Laundry Day

Cumulus ( SeulKai and MinRene One Shot Collections )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Pairing: Mino x Irene ] 

 

"Minguk, do you watch umma do the laundry?" Mino ask without glancing behind his son as he was busy scanning the containers of deterent soap, fabric softener, bleach and other laundry stuffs. 

"Not really, appa." Minguk chirped while shaking his head no. Mino puffed his cheeks and sighed. He barely touched the laundry since it was his wife who often did it, except for now. Irene had to be away for three days for a business trip that's why Mino had no choice but to do the laundry. 

"I have an idea, appa!" Minguk blurted cheerfully, making his father turn to him an eyebrow raised. 

"What is it?" 

Minguk playfully pointed towards Mino's phone placed on top of the shelf. 

"Why don't we call umma?" Minguk suggested tapping his chin. 

"But she's probably busy right now. We might disturb her." Mino told and crossed his arms. He hummed and eyed the laundry basket while thinking what to do first.  

Ten minutes later, the father and son were already wearing rubber gloves. Minguk sat on top of one of the shelves as he handed the pieces of clothes one after another, then the blankets, few bed sheets and the pillow cases. When everything was already inside the washing machine, Mino sprinkled detergent soap, as much as he can inside the washing machine. Minguk the poured a cup full of fabric softener and then Mino added one third cup of bleach before closing the lid of the machine and pressing the 'START' button. The two boys playfully did the laundry, acting like scientists mixing some sort of chemicals. When they were done, they exchanged high fives and went straight to the kitchen to grab some snacks. 

The two boys were enjoying a pack of cheese crackers and some baked muffins while watching 'Big Hero 6' in the living room when Mino's phone rang. He grabbed the remote to reduce the volume before answering the call. 

"Hey, babe!" Mino greeted while grinning, as if Irene was infront of him. 

"Oh hey.. I just called to check up on you two. How are you there?" Irene spoke over the phone. Meanwhile, when Minguk sensed it was his mom who was on the phone, he immediately went to sit on his dad's lap and called out to his mom over the phone. 

"Umma!!" 

"We're all good, everything's okay, babe. Don't worry." Mino told confidently and exchanged high fives with his son. 

"Wanna tell umma what we did today?" He winked at Minguk and Minguk eagerly went to grab the phone as soon as his dad handed it to him. 

"We did the laundry umma!" Minguk proudly spoke while holding the phone next to his left ear.  

 "Really? Very good, baby!! Umma's gonna get you a present for that." Irene praised cheerfully over the phone which made Minguk grin widely. 

"I want bingsu umma!" Minguk chirped and he immediately earned his mom's yes. On the other hand, Mino pouted his lips and turned his voice from deep one into a cute one. 

"What about me, babe?" Mino earned a sigh and a chuckle over the phone. 

"Hey, don't tell me I won't getting anything." Irene continued to laugh at her husband's silliness. 

"Of course, it's a surprise. Don't be silly."  She sniggere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter