Fresh Meat

Ambrosia†
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blushing cherry blossom petals fell away from their trees out of embarrassment; spring was here. She stared through her body length window, admiring the ocean of petals at the foot of the garden. Cherry blossoms were a commonality through all the generations she lived through, but they never lost their magical beauty.

She never lost her magical beauty either. She was too burdensome to be put in school. Guys would gawk at her and girls could glare. She hated having all eyes on her. It was like having a circle of burning lasers feed through her skin. She had no choice though. She had to go back to school to finish her mission.

The girl turned from the window to face her mirror. It was awkward staring at her in a school uniform. It was black with white stripes racing downwards. One thing she observed from all her years alive was the change in the shortness of skirts. If a girl wore a skirt with the edges barely grazing the bottom of her thighs just a hundred years ago, she would have been a laughing stock. Out of discomfort she attempted to stretch her socks higher.

Her name was Shirogane Chizuru. Her family resided in Korea during the Josean Era. She hated it. Although misogyny wasn’t uncommon back in Japan, it seemed more intense in this foreign country. She happened to settle in well, meeting many new people and earning a new form of respect.

She was an Ambrosia, the highest rank of vampires. The word itself meant “food of the gods,” referring to immortality. For simpler vampires, it wasn’t hard to sense their presence. They carried this aura, lit by a small titanium aura quartz crystal imbedded into their wrists. The stone was iridescently breathtaking. It reflected red, blue and purple hues inside a shiny clear top coat. As she was in the car she remembered an important part of the mission. She covered it with the surface of her ring finger and focused a great deal of energy on that spot. This allowed for the stones presence to be concealed, creating an inability for all vampires to know of her existence.

Thus she had arrived. Cross Academy, a prestigious school separated into two sections; the day class and the night class. The night class inevitably was filled with various ranks. She disguised herself as a day student to avoid night students. In a way she wouldn’t be avoiding them since she was assigned to guide them from their dorms to the school. She had to guide them in case they act recklessly.

Sora was a simple minded girl. Her most treasured item was a memory, her first memory in fact. That memory dated back to a decade into the past. The air was thin, so thin she felt it piercing into her tiny numb ears. As she shoveled through the deep snow with her leather buckled boots her mind was revolving around bittersweet thoughts. A normal isolated eight year old would be crying for comfort, however Sora couldn’t bear tears. She was oblivious to the fact the she was not a normal six year old.

She remembered feeling cautious. Her steps became slower as she felt a figure creep up behind her. Her neck paralyzed, disabling her to take a look at what creature was attempted to catch her. It’s arm rushed to her shoulder. She felt a gust of sharp icy wind dust her shoulder as it tried to grab her. She expected to be sacrificed to the beast’s hunger, however she realized nothing happened. Sora twisted her head, finally able to move. The strange creature was gone.

Instead of the beast there was something else. In the raining snow and merciless wind there stood a man. Tall in physique but tender in gaze. The faded moon managed to illuminate his pulchritudinous beauty. His eyes were so clear, she thought they were made of glass. His chocolate locks still looked so silky despite being beaten up by the snow. He extended his large arm to her.

“Don’t worry, he’s gone.” He said almost musically

Sora smiled at that memory. It always lightened her heart whenever she revisited the scene in her mind. She was currently eighteen and was not an isolated child anymore. After that event took place, the man took her to her current residence; Cross Academy. Her adoptive father was the chairman of the academy. He was a rather quirky and aloof character however he genuinely cared for her.

She was now wary of what that memory meant. There were almost human creatures in this world. Their physical a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter