Two.

Nothing to Fear.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Shinhye spent her night in her own bubble --- which meant she wants to be alone in her room ---- after the incident. She managed to get her beauty sleep after calming herself with her medication.

 

At dawn, her stomach began to grumble since her last meal was a plate of eel omelette for yesterday’s morning. When she thinks it’s unfair to die because of starvation when she could stuff herself, she decided to make some traditional pancakes with some black coffee and had her breakfast by herself in the garden.

 

As she stared at the green garden with beautiful roses of her mom, she was reminded of yesterday’s incident. She felt stupid again.

 

“Good morning pony.”

 

Pony, a nickname given and called by only her brother. Just because she was born in the year of horse and it was pony instead since Shinhye was so small and petite until she grew up till she reached 165cm in her senior years.

 

“Oppa, you surprised me,” Shinhye grabbed the dark glasses on the table and quickly put it on.

 

“Having breakfast without me huh?” Seojun pouted as he took a seat across his dongsaeng with a cup of black coffee in his hand.

 

“Sorry… but it’s just still early,” the sun was just about to rise. So, it was still early as she said.

 

“Thank you for the pancake though.”

 

“I was starving so I decided to make an early breakfast for everyone but too scared to wake everyone up since it’s still early,” the younger explained, sipping thru her hot coffee. “Did Jihyo eonnie went home safely yesterday?” she asked.

 

Although she shut herself off from the world, she still cared about everyone around her. At least, that made her feels normal.

 

Love and care.

 

“Yes, she made it safely. She was worried about you… everyone is….”

 

Shinhye swallowed and looked away.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine now… I’m sorry I made everyone worried… again…”

 

“No, it’s fine. I mean don’t be sorry…” Seojun knew how his sister felt now and if he didn’t stopped her; she would start blaming herself again and felt useless again and again.

 

That happened every time Shinhye got attackd with her anxiety disorder. Social Anxiety Disorder. General Anxiety Disorder. Depressive Episodes. Or whatever people called it.

 

“He didn’t meant to surprise you either… he said sorry,” continued Seojun.

 

“He did?” Shinhye was surprised. This was the first time she heard people said sorry to her when she ran away because of the panic. Usually, other people who didn’t know her would just assume she was a freak.

 

And that was one of the reasons Shinhye refused to be in the crowd. Refuse to even go out from the house. And refuse to pursue her career as a lawyer.

 

Too bad…

 

“And it’s my bad too… I did tell him about you. Maybe he didn’t expect you would run away though I’ve warned him that you aren’t ready yet for any social approach.”

 

“Oppa… who is he?” Shinhye asked, frowning. She remembered the way the tall guy looked at her. He even asked if she remembered him. Instead of trying to remember who he was, her brain betrayed her and asked her to run away instead.

 

What a jerk brain.

 

“You don’t remember? I thought I introduced him to you before when I brought my jamming friends’ home and you were accidentally in the kitchen.”

 

Shinhye now remembered the day from last week where she almost, just almost got another anxiety when her brother and his friends burst into the kitchen for some snacks. Luckily Shinhye sat herself at the corner where she felt safe with her dark glasses on, inches away from the strange group of young men who was hungrily eating their snacks.

 

Seojun did introduce them to her but she was too nervous, she didn’t pay any attention at all.

 

“His name is Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa. My hoobae who just moved from Busan. Since he is around and he is good with guitar, I invited him to join me for the wedding surprise…”

 

Her brother had planned to perform his self-written song for his fiancée on their wedding with the help of his friends.

 

“Oh…” was the only word that came out from Shinhye’s mouth. It meant the name didn’t ring any bell in her traumatized brain.

 

“He thinks he upset you,” Seojun continued while his hand reaching for the pancake in his sister’s plate.

 

Shinhye had lost her appetite when her brother mentioned upset.

 

“So he felt sorry for making you feel un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter