Hello, Hello, Hello

Chinese Teacher

 

Jia’s POV

When I met Super Junior’s Heechul I was a fan. Super Junior had been around for awhile and of course I knew of them. He was pretty much as I expected. Pretty and confident. But he was a little friendlier to me than I expected. Maybe I just didn’t set my expectations high enough. Upon meeting him I defiantly didn’t think that anything than a normal healthy friendship would progress.

We finished the broadcast for Youngstreet. The show went well; Heechul was charming on and off air. But as I packed up my bag and got ready to go on with my schedule for the day I didn’t expect to be stopped. I was grabbing my phone off the table when Heechul’s Chinese word stopped me. “You’re so pretty, giveme your phone number!"

“What?” I laughed and turned to face Heechul as he approached me. As he held out his porcelain hand to me I wasn’t sure what he wanted. It was when I went to put my phone away in my pocket that I realized it was the phone he wanted. “Oh.” I smiled wide and chuckled a little more, remembering his words from earlier on the broadcast. I looked at my phone skeptical before giving it to him.

“How else are we going to contact each other for more Chinese lessons?” Heechul now asked sounding much more comfortable in his native language. Not being able to come up with a satisfying enough response I stayed mute as he plugged his number into my phone, his fingers seeming to move for a longer time than necessary. After a couple moments of being suspicious I snatched the phone back from him.

He had texted himself from my phone. I figured it was so he could make sure to have my number. I made a funny scrunched face as I read the text he sent to himself from my phone out loud. “Oppa, you’re so cool and handsome.” Heechul had a smile on his face as I read the text and what seemed to be the hint of a blush. I laughed again and resisted from touching his lightly blushed cheeks so I could inspect them and see if they were really warm or if I was just focusing too much on his make-up.

“Jia, Schedule.” The voice broke my concentration on trying to discover Heechul’s blushing.

“I’ll text you, Oppa.” I smiled and waved to Heechul who was only a few inches away from me and then I hurried to meet the side of my manger. I closed out of Heechul text message to himself before putting my phone away in my pocket and I managed to focus on keeping it there for most of the day.

Heechul’s POV

I knew she was Chinese. That’s all I really knew about Miss A’s Jia. She could dance and she was Chinese. She was also really pretty. I didn’t realize how pretty she was until I met her though. I couldn’t explain it. I have yet to meet a girl prettier than myself but when I saw Jia I thought that she might just be perfect competition. She was beautiful.

When I hunted her down after the broadcast and exchanged numbers with her I also felt as though my heart was pumping at a different rate. I’ve never really experienced that with a girl. It wasn’t a completely new feeling to me. It was similar to the feeling I get before an important show or when I was trying to impress some body. But I wasn’t one to impress often. After all I’m just naturally impressive. I thought I could feel my cheeks warm up a bit as I talked to her. But I brushed it off. It wasn’t like I was blushing my face was just sensitive the air or something logical.

As soon as her manager pulled her away I thought of texting her. I wanted to. My fingers were moving and typing without my permission. You’re so pretty. They typed out on my phone screen.  I quickly regained control of my digits and erased the message instantly. Heechul wasn’t the type of guy who sent random compliments to girls, especially one’s he just met, I reminded myself and put the phone away. I eventually found my own manager who took me to the rest of my schedules for the day. Jia didn’t leave my mind for the day as I frequently checked my phone hoping she’d text me. It wasn’t until my schedules were over and I was back in the dorm that I finally got the text I was pathetically waiting for.

Hi~ Heechul-Oppa ^^ The text was simple but the tone was happy so I was satisfied enough. I smiled without realizing until my fellow band member and roommate Leeteuk pointed it out.

Jia’s POV

After saying good night to my roommates and fellow members of Miss A, I retreated to my room for the night. I took everything out of my pockets including my phone and that’s when I remembered that I told Heechul I’d text him.  I had completely forgotten about our meeting due to the other things I had planned.  I felt embarrassed for a brief moment before coming to the realization that he’d probably forgotten about it too. He was Super Junior’s Kim Heechul. He was probably a very busy person. This softened my guilt as I hurriedly sent him a simple message. I put my phone aside without much thought and grabbed a change of pajamas from my closet.

It must have taken me about twenty minutes to change clothes and take my entire make up off from the day. Sure enough when I returned to check my phone I had a reply from Heechul.

Jia! What are you doing? I laughed when I read the text. Something about it seemed hurried. I turned my light off and cuddled into my bed before replying. Like most nights I plugged my phone on its charger next to my bed so I could play with it before I went to sleep.  I replied to the text.

I’m going to sleep. I replied to the text and before a full minute passed I got a reply.

So you don’t want to hang out with me? I laughed and wondered if he was serious.

It’s late, Oppa. I smiled as I typed my reply and sent it. I didn’t realize how tired I was but the second I shut my eyes after sending that message I fell into a deep sleep.  The buzzes from my phone didn’t even phase me as Heechul responded.