four

Good to You

(DIDN'T PROOFREAD, APOLOGIES FOR ERRORS)

"You haven't touched anything on your plate." 

Aleisha ignored her grandmother's words as she sat across from her at the kitchen table. There wasn't much that she can say to start up a conversation, she didn't want to be anywhere near this house.

"Aleisha, you're going to have to eat something." 

"I'll be fine getting something from the store." Aleisha said coldly, pushing the plate of pasta away from her.

"What is making you act out in such a nasty way?" She said angrily.

She ignored her grandmother's words and stood up. "Since you're complaining so much I'll just head to bed." 

Aleisha went to turn to the stairs, but was stopped when her grandmother grabbed her wrist. She looked back at her to see that instead of being upset, she was crying. Her face reminded her of her mother from yesterday when she slapped her. 

"What are you going to do, grandma? Slap me?" Aleisha shot at her.

"There's only so much you can do until you hit that breaking point, Aleisha. Your mother and I raised you up to have manners, and respect for yourself. I'm not going to slap you, but I should after your mother told me you've been sleeping with that little boy from school. Don't make yourself look so easy, they'll be quick to take advantage of you the first chance they get. No granddaughter of mine is going to be sleazy, you're much more than that."

Maggie's hand went up to touch her face but Aleisha turned her face away. Her grandmother slowly brought it back down to her side and picked up her plate, and placed it into the sink.

"You're not going to bed without eating something," She told her, pushing the plate back towards her. "I'm here to help you, remember that."

Aleisha kept her eyes down at her hands, but looked over at her grandmother when she noticed the item she placed down beside her. It was the necklace that she got for Christmas years back, she hasn't seen it for so long. 

"Where did you find it?" Aleisha asked.

"I found it in the guest room closet when I cleaned it earlier. Figured you'll still want it."

"I'm too old for that stuff, why would I want that?" She said, taking a seat back at the table.

Grandma Maggie chuckled and placed both of her hands on Aleisha's shoulders. "That's ashame, heard that a necklace like that is pretty magical."

Without another word, she made her way upstairs. Aleisha didn't eat her pasta and instead dumped it in the trash, not caring that her grandmother would scold her in the morning for doing it. She went to walk up to her room, but paused as she looked at the necklace that was still on the table. Aleisha doesn't want to admit it, but the necklace was important to her. It was the one thing she had from her father, before her parents divorced. 

She grabbed the necklace and placed it around her neck, and started to go up the stairs. Once she was in her room she changed into a pair of pajamas from her suitcase, wrapping her hair up before getting into bed. Aleisha twirled the piece of jewelry in her hand.

"Magical? Yeah right," She scoffed, reaching over to turn off the lamp on the dresser beside her bed. 

It seemed like a normal night for Aleisha as she dozed off into slumber, missing the bright light coming from her necklace.


"Our Jungkook is finally a man!" Jimin laughed drunkenly, placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Taehyung and his friend, Bogum came over with a bunch of shot glasses, all four of them chugging down as many as they can. Jungkook knew that he shouldn't be drinking, but the rush he was getting from it made it want to do it more. "Never knew it felt that good to have a drink." He said, sending them a grin.

He figured Taehyung and Jimin planned something stupid, but instead decided to take him to a club. There were a lot of beautiful women dancing, drinking or talking to their friends.

You only see things like this in movies, Jungkook was just lucky that Bogum was able to get them in with the fake IDs he made. He would often catch himself looking at a girl with long, black hair wearing a black sequin dress. Jungkook has just witness a goddess.

Jimin caught him staring and smirked. "She's been eyeing you since we walked in."

"She's pretty." Jungkook said.

"A pretty girl that wants your attention. Now, get out of this chair and go talk to her!" 

He found himself gaining the confidence and took another look at her, but instead saw dark, hair and turned back around in an instant. 

Don't think about her, this is your night.

"What's wrong, Kookie," Bogum teased. "Scared you have no game?"

"Stop teasing, Bogum." Taehyung said. "There's a reason we brought Jungkook here. So he can meet other people."

"Don't let the thought of her ruin the fun, man," Jimin tells him. "This is new doors opening for you. You'll finally have a life that doesn't revolve around someone that doesn't give you the time of day. If you're not going to take the chance, we're going to have to bring you to the beauty ourselves."

"Just one more d-" 

"That's enough shots for you, time to flirt." All three of them grabbed him, as they headed towards the couch where the girl was sitting with her friend, laughing as they sipped from their margaritas. Jungkook's shoes were sliding on the floor, becoming nervous when they started to get closer.

It was too late for him to run back once they let him go, his eyes growing wide when he noticed he was standing in front of her.

The girl beside her giggled and turned her attention to the other people surrounding them. 

Come on, Jungkook. Be smooth, he thought.

"Hi," Jungkook grinned. He walked over to the opposite side of her and sat down, keeping his eyes on her. "I'm Jungkook."

"Sooyoung." The girl responded.

"Y-You look stunning," He stammered, cursing himself mentally for making a mistake. Jungkook figured that she look at him weirdly, but instead smiled. "Wait? I thought this was the part where you call me an idiot and walk away."

Sooyoung stood up from the couch and looked down at him. "Usually guys don't have manners in a place like this," She leaned over to his ear and smirks, "You're pretty cute when you're nervous."

His body fell still from her hot breath on his ear. "Really?"

She nodded and slowly stood up, holding out her hand. "Wanna dance?"

No girl has ever intitated anything with him or he never bothered to pay attention because he hung up on Aleisha. For the first time in his life, he feels like everything is fresh. There's not a friendship that would cause conflicts and the feelings were actually being returned. He was moving on. About time.

 

"Sure."

 

Author's End Note: I decided to update 'Good for You' since I already had the draft halfway done. But 'Bloodsport' would not be updated until next week, I'm going to busy this week getting ready for my BTS concert in Dallas. I'm usually a person that could do a few updates during vacation, but since this is my first K-POP concert I want to fully enjoy myself and have some time with my family. 'Bloodsport' chapters are pretty long because I want to give you guys 100% every single time. The draft is already made, but I'm taking my time with it and it'll probably be up next week anyways.

Until next time readers, 

-

LEXI