one

Good to You

present day // 2015

(JUNIOR YEAR)

[DIDN'T PROOFREAD; APOLOGIZES FOR ERRORS]

I shouldn't love you
but I want to,
I just can't turn away
I shouldn't see you
but I can't move
I can't look away

Jungkook crossed his arms as he watched Aleisha exchange numbers with Ryan Raeken, the sight angering him more and more as he kept looking. Her lips was in that beautiful wide smile she always does when she's happy, and he knew that she felt that way right at this moment. She would never shut up about Ryan and Jungkook would listen like he does all the time. Because best-friends are suppose to support one another, and he was aware of his boundaries. But he can't deny that he has feelings for Aleisha. The only problem was that she doesn't feel the same way. Being with her and thinking about how they are with each-other made it seem like it was beyond friendship, but it would never go to extent. 

And I don't know
How to be fine, when I'm not
Cause I don't know
How to make a feeling stop

"He invited me to this party he's going to Friday night. Never in a billion years would I ever think we'll be able to have a proper conversation, and now were dating. I'm so happy. It's all so exciting."

It was a Wednesday evening and they were sitting in Aleisha's room, finising up their English homework. He thought they would actually have time to catch up on things since she spent Monday and Tuesday with Ryan and his friends, but all she talked about on the walk home was how happy she was with him.

Jungkook dropped his pen and rolled his eyes. "Maybe we should finish this work up faster? My mom is going to be expecting me home soon."

He went to continue writing but paused when he saw Aleisha manage a tight smile, before going back to her work as well. The last thing he wanted was to make her upset. But he was so angry. It made him upset that she was so beautiful, charming, and funny. She had all of those amazing qualities but he would never get to see that side of her as much as he wants because she was being that way towards someone else, and he couldn't do anything about it.

He sighed. "You should go to the party. If he invited you, then he must really like you."

Aleisha smiled. "Thanks, Jungkook. You're such a great friend."

She raised up from her desk chair and walked over to the bed, pulling him into a hug. 

He didn't react at first but slowly brought his hands up and wrapped them around her.

Yeah, he was a great friend.

 

Just so you know
this feeling's taking control of me
and I can't help it
I won't sit around
I can't let it win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go, of you
but I don't want to
I just gotta say it all before I go
Just so you know
It was Friday night.
He was laying in his bed watching re-runs of Family Guy, a big bowl of popcorn and an empty bottle of Arizona beside his pillow. To anyone it was just a normal Friday, but he felt like his whole world was crashing before him. Right after school he just wanted to go home and sulk like his life depends on it, but he only got the chance to do it now since he spent majority of his time with Aleisha, the experience absolutely dreadful.
She went through her closet about 15 times to pick an outfit for her date, while Jungkook stayed on his phone. He was forced to see her in those amazing clothes she picked out, looking so gorgeous, but had to keep reminding himself that he wasn't her boyfriend. And the thought made him angry again.
Aleisha was bouncing like a rabbit and it warmed his heart. The last time she ever acted like that was when he brought her a big bag of gummy bears the night they watched Furious 7 on his laptop. She wanted him to stay longer with her so they could hang out before Ryan picks her up, but he made sure he was out of the house before he was forced to watch the two of them acting cute in front of his face. He can literally feel his heart crush when he sees it around school sometimes.
His train of thought trailed away when he felt his now empty bowl. Jungkook threw on his shoes and started to head downstairs to make another bowl of popcorn. He was about to walk straight into the kitchen when he heard a knock at the front door. 
Jungkook placed the bowl on the counter and ran towards the foyer, turning the knob on the door. He expecting to hear his mother telling him that they had to come back early, but he was shocked to see a familar maroon colored dress.
"Aleisha?" He said.
She looked up at him, her doe eyes filled with tears and her nose a bit red from crying. "I-I don't know what I did wrong, Kookie."
'It's all so exciting.'
"Come in," Jungkook squeezed the top of his forehead in frustration, as she stepped into the house and kicked off her shoes by the door. He didn't bother to make another bowl of popcorn and instead headed upstairs, grabbing one of the blankets out of the guest room. When he made it back down he saw Aleisha's sitting on the couch, her knees up to her chin. She looked so weak and Jungkook didn't like it one bit. He knew it was a mistake for her to get involved with Ryan.
Jungkook stepped behind her and placed the blanket on her shoulders, Aleisha turning around to murmur a small 'thanks' to him before he took a seat beside her on the couch.
"I'm sorry for coming here. I know you're probably sick of me bothering you all day." 
Sick of being just a friend, but not sick of you...I could never get sick of you.
He shook his head at her. "If something is wrong you know I'm always here for you. What happened?"
Jungkook saw that she was struggling to get her words out and was quick to dismiss the discussion. "Nevermind, we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."
"No," She replied, turning her body to face his. "The reason why I left the party was because..Ryan kissed another girl."
He felt his body boiling with anger at her words, instantly standing up from his spot on the couch.
"That bastard! He had the audacity to invite you and lock lips with someone else? Does he not care about you at all?!"
"Jungkook, calm down." Aleisha told him, standing up as well.
He frowned at her. "I'm not going to calm down when you show up at my house around 9:30 crying over his !"
Aleisha was taken back by his choice of words and walked closer to him. "I came here because I thought you would understand. My mother would demands answers if I went back home, but I knew you wouldn't do that to me. You would let me calm down and give me time. But I guess I wrong for showing up here since you don't know a thing about relationships."
Jungkook laughed bitterly. "You've only been dating this guy for a week and you feel like this relationship was something serious? Aleisha, stop being blind and realize that he doesn't care about you."
"So that's what you thought the whole time? That my relationship is a complete joke?"
Jungkook remained silent.
He has sugarcoated everything, but he was tired of doing it now.
Aleisha scoffed. "I can't believe I came here," She threw the blanket at him and made her way to the foyer, and started to slip on her shoes. Jungkook went to follow behind her, but she came back on her own and pressed a finger to his chest. "Who knows, maybe you mocked me on the way home after you left my house? I thought we tell each-other everything, Jungkook."
I'm in love with you
"Since we can't be honest anymore, I guess I can give you one last truth."
Her hands went to wrist as Jungkook eyes grew big. It was the bracelet he made her when they were in seventh grade. She quickly started to undo it as he shook his head. "Aleisha, don't!" 
Aleisha ignored his pleads and threw the bracelet at him. "I don't want to be friends anymore."
Those were the words Jungkook wanted to hear since middle school, but not in this kind of situation.
 
 
Author's End Note: I decided to do this after watching '13 Going on 30.' There has been an urge inside of me to write a fantasy multi-shot ever since I started on my previous stories on my other account on AFF, and finally chose to do it right at this moment. Jungkook was the perfect person for me to center this on since I can see him caring this deeply about someone, especially if she was a childhood friend. The next chapter is when the story is going to start taking off into things, can't wait to write it!
Until next time readers! - LEXI