It's Personal

It's Personal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the third time Baekhyun woke up with paper in his mouth. The first time, it was his own fault; he’d been reading music scores and fell asleep. The second time was a prank by another member, Kai. And this time, it was a slip of lime green tissue paper, with the sharp italic scrawl of the words, I’m sorry, Baekhyunnie~ Forgive me!

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and yawned, flicking away the paper and thumping over to the window, where a bright pink poster board greeted him: Baekhyunniee~ I hope you’ve forgiven me by now^^

“I hope one of you lazy sticks made me breakfast today!” Baek hollered, rolling into the kitchen. Suho was watching TV and Sehun was sitting at the table, munching on a bagel.

“There’s a bagel for you on the counter,” Suho called back.

Baek gagged after his first bite of the bagel. Naturally, there was a slip of paper in his food, too.

Love you, Baekhyunniee~ Sorryy

“Honestly- where’s Chanyeol?” Baek groaned.

“He went somewhere.” Sehun said, putting his plate in the sink and stepping into a pair of shoes. “Said he’ll be back in like an hour. He said that two hours ago.” Sehun shrugged and pushed through the front door.

Baek sighed. “Suho hyung, what’s on TV?” He plopped down on the couch beside his senior and beamed at the sight of Barbie and the Fashion Fairy-tale. “Damn, I love this movie. Ken can have my bacon any day.”

So he watched until the clock reached noon, and was totally lost in the movie when the dorm door opened loudly, and a grinning Yeol stomped in. “Baekhyunniee~ I brought you a present!” He set a white box on the table and Baekhyun slumped into the sofa. Please don’t come over here, dufus, he thought.

Just as Baek decided he had to run, Chanyeol giddied over with a big, white, creamy ice cream cake, 90% icing, 9% jelly and 1% cake. Kai trudged out of his own room, rubbing his eyes and raising a hand to greet the members but then stopping when he saw the action playing.

It was fast and yet really, really slow: Chanyeol held out the cake to show to his roommate, and Baek stood up quickly, the last thing he saw being the words Forgive me, Baekhyunniee~ before the entire desert smooshed into his face, his hair, and his brand new #1 SNSD Fanboy shirt.

Baekhyun kind of just stood there for a minute, shocked, and Chanyeol started to fuss, “Ah, uh, sorry, Baekhyunnie, it was just-” but the angry beagle just glared and walked past him for the bathroom.  

Before slamming the bathroom door behind him, Baek heard a low whoop and some slow clapping. “I smell a lover’s quarrel,” Suho sang, and by the time Kai could comment, Baekhyun was already in the shower.

The first thing he did when he came out was sneeze a good forty-eight times, and then almost vomit at the sight before him.

Flowers – sheets of them – covering every inch of his room. On his bed, his dresser, and taped to the walls, a thousand purple flowers. And in the middle of it all, Chanyeol sat on the floor, bouquet in hand, and yelled nice and loud, “Forgive me already, Baekhyunniee~ I love yooouu~ please!”

“Wha-Chanyeol!” Baekhyun had to hold a hand over his nose to stop the strong gust of plant smell from eroding his nasal cords and messing up his vocals forever. “What the hell?!”

“Hyacinths,” Chanyeol mused. “The flowers that symbolize forgiveness.”

“No, you dumb ,” Baek hissed. “They symbolize sorrow.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol furrowed his brows and took off his hat, ruffled his hair and fixed it back on. “Well I’m sorrowful that you won’t forgive me!”

Baek sighed furiously and tossed his wet towel on his flower-covered bed. “Clean this up,” he shouted before joining Kai, who was doing push-u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter