversation was halted when they heard the announcer paging for medical residents. Even if he's already exhausted, Jongin let the toxicity of his job swallow him up, using it as a way to get away with his issues with his 'vague relationship.'

 

 January 8, 2015

 Oxford, England

 Thirty minutes passed and Seulgi was still unstoppably finding a flight back to Seoul that would fit her desired schedule. 

"This is ridiculous! How come there are no longer available flights earlier than 14?" Seulgi ranted in Korean while her fingers grasp the blonde strands of her hair. She snapped when she heard a soft chuckle behind her. 

"Hey." She mumbled abruptly upon noticing the tall guy standing behind her seat. 

"I wonder what's pissing my dear friend." His words were perfectly uttered in British accent as his brow raised. 

"Oh, well, I'm trying to book a flight but I can't seem to find one that would fit my schedule." Seulgi replied flawlessly in English. Even though she had been staying in England for five years, she has managed to adapt the country's lanuage very well. 

"When do you plan to fly back to Seoul anyway?" Louis asked, crossing his arms and slightly inching near the laptop screen. 

"I want to be back to Seoul before the fourteenth." 

Louis' nodded slowly and smirked. 

"Before your boyfriend's birthday, I see." 

Seulgi's eyes rolled. 

"He's not yet my boyfriend." 

"Okay, soon to be boyfriend." Louis mumbled after faking a cough. He liked to tease his friend whenever he gets a chance to do it. He liked the fact that Seulgi couldn't deny her feelings towards the guy who's been courting her for three years. 

"Stop it, Louis." Seulgi snorted and Louis pulled a chair and sat next to Seulgi. 

"Is that one final?" He asked, he knew Seulgi got what he meant when he got a nod from her. 

"I suppose one year's enough. I better show up to him as soon as possible in order to clear up everything." 

Louis nodded in agreement. He cleared his throat before letting his mouth speak words.

"You better be, or he might change his mind and pursue somebody else instead. Like I always tell you, us guys would love to see you ladies reciprocating our efforts. We need to feel special and appreciated too. I believe relationships would last longer if both parties would reciprocate each other's efforts." 

"Thanks a lot, Louis. You've been a geat help." Seulgi's lips slightly formed a toothless smile, which made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter