Review from Kaleidoscope Kreations

노래를 가르쳐줘~ Teach me how to sing

Fanfiction Title: 노래를 가르쳐줘~ Teach Me How to Sing
Author: Harumi95
Reviewer: Hainexazien


Title: 4/5
I could somewhat see how you came up with the title, and how it connects to the story, but I’ve actually seen titles that are somewhat close to yours or even with the same title. Though it may be a good title from one perspective, it could be improved and it lacks creativity. I added a bonus because I really like characters in the title (Like Korean, Chinese, and Japanese Characters) aside from the English, because it somewhat separates that Fanfiction from the others, so good job on that! Usually, the thesaurus could be a good resource in finding a title suitable for your Fanfiction, as one-worded titles are most likely to capture one’s attention the most (Mainly words with depth), and so I recommend you doing that on your next Fanfiction if you’re thinking of what to name your Fanfic!


Background/Poster: 5/5
Like you said, it’s still in the process of being made, so I gave you the five marks for bonus!


Forewords: 5/10
Though I somewhat liked your quote (Is that what it is?) in the forewords, I wasn’t so sure about the grammar itself in the quote. I mean, if you’ve taken it from soompi forums (Like it says on the bottom of the page, in which I’m not sure whether it’s from that source or not), I would understand it being a translation and lacking somewhat of some grammar, but if you wrote it, I think that the flow of the sentences could be improved. The forewords were fairly short, and rather than only having such a ‘quote’ in the forewords, you could possibly have more quotes or a little prologue of the story, as well as a description of the characters. When glancing at your forewords page, I was stunned at the little amount of words used. Remember that the forewords could be the first impression of your story, and the hook which could lead them to continue reading your story. Such a foreword would not be able to bring me to continue reading your story without the next chapter posted.


Plot: 13/15
Since I’m not quite sure whether your Fanfiction is still continuing or whether it’s really a one-shot (Like you’ve stated in the request, but I found two chapters), I wasn’t quite sure if I only read part of the plot or whether I’ve already read the complete plot (As the Fanfiction doesn’t state that it’s completed.), though I can tell you that your setting is quite unique and very different from what I usually read, so good job! Though the words ‘Teach me how to sing’ really reminds me of many other fanfics I’ve read having the same concept.


Creativity/Originality: 15/15
Like I’ve stated above, your setting was really unique, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of such a story starting with such a setting, so I really admired that! Good Job! Full marks here!


Flow: 10/10
The flow wasn’t too fast or too slow! I really liked it! Keep it up!


Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 8/10
There weren’t many mistakes spotted in the Fanfiction other than the little flow problems in the beginnings with the quotes. The Vocabulary itself could’ve been expanded though; though using simple and easily understandable words could lead to more understanding, but adding words with depth every once in a while wouldn’t hurt, and could even lead the reader to learning more words and expanding their vocabulary! Words with depth have the ability to sometimes describe images ever more than simple words can.


Characterizations: 5/15
As it is always hard to develop characterizations for the characters in a story in a one-shot, it can be achieved. I didn’t really learn much about the two characters (excluding Taemin and his curiosity). You could somewhat describe their personalities a bit more throughout the story so that the readers could be able to predict just what they would do next in a situation due to their familiarity with their personalities. Characterizations could be improved, and more detail could be added towards the description. Like I’ve recommended earlier, you could add descriptions of their personalities in the forewords if you really wanted.

Writing Style: 9/10
I really liked your writing style! Keep it up! You’re doing a great job~!


Overall Enjoyment: 5/5
First of all, I have to apologize if I have offended you in anyway. These are just my opinions about your fanfiction, and I hope that you’ll be able to use this review as guide for future writings. I’ve got to admit, I was quite anxious about reading your Fanfic, as you have stated that it would be hinting if looked at closely, and I myself was not a big fan of . But after reading, I realized that it only hinted , and there wasn’t really included into the story. So I really enjoyed it~ and I hope that this review really helps you in writing!

Total: 79/100

Hope you have a great day, and thank-you for choosing Kaleidoscope Kreations!

 

Labels:

 




- OKAY :D I'm totally happy with that >w< but the hm... You're right, I need to make the characters a little more flowing and unique ^^;;

- OH YEAH - well, actually... The review was originally for the first chapter only, but I totally forgot about it and made like a crack prologue to go with it for one of my friends T________T it was totaly rushed, so when you told me that you had finished your review, I was like 0________0 .

 

-BUT. It turned out well, so I'm very happy with it ^^ THANK YOU~!