Dandelion Rings

kaisoo trash drabbles

Title: Dandelion Rings
Pairing(s): Kaisoo
Rating: G
Summary: Kyungsoo confesses first. It's a beautiful wedding.
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Too sweet to your own goods, Seven years old Jongin and Eight years old Kyungsoo
Word count: 711, short-drabbles

{check it out too in my livejournal ehe http://dyonette.livejournal.com/1115.html}

 

 

When Jongin's mother opens the door to let him in, at first she does not notice that there is someone with him. Not until Jongin tugs his companion forward (he is holding him by the hand), clears his throat, and pipes up in a bright voice, "Mom, this is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo loves me."

Do-Kyungsoo, Jongin's mother infers, must be his actual name—is a head shorter than her seven-year-old son, has downy black hair with tufts going everywhere, and looks perpetually wide-eyed.

"Is that so?" Jongin's mother smiles indulgently. "Then is Kyungsoo here to ask for my blessing?"

"We're here for snacks," says Jongin. "After snacks, we'll get married!"

"Oh, well in that case, right this way, please."

Jongin's mother leads them into the kitchen where she cuts up some leftover cake and lets the boys carry the slices over to the living room on Jongin's favorite plates decorated with forest animals. Jongin insists on pouring the glasses of lemonade even though the ceramic jug is a bit heavy for him and he sloshes drops onto the table (Kyungsoo discreetly dabs them away with a napkin).

Jongin chatters away as he eats while Kyungsoo chews and listens in rapt silence. Jongin's mother can't help but smile when the boys troop into the kitchen to put their empty plates in the sink. Kyungsoo can't reach the counter so he hands his to Jongin. Once everything is put away, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's hand again and makes for the door. Jongin's mother stops him and wipes some crumbs off his face as he bounces from one foot to the other.

"Where's Kyungie oppa off to?" Jongin's sisters come down the stairs one after another.

"We're going to get married," Jongin huffs, wriggling impatiently as his mother tucks his shirt in for him.

"Are we invited?" his eldest sister asks, grinning.

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blinks back, wordless as ever. "Okay," Jongin says at last. "Let's go to the park. You have to throw flowers."

"Got you covered," says his younger big sister, swiping the decorative fake flowers from the balcony and tucking a basket under each arm.

"You kids better bring my flowers back in one piece," Jongin's mother warns.

"I'll keep an eye on them," says his eldest sister.

 

 

Jongin leads them down to the park, past the playground to a small pebbled path lined with gangling little trees planted only the year before, still supported by tied-up bamboo frames. Jongin shows his sisters where to stand while Kyungsoo busies himself pulling up a couple of dandelions he found in the grass.

Kyungsoo solemnly loops the stem around Jongin's ring finger and makes a knot before handing the remaining dandelion to him. Jongin fumbles with his dandelion stem, trying to make a ring around Kyungsoo's finger without messing up his own. His younger big sister giggles, setting down her basket and coming over to help. Afterwards, Jongin hurries her back to her spot under the tree.

Jongin and Kyungsoo march down the tree-lined path while Jongin's sisters obligingly toss cloth flowers over their heads. At the end of the path, Jongin accidentally steps on an earthworm and starts crying because it's slimy. Kyungsoo wordlessly leads him away from the grisly scene, pats his tear-stained cheeks and gives him a hug. Jongin's sisters gather up all the cloth flowers and head back to the house. Jongin and Kyungsoo spend the rest of the afternoon pushing each other on the swings.

It's a beautiful wedding.

 

 

 

 

"So Kyungsoo confessed first!" Chanyeol crows.
"But Kyungsoo Hyung never said anything the whole time!" Sehun protests.

"I proposed to Jongin at the playground before we went to his house, his mother just wasn't there to see it," says Kyungsoo, very matter-of-fact.

"I can't believe he's telling that story," Jongin wails, hiding his face in his hands as the wedding guests coo and his mother and sisters share a chortle. "I'm so embarrassed, I could just die."

"Don't die yet, Jonginnie. We haven't consummated our marriage," Kyungsoo deadpans. "That's a lie!" Jongin whisper-shrieks, going bright red.

"Our second marriage," Kyungsoo amends without missing a beat. "Of course, there's also our honeymoon."

"Of course." Jongin recovers enough to squeeze Kyungsoo's hand under the tablecloth.


Their dandelion rings stain their fingertips yellow.