five

Good to You

FOUR YEARS LATER

(2019)

Aleisha wakes up the next morning, hair disheveled and the ray of sunlight hitting her face. A groan left as she sat up, looking around to see that the bed was bigger than usual and so was the room. What the hell?

"I got to be dreaming." She muttered to herself, reaching her hand down to pinch her arm. Something as weird as this has to be a dream, but judging from the fresh new marks on her arm and her continuous wincing, it's as real as can be.

She got out of bed and raised her eyebrow when she saw a note on the opposite side of the bed. Her hands reached for the small piece of paper and began to read it in her head.

"Last night was amazing, babe.

But you seem to always forget to keep it down

Made you breakfast before I went to work, enjoy ♡."

The second statement made her quickly grab her robe, wrapping herself up good. She doesn't remember having anyone over before she went to bed last night. All she can think was who was the creep that implied that they did the deed? Aleisha crumbled up the paper and tossed it behind her and walked out of the room.

A gasp left when she stepped out, the hall was way longer than it used to be. Different art pieces and portraits were hanging from the wall, even a huge Effiel Tower one that she always told Jungkook she wanted. The sudden thought of him caused her eyes to drift and head further down the hall. The door to her grandmother's bedroom was nowhere to be found. 

"Grandma?" Aleisha called out, waiting for a reply. 

No one answered back.

"Are you seriously not dressed yet?" A voice said from behind her.

"AHHHHH!!!" Aleisha turned around with her leg up in a karate pose. She doesn't condone strangers, but the person that spoke to her seemed harmless. The girl was quite tall with long, brown hair. She was dressed in a white blouse, a black pencil skirt, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin Heels. Aleisha remembers the specific brand since she begged to have them for her sixteenth birthday, only to be told that she'll look like a stumbling giraffe by her mother if she ever did buy them.

"W-Who are you?" She asked the girl, slowly bringing her leg down.

The girl sighed in response and rushed over to her. "God, you didn't drink that much last night did you? I'm Krystal, your best-friend? An introduction that's not even worth doing. I always tell Namjoon not to let you drink a night before work."

"Namjoon? Who the hell is that?" Aleisha questioned, as Krystal pushed her inside of her room.

"Your boyfriend. Now hurry up and shower!" 

Before she can ask her more questions, Krystal hurriedly shoved her into the bathroom and closed the door. Aleisha didn't bother to waste time and started to undress, but when she looked up she stopped. She was looking into the mirror and saw that she no longer looked like a teen, but instead a 20 year old woman. The baby fat from her face has disappeared and her hair was way longer. 

Her hand slowly went up and cautiously touched her face.

"What is going on?"


Aleisha never got the chance to continue asking Krystal questions, when she pretty much pushed them both into a taxi and told the driver the directions to wherever they were going, and bringing her phone to her ear. It sounded like a business call and it seemed very important but she was talking as if she was chatting with a friend. 

"Here," She handed Aleisha a bottle of water and looked up at her. "The last thing the company needs is for you to turn up with a headache. We have important things that need to be handled." 

Company? What company? Aleisha's eyes went to the window of the cab and noticed the scenery. She has lived in LA all her life but she wasn't a fool to not recognize the Statue of Liberty. Is she seriously in New York right now? 

Excitement started to run through her body as she took everything in.

"Oh my god! I never knew we were in New Y-" Her words trailed off when she realized that Krystal wasn't paying attention, too busy sipping on her caramel frappe and discussing a meeting with someone by the name Sasha Edwards. 

Aleisha sighed and leaned back in her seat, hoping she can figure out where her family is. 

-

"Goodmorning, Ms. Brown." Aleisha smiled at the fifth person that has greeted her this morning. Krystal was still busy sipping away on her drink to even bother giving a reply to people that spoke to her as well.

"Morning." Aleisha said in return, surprised by all the kindness from everyone.

But soon enough the greetings turned into questions, a bunch of people began to pile up around her with notepads or clipboards. They looked like workers as well but their expressions were very urgent. Krystal cursed them under her breath and handed Aleisha a key, and instructed her to head to her office. "Sorry." She told everyone and headed down the hall, as Krystal advised them to wait until they were settled.

It didn't take a good amount of time to search for her office, when she saw her name on the door that was placed in the middle of every thing else. Opening the door with the key, she went in and closed it. She couldn't possibly be the head boss of this place? All she could ever be is a 16 year old that still has a problem finding matching socks in the morning. 

Her white heels click clacked on the wooden floor of her office as she headed towards her desk. Upon it laid scatters of paper and different designs of art. But the thing that caught her attention was the nameplate that was engraved, Aleisha Brown. Owner of Aleisha & Co;

She took a seat in her desk chair, looking at everything in awe. But that was all interrupted when her telephone began to ring. She has never used an office phone before but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you're suppose to press the button that flashes.

Aleisha grabbed the phone and pressed the flashing button. "Hello?"

"Goodmorning, Ms. Brown." A voice on the other end of the line said.

"Goodmorning to you as well. May I ask whose speaking?" Aleisha asked carefully.

"Sarah, your secretary?" The woman replied.

"Of course." Aleisha said. She felt like an idiot for not knowing, they're in charge of phone calls anyways.

"I didn't want to bother you this morning since I know you normally hate it. But your parents called."

The mention of her parents made Aleisha freeze. Were they back together?

"What did they say?"

"They wanted to inform you that your father is going to be attending a conference for work, and your mother is going to be on vacation with a few friends in Paris." Sarah told her. "Just trying to give you a heads up before inviting them to any upcoming events."

Her father's work was part of the reason of her parents' divorce, and that only meant that they never gotten back together like she hoped. Not to mention that they didn't personally call her to tell her that they won't be able to attend anything that she will plan for later, leaving her all alone in New York. 

"I understand. Thanks for telling me." Aleisha shakily responded.

"You're welcome, Ms. Brown." 

With that she hung up the phone, sulking back in her chair. There was nothing she could possibly do when she had no idea why she was here. Her hands reached up to touch her necklace, but didn't feel anything. She looked down at her neck and realize that it was no longer there. That was impossible, she doesn't even remember taking it off.

Aleisha began to panic but stopped when her door flew open, Krystal stepping inside and making her way towards her.

"I got those files you wanted last week on that V guy," She got out the folders that were tucked under her arm and placed them down on her desk. "His catalog, bio, and everything else is all there just like you asked."

She had no idea what Krystal was referring to at all, but took notice of how well the artwork was in the folders she gave her. Everything seemed so unique and different, this was exactly what she wanted to find by having the dream of becoming an owner of an artist marketing agency. It's all about giving people a platform, and judging by every piece she looks at, he deserves a good name.

"This stuff is amazing." Aleisha said, completely amazed.

Krystal chuckled. "That's all you can say about his stuff. I also tried to get you his picture, but it wasn't allowed."

Aleisha frowned. "Why not?" 

"V has a tendency of not wanting to bring all of that into the mix. He wants to see what all we can offer face to face, instead of chatting on the phone. So, I got Sarah to look into any upcoming art events and she found this," She handed Aleisha a brochure that she saw was going into details about an art fair that was happening tomorrow evening. "One of his arts is going to be shown there, maybe you'll be able to meet him?"

Aleisha wasn't afraid to interact with anyone but the whole situation was different. She isn't going there to speak kindly to someone and later meet them at the mall, instead she has to think entirely of her business and focus on getting this guy to be interested in their company. It'll be pretty pathetic to not be able to manage her own company.

"We have so much to offer for him." 

Krystal clapped her hands. "The address and time is listed all in the brochure."

"Thanks." 

"I seriously should be getting paid more. And send me a pic before you leave for the fair, tomorrow?" Krystal suggested, looking at her outfit in disappointment. Aleisha rolled her eyes as she left the room.

Aleisha took the time to look over everything, making sure she knew all the things she needed to know before meeting this guy. All she can think is why go by one letter instead of his full name? Is he full with that much mystery? She scanned through his catalog more and soon realized she spoke to soon, her hands dropped the folder back on the desk when she saw his entire name printed on the bottom of one of his pieces.

KIM TAEHYUNG.

 

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait everyone! As I mentioned in my last chapter, I was attending #TRBinDallas for BTS and was there for two days with the family and came back home around 9 on Sunday. Then the rest of next week I had errands to run and began Driving school on Saturday/Sunday, and since it's going to be a regular thing, my updates are going to be mainly on weekdays or sometimes on weekends if I'm not worn out from school to be able to write another chapter. But thanks for everyone that reads this story and 'Bloodsport.' The support for both of them is incredible, so kudos to all of you!

Until next time readers, 

LEXI