✿✿✿

Send A Cutie

Maybe Chanyeol should be worried that this is the third Friday night in a row he’s spent marathoning various Sci-Fi movies with Jongdae in his living room, but he really doesn’t care. Not with a comfortable couch and microwave popcorn and enough takeout to feed a small army, but apparently not enough to feed two teenagers on a Star Wars high.


 

Tonight, though, he's flying solo, because Jongdae had to cancel on their epic movie night because he had a date with this guy from his dance group. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at the memory of his friend swooning over the guy- Junmyeon or something, and stuffs another fistful of popcorn in the general direction of his mouth.

That’s why he opts for ordering takeout for one, by which, of course, he means takeout that would easily feed half a dozen children, all from the comfort of his computer, without having to talk on the phone at all. He always hates ordering over the phone for some reason.

There’s a small box under the order that says ‘Special Requests’, and he suddenly remembers Jongdae talking about some guy proposing to a girl with a post-it note stuck to the inside of her takeout carton, and he gets an idea.

Feeling bold and inspired, he types in ‘Send a cutie’ and clicks send before he can chicken out of the whole thing.

He fidgets on the couch, waiting for the delivery, and all but jumps out of his skin when the doorbell rings.

Trying to seem cool and easygoing, he paces around the couch for ten seconds, counting in his head, before making his way, slowly, to the door, and pulling it open with as relaxed of a face as he can possibly muster.

It turns out that the delivery service he used is very serious about customer satisfaction, because, in front of him, holding a plastic bag in one hand and sporting a grin on his face stands, indeed, a cutie. The boy is shorter than him, and very attractive indeed- all light-brown hair with bangs that sweep across his eyes, which are framed with black eyeliner, and he's wearing these dark skinny jeans that make Chanyeol blush madly when he realizes he's been staring for entirely too long. 

He coughs awkwardly and makes a mental note to bookmark the delivery site for future use.

Mr. Cutie says something, and Chanyeol has to snap himself out of staring at the guy’s eyes because, honestly.

“Sorry, uh…”, he stammers, “Come again?”

Mr. Cutie smiles and repeats himself, telling Chanyeol how much his order comes down to. The taller nods and hides his blush while he fishes around for the money he has in his pocket, handing it to Mr. Cutie, who goes to get the change but is stopped by Chanyeol shaking his head quickly.

“Keep it.”, he chokes out.

Mr. Cutie smiles at this, and hands the bag over to Chanyeol. He says ‘goodnight’ and ‘enjoy’, and turns on his heel to leave, but Chanyeol clears his throat, feeling, for the second time tonight, indescribably brave.

“Do you, maybe, uh…”, he begins, slapping himself mentally, as the boy turns around to face him again, “-wanna come in for a movie and some takeout?”

Mr. Cutie tilts his head to the side, looking, well, cute, and then he’s smiling even wider and taking a step towards Chanyeol.

“I did hear this place has great food.”, he says, as if it’s all the reason he could possibly need. “I’m Baekhyun, by the way. Figured you could use a name to put in next to the ‘cutie’ request.”

Of course, Chanyeol blushes like mad and can only step aside to let the shorter boy walk through the door, introducing himself in a low mumble as he closes the door behind them. He tries to ignore the fluttering feeling in his stomach, and tells himself it's just hunger making him feel lightheaded.

They watch two Star Trek movies and eat the takeout and two bowls of popcorn, and gradually slide closer and closer to each other, until Chanyeol’s got his arm draped over the back of the couch, and Baekhyun has his head resting on the other’s shoulder, both hiding their shy smiles behind mouthfuls of popcorn.

At the end of the evening, when Chanyeol’s walking Baekhyun to his bike, the shorter boy stands up on his tiptoes and places a soft kiss to the corner of his mouth, a small hand resting on his shoulder for balance. He pulls away with a shy grin, and Chanyeol imagines that he must look like a fish out of water with how his mouth is hanging open. A piece of paper is slipped into his hand moments before Baekhyun disappears down the street and leaves Chanyeol standing motionless and looking at his retreating figure.

He bookmarks the delivery website the second he gets inside, grinning at the note in his hand that shows a phone number and a: “Call me. \(*u*)/ - cutie”